Amazon, Berkshire, JPMorgan Partner To Cut U.S. Healthcare Costs

Mito

Amazon, Berkshire, JPMorgan partner to cut U.S. healthcare costs

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O), Berkshire Hathaway Inc (BRKa.N) and JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPM.N) said on Tuesday they will form a company to cut health costs for hundreds of thousands of their employees, setting up a major challenge to an inefficient U.S. healthcare system.

Healthcare industry experts say the new entity could eventually negotiate directly with drugmakers, doctors and hospitals and use their vast databases to get a better handle on the costs of those services.

That could undercut the industry’s “middlemen,” from health insurers to pharmacies and benefits managers.

Investors in the sector expect Amazon will become a major disruptor of healthcare, just as it has done in the retail industry, fueled by media reports in recent months that the company was considering entering the pharmacy business.

grabster

I wonder if they will be pushing wearable health monitoring systems, that will automatically prescribe drugs. If your blood pressure is high, Amazon can ship some drugs to you right away.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hopefully things improve. The hospital I work for was just sold to an insurance company and equity fund investment company. I'm not sure what changes that might bring but everyone at work agrees that it can't possibly get worse.

I still think the best plan is to doctor yourself if at all possible.

yerrag

Hopefully things improve. The hospital I work for was just sold to an insurance company and equity fund investment company. I'm not sure what changes that might bring but everyone at work agrees that it can't possibly get worse.

Or to teach people how to doctor themselves without them ending up in the ER. :D

When I heard Amazon, I was thinking of something earth shaking that they would do. Something along the line of a paradigm shift. Instead it's simply "cutting the middleman."

Same drugs. Same cycle of dependency on maintenance drugs. Same devolution into deeper levels of chronic sickness.

If you guys just missed the point, Amazon just wants the repeat business of sick people on a revolving door channeled to its "low cost middleman-free" system.

Next up, Amazon will partner with a major hospital system for a low-cost delivery of corpses to burial sites. 1-day delivery guaranteed.

burtlancast

I believe Amazon just announced it's seeking the services of Ray Peat, Stanislas Burzynski and Charlotte Gerson for the position of health manager advisers.

YWbudyZ.png

D

danishispsychic

i actually emailed Jeff Bezos about Ray Peat a few days ago. i email him all the time- and his staff answers back- last year when i email him about food delivery etc before the whole foods thing- he actually answered me back . ( or at least that is what the email said. )
im a fan. [email protected]

D

danishispsychic

totally agree-!!!! if people really tried to learn about their bodies they would so much further along...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom