Superb! Hello

PeaterPan

Hey everyone, i just wanted to register here to share my little happiness, i've been following a little modified ray peat diet,
currently i've been eating 400-600 grams of sugar everyday, i've though a lot about this diet and if you can make it work it's very powerful, i'm just at my 5th day on this diet and my loose teeth stopped being loose, my teeth are remineralizing and some are even GROWINg, my skin looks better, no more oily skin, no more hair loss
the only negative obviously is the extreme anxiety that you get on this diet, expecially if you jump into it like i did, my guess is that this is caused by a lack of steroid hormones, well it's not only my guess, i'm almost pretty sure, but this is a transiction, even though steroid hormones are lacking the cell sensibility to these hormones is increasing,
another bad thing is that the thyroid start hurting at the end of the day when i'm getting into the 500-600 g of sugar range + 3 liters of milk(for now), yes this gives the other glands a big rest but overworks the thyroid so it's important to keep fat intake high enough.

What i disagree on ray peat:
exercise: exercise done right(eating sugar before, while doing it and after + protein) is extremely beneficial, it evolves the organs

glands beside the thyroid and steroid hormones like testosterone(male), i think they are pretty important, minimizing their importance probably either reduces your lifespan or makes you grow like an ermafrodite and give you anxiety in exchange for an increased intelligence and creativity, basically destroying your social and sexual life.
It's important to not let glands compete but cooperate, not letting the thyroid gland do all the work. Balance is far more important and efficient.

I also disagree on the a little extremistic view on supplements and impurities, let's face it, getting all the nutrition from food is a little expensive and difficult, it's important but with the increased metabolic rate we get more pros than cons by supplementing synthetic/impure vitamins, the real thing is the real deal, but "something" is better than nothing.

For everything else, YAY RAY PEAT, btw did you notice my awesome nickname? I came up with it in 3 seconds due to the increased creativity, just kidding, maybe not....

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
PeaterPan, :welcome

aguilaroja

PeaterPan said:
currently i've been eating 400-600 grams of sugar everyday,
... i'm just at my 5th day on this diet
...the only negative obviously is the extreme anxiety....
another bad thing is that the thyroid start hurting at the end of the day when i'm getting into the 500-600 g of sugar range + 3 liters of milk(for now),...

Welcome to the forum. It is an interesting report.

400 to 600 grams of sugar daily is in the range of about 15,500 to 23,00o 1550 to 2300 calories daily, due to the sugar alone. 3 Liters of milk would give protein in the 90 mg range. The calorie range is near the reported intake of sumo wrestlers, so apparently calorie-wise it is sustainable for years.

My impression has been that Dr. Peat is concerned with adequate accompanying nutrients in the context of large sugar intake. Milk is a valuable source of some nutrients, while other important nutrients come from other food sources, mentioned in many kinds of posts in this forum.

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/sugar-issues.shtml
"Refined granulated sugar is extremely pure, but it lacks all of the essential nutrients, so it should be considered as a temporary therapeutic material, or as an occasional substitute when good fruit isn't available, or when available honey is allergenic."

While the early account sounds encouraging, five days is a very short time to evaluate a methodology. It is VERY concerning to hear that the thyroid gland region hurts, and caution is advised.

http://columbiathyroidcenter.org/thyroiditis.html#tab3

SaltGirl

Actually, 600 grams of sucrose is 2500 calories according to cronometer.

...and welcome to the forum!

OP
P

PeaterPan

Thanks to everyone! :)
aguilaroja said:
PeaterPan said:
currently i've been eating 400-600 grams of sugar everyday,
... i'm just at my 5th day on this diet
...the only negative obviously is the extreme anxiety....
another bad thing is that the thyroid start hurting at the end of the day when i'm getting into the 500-600 g of sugar range + 3 liters of milk(for now),...

Welcome to the forum. It is an interesting report.

400 to 600 grams of sugar daily is in the range of about 15,500 to 23,00o calories daily, due to the sugar alone. 3 Liters of milk would give protein in the 90 mg range. The calorie range is near the reported intake of sumo wrestlers, so apparently calorie-wise it is sustainable for years.

My impression has been that Dr. Peat is concerned with adequate accompanying nutrients in the context of large sugar intake. Milk is a valuable source of some nutrients, while other important nutrients come from other food sources, mentioned in many kinds of posts in this forum.

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/sugar-issues.shtml
"Refined granulated sugar is extremely pure, but it lacks all of the essential nutrients, so it should be considered as a temporary therapeutic material, or as an occasional substitute when good fruit isn't available, or when available honey is allergenic."

While the early account sounds encouraging, five days is a very short time to evaluate a methodology. It is VERY concerning to hear that the thyroid gland region hurts, and caution is advised.

http://columbiathyroidcenter.org/thyroiditis.html#tab3

Yep, as the user above me said 500-600 g of sugars is in the 2000-2400 calories range, i counted the lactose from milk as sugar too.

About the thyroid, it doesn't hurt anymore, i rest it by eating normally.

I think sugar may be better than fruits, the more refined a thing is the more impurities are removed, basically sugar is pure energy, there's a lack of energy in the western world not a lack of nutrients, multivitamins in the western diet? Useless, i piss them out (yellow pee, riboflavin), with sugar i'm pissing riboflavin less and less, a sign that my body is actually using them.

Mittir

SaltGirl said:
Actually, 600 grams of sucrose is 2500 calories according to cronometer.

Domino Sugar lists 3.75 calories per gram. That will give 2250 calories from 600 grams.
Nutritiondata lists 3.87 calories per gram for granulated sugar and 3.89 for
powdered sugar. I am guessing there is probably some moisture in refined sugars.
I am not sure why cronometer used 4.17 calories per gram.

OP
P

PeaterPan

Ray Peat is a genius, today after 210 grams of sugar i started sweating and losing my vision, big signs of insulin resistance, thankfully i remembered the effects of coffee on type 2 diabetes, so i drank 2 cups of coffee, stopped sweating, my vision returned.

If you do a ray peat diet right, you get all the pros of sugar without the cons. But i guess that a ray peat diet done wrong will really make you diabetic (obviously less than a starch diet which is worse)

Have to raise my cream intake.

Ah btw, my wisdom teeth is realigning with the others :)))))

aguilaroja

Mittir said:
Domino Sugar lists 3.75 calories per gram. That will give 2250 calories from 600 grams.
Nutritiondata lists 3.87 calories per gram for granulated sugar and 3.89 for
powdered sugar. I am guessing there is probably some moisture in refined sugars.
I am not sure why cronometer used 4.17 calories per gram.

It is my error with a decimal place. I edited the previous post. The figure that came up frequently on web searches was 387 calories per 100 grams of powdered sugar. By that figure, the range from 400 to 600 grams of sugar is 1548 to 2342 calories for that sugar intake.

It is interesting to hear the experiences with this intake. While there may be fine tuning, it remains concerning that in less than a week of diet manipulations there has been thyroid pain and vision loss.

OP
P

PeaterPan

You are right, my mistake is jump starting into this diet, from nothing to all, i got a lot of good results(firm teeth, clear skin, my wisdom teeth is realigning with the others,slight remineralization) but i forcefed myself 400-600 grams of sugar, it was my mistake, i overworked my body, so i'm restarting and building up gradually.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom