Dermatographia - treatments aside from antihistamines?

JmJ

Help! I've had dermatographia for about a year and I'm at wits end. I so much as drag a finger across my cheek to move my hair out of my face and I get bright red mark and swelling that lasts about 10-15min. Very embarrassing when out in public! This also happens if I rub my eyes, or itch my scalp, arms or legs = major redness and swelling and even itchier! Western docs say "bummer, take Benedryl or other antihistamine" but they don't work! Could it be citrus? I need to maintain my vit c so have yet to eliminate my OJ/adrenal cocktail. Been a covid long hauler since March 2020 - not sure if dermatographia is a side effect or not. Any advice appreciated.

Help! I've had dermatographia for about a year and I'm at wits end. I so much as drag a finger across my cheek to move my hair out of my face and I get bright red mark and swelling that lasts about 10-15min. Very embarrassing when out in public! This also happens if I rub my eyes, or itch my scalp, arms or legs = major redness and swelling and even itchier! Western docs say "bummer, take Benedryl or other antihistamine" but they don't work! Could it be citrus? I need to maintain my vit c so have yet to eliminate my OJ/adrenal cocktail. Been a covid long hauler since March 2020 - not sure if dermatographia is a side effect or not. Any advice appreciated.

I use to have this “skin writing” talent in my twenties and it just went away on it’s own. How is yours doing?

“Other names for dermatographia include dermatographism and skin writing.”

“Dermatographia is common. It affects about 2% to 5% of the general population.”

“moisturizing skin with natural products, such as coconut oil or shea butter. practicing self-care by getting enough rest and nurturing the body and mind. cooling the itching with cold compresses, chilled aloe vera gel, apple cider vinegar, or cold running water.”

“The consensus among medical professionals is that dermatographia is an allergic reaction when specific antibodies (IgE and IgM) are released in response to scratching, pressure, or mild irritation of the skin. This response prompts the release of histamines, which cause the welts.

In general, researchers do not expect to find a strong genetic link to dermatographia, although 14 percentTrusted Source of those surveyed in a recent study reported a family history of the condition.

Skin writing is often seen in young adults.

The following factors may make the condition worse:

exercise
heat
cold
stress
vibration
alcohol use
More than 80 percent of those contacted by researchers in this study said their symptoms were worse at night.“

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom