What could cause simultaneous elevated magnesium and calcium levels?

TheSir

Information on this is scarce. While my sodium and potassium are in the middle of their respective reference ranges, magnesium and calcium are borderline above the range. What could be causing this? I'm not supplementing much mg nor ca.

peter88

I thought I heard ray say that you don’t want elevated calcium or magnesium because they aren’t reaching your tissues

Apple

Information on this is scarce. While my sodium and potassium are in the middle of their respective reference ranges, magnesium and calcium are borderline above the range. What could be causing this? I'm not supplementing much mg nor ca.
The body uses vitamin D to promote calcium/magnesium absorption in the gut. It also promotes retention.

youngsinatra

Ray once said in an interview that a high serum magnesium is due to poor ATP production, as ATP is needed to bind Mg-ATP to keep it intracellular.

Are you hypothyroid by chance?

OP
TheSir

TheSir

@TheSir https://drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/Oxidation Types 1104.htm have you already read it?
Yeah, I've been in four lows for the past year. Usually in four lows one is able to take 1-2 grams of magnesium per day. I could do that very briefly in the beginning before hitting bowel tolerance, after which I've been able to take only 0-400mg a day. In spite of this, serum level has remained high.

The body uses vitamin D to promote calcium/magnesium absorption in the gut. It also promotes retention.
Is this to say that my D must be high since I'm retaining ca&mg in my blood, or that it must be low since it is staying in blood instead of tissues? I know for a fact that my D has been borderline deficient for years. I can't supplement it without triggering arrhytmia and twitching which worsen the longer I supplement.

Ray once said in an interview that a high serum magnesium is due to poor ATP production, as ATP is needed to bind Mg-ATP to keep it intracellular.

Are you hypothyroid by chance?
I'm hypothyroid, as well as in a mineral pattern that is described as sub-oxidation. TSH was over 3 last time I measured. Unfortunately I won't be able to work on my thyroid before I get into normal oxidation.

Logan-

I would check: PTH, TSH, total t3-t4, vitamin D, pulse rate, BP. Also, renal function tests.

Logan-

Increasing saturated fat intake may help with a lot of things that are most probably responsible for your levels. Think bbqs of fatty meat, fatty cheese, milk, incorporating more coconut oil etc. I’d also suggest consuming sugared fruit juice during the day, and eating at least two organic certified eggs in the mornings. Taking synthetic thyroid (t4+t3) after every meal can help.

Logan-

I would check: PTH, TSH, total t3-t4, vitamin D, pulse rate, BP. Also, renal function tests.
Also renin-angiotensin system. But checking all of these could be overkill. I’d be watchful of my new energy level, bp, pulse rate, mood, reactions to foods etc. I mean the basics, and act accordingly.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals