Does This Kid Need Thyroid?

Violence

I meant to ask this Ray Peat himself but seeing how the few that have his email address are so helpful with sharing it i guess thats not gonna happen. Can anyone chime in on this?

My 10 year old daughter went for her first thyroid check up, no symptoms just a preventative measure, as both me and my wife have hashimoto ( i don't need to take thyroid, wife does). Ultrasound found nothing unusual but the bloodwork came back as follows:

TSH: 1.852
FT4: 14.91
TRAK antibodies: <0.300
Anti TG: 70.7
Anti TPO: 263.9
Vitamin D: 40

The diagnosis was: the hormonal profile is adeqaute to age, but antibodies are present aTPO and aTG, TRAK antobodies are negative. USG shows thyroid in the volume of 7.2ml, which is less than 1SDS, with signs of difussional thyropathy. D Vitamin concentration sufficient.

The doctor prescribed Levothyroxine, half a 25mcg pill a day.

Do you think those results warrant this treatment?

natedawggh

I meant to ask this Ray Peat himself but seeing how the few that have his email address are so helpful with sharing it i guess thats not gonna happen. Can anyone chime in on this?

My 10 year old daughter went for her first thyroid check up, no symptoms just a preventative measure, as both me and my wife have hashimoto ( i don't need to take thyroid, wife does). Ultrasound found nothing unusual but the bloodwork came back as follows:

TSH: 1.852
FT4: 14.91
TRAK antibodies: <0.300
Anti TG: 70.7
Anti TPO: 263.9
Vitamin D: 40

The diagnosis was: the hormonal profile is adeqaute to age, but antibodies are present aTPO and aTG, TRAK antobodies are negative. USG shows thyroid in the volume of 7.2ml, which is less than 1SDS, with signs of difussional thyropathy. D Vitamin concentration sufficient.

The doctor prescribed Levothyroxine, half a 25mcg pill a day.

Do you think those results warrant this treatment?

ABSOLUTELY NOT. children do not have he same thyroid function as adults. Taking thyroid will stunt her growth and cause maturation to set in early. Why would you treat someone when they are healthy and have no symptoms?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom