Study: Inflammation and depression symptoms are most strongly associated for Black adults

strongvirtue

Ineresting article by Dr. George Slavich.
1670523901521.png

P

Peatress

From the article

These data thus point to a biological process that may help to explain disparities in mental health outcomes across race/ethnicity in the United States. At the same time, additional research is needed to understand the social and structural factors driving these effects.

I am reminded of a recent article by the BBC

When I read it I couldn't understand how they came to that conclusion. What do I know I'm not a doctor.

mostlylurking

These data thus point to a biological process that may help to explain disparities in mental health outcomes across race/ethnicity in the United States. At the same time, additional research is needed to understand the social and structural factors driving these effects.
Ineresting article by Dr. George Slavich.
Well, yeah. Aren't dark skinned people more likely to be vitamin D deficient?
and here's the connection between vitamin D deficiency and c-reactive protein:

P

Peatress

Well, yeah. Aren't dark skinned people more likely to be vitamin D deficient?
and here's the connection between vitamin D deficiency and c-reactive protein:
In which case we would expect to find these conditions in every group that is vitamin D deficient.

P

Peatress

This sentence is confusing to me; kindly rephrase.
This is from the dementia article I posted.

The UCL research followed nearly 300,000 people who took part in the UK Biobank study for up to 14 years.
During that time, about 6,000 people developed dementia - most were white, 91 were black and 79 were South Asian.
Despite the small number affected in black and South Asian groups, the study found that the same factors increased the risk of dementia in all three ethnic groups,
These risk factors were hypertension, or high blood pressure, obesity, smoking, social isolation, air pollution, depression, diabetes and hearing loss.

How does this add up to black people more likely so to develop dementia?

Last edited by a moderator:

mostlylurking

This is from the dementia article I posted.

The UCL research followed nearly 300,000 people who took part in the UK Biobank study for up to 14 years.
During that time, about 6,000 people developed dementia - most were white, 91 were black and 79 were South Asian.
Despite the small number affected in black and South Asian groups, the study found that the same factors increased the risk of dementia in all three ethnic groups,
These risk factors were hypertension, or high blood pressure, obesity, smoking, social isolation, air pollution, depression, diabetes and hearing loss.
I think the listed things are correlations, not causes. Thiamine deficiency is a likely candidate for the cause of hypertension, obesity, depression, diabetes, hearing loss, and dementia. Poor diet is a likely cause of thiamine deficiency. Poor diet is the likely "risk factor" for thiamine deficiency which is the "likely risk factor" for the list of provided symptoms. If you are writing the article with the purpose of highlighting correlations/other symptoms so a social worker can more quickly spot a person spiraling down into dementia, well OK, I guess the list of things could be called "risk factors" but if you are listing these things as suspected causes of dementia I doubt the list would be very helpful. Maybe it's just a semantics thing that's bothering me....
It would have been more helpful (and more trouble) to evaluate the people's diets and things like thiamine deficiency/functional status and their vitamin D levels.

P

Peatress

I think the listed things are correlations, not causes. Thiamine deficiency is a likely candidate for the cause of hypertension, obesity, depression, diabetes, hearing loss, and dementia. Poor diet is a likely cause of thiamine deficiency. Poor diet is the likely "risk factor" for thiamine deficiency which is the "likely risk factor" for the list of provided symptoms. If you are writing the article with the purpose of highlighting correlations/other symptoms so a social worker can more quickly spot a person spiraling down into dementia, well OK, I guess the list of things could be called "risk factors" but if you are listing these things as suspected causes of dementia I doubt the list would be very helpful. Maybe it's just a semantics thing that's bothering me....

It would have been more helpful (and more trouble) to evaluate the people's diets and things like thiamine deficiency/functional status and their vitamin D levels.
Yes but despite those risk factors only 91 black people got dementia. The headline doesn't make sense. I don't think it's just diet that causes hypertension - poisoning can do this pretty well.

There are new drugs ready and waiting. No vitamins here. If they are shifting the goal posts for diagnosing dementia then black patients are going to be given these new drugs – they will be guinea pigs.

mostlylurking

Yes but despite those risk factors only 91 black people got dementia. The headline doesn't make sense. I don't think it's just diet that causes hypertension - poisoning can do this pretty well.
Heavy metal poisoning is a big one (cause of hypertension). Iron is considered a heavy metal and plays a major roll. Hypothyroidism also causes hypertension. Both heavy metal poisoning and hypothyroidism can also cause dementia.

The article you posted includes this gem:
"A mix of genes and underlying health conditions, such as high blood pressure and obesity, may play a role in dementia risk among black people."
Anytime an article blames genes for a health issue is a red flag for me. High blood pressure and obesity would point to some possibly serious health conditions in anyone, no matter their skin color. I'm inclined to just stop reading right there because it appears to me the author has ulterior motives. That said, per my previous post, people with dark skin have a harder time absorbing enough vitamin D through their skin and vitamin D deficiency is believed to cause multiple problems, including dementia. Sometimes genetics cause people to have dark skin. But is the genetics the underlying health condition or is the lack of vitamin D that is caused by the dark skin the problem? You can easily fix a vitamin D deficiency by supplementation; gene editing isn't ready for prime time. Yet. With any luck at all this mRNA fiasco they've foisted upon the world will set gene editing back a thousand years.

P

Peatress

I agree @mostlylurking. Post 2020 I view the journalism of the BBC as propaganda.

If low vitamin D is the issue then treating the hypertension without addressing that will eventually lead to kidney damage. Then they will be told it's genetic. Demetia and depression is not prevalent in Africa or the caribbean to my knowledge.

I suspect that patients are going to be directed towards these kinds of facilities (see the link below). Again used as guinea pigs. I saw this coming in 2020 when London got a brand new neurological hospital.

It is no accident that it's called the Mary Seacole MRI Centre

From the article

The new £10.5m Mary Seacole MRI Centre will be shared by Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust and King’s College London and will be dedicated to the finding and initialising of the latest AI breakthroughs so NHS patients can benefit as quickly as possible.

mostlylurking

I agree @mostlylurking. Post 2020 I view the journalism of the BBC as propaganda.

If low vitamin D is the issue then treating the hypertension without addressing that will eventually lead to kidney damage. Then they will be told it's genetic. Demetia and depression is not prevalent in Africa or the caribbean to my knowledge.

I suspect that patients are going to be directed towards these kinds of facilities (see the link below). Again used as guinea pigs. I saw this coming in 2020 when London got a brand new neurological hospital.

It is no accident that it's called the Mary Seacole MRI Centre

From the article

The new £10.5m Mary Seacole MRI Centre will be shared by Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust and King’s College London and will be dedicated to the finding and initialising of the latest AI breakthroughs so NHS patients can benefit as quickly as possible.
We're doomed.

I do get a flicker of hope from everything that is coming out like a torrent now. I think the medical industrial complex (with their maniacal wackos at the helm) will be dispatched pretty damned quick; things are not as they appear. Have you seen this recent video? It's long and well worth the time. This is Senator Ron Johnson's round table event that was put on (12/7/2022) in preparation for the upcoming congressional hearings (I hope, I hope). The Republicans have taken control of both houses of congress now. The video starts at about the 6 minute mark.

View: https://rumble.com/v1ze4d0-covid-19-vaccines-what-they-are-how-they-work-and-possible-causes-of-injuri.html

Another item to watch is this upcoming US Supreme Court case; the initial review is set for 1/6/2023.
Here's an interview of the man who brought the suit. The segment with Loy Brunson is at the beginning and lasts about 30 minutes.

View: https://rumble.com/v1xqgow-ep.-474-we-the-people-w-special-guest-loy-brunson-the-daily-dose.html

P

Peatress

Thanks for posting those @mostlylurking I won't have time to watch them but I know about the fantastic work Senator Ron Johnson is doing. I hope it changes something.

mostlylurking

Thanks for posting those @mostlylurking I won't have time to watch them but I know about the fantastic work Senator Ron Johnson is doing. I hope is changes something.
I do think things will massively improve within the next 30-60 days, at least politically. I do think that these monsters will be stopped. That said, it's so important to be aware so that each of us can make rational decisions and not be herded into the kill chute.

P

Peatress

I do think things will massively improve within the next 30-60 days, at least politically. I do think that these monsters will be stopped. That said, it's so important to be aware so that each of us can make rational decisions and not be herded into the kill chute.
Thank you for saying that. I pray that you are right.

My mission has always been to warn other people. I made some stupid health choices including having two rounds of contrast dye back to back a few years ago. I want the change to happen now because they're coming for our children and it's going to be unbearable if the infants start dying suddenly.

mostlylurking

Thank you for saying. I pray that you are right.

My mission has always been to warn other people. I made some stupid health choices including having two rounds of contrast dye back to back a few years ago. I want change to happen now because they're coming for our children and it's going to be unbearable if the infants start dying suddenly.
They're dying and live birth rates are down all over the world. There's testimony in the video about it.

P

Peatress

They're dying and live birth rates are down all over the world. There's testimony in the video about it.
I know about the decline in birth rates - I thought that was because pregnant women took the covid injections.

P

Peatress

I read this article again and thought this section was appropriate for this thread

The speed with which Chomskyism spread through universities in the US in the 1960s convinced me that I was right in viewing the instruction of the humanities and social sciences as indoctrination, rather than objective treatment of knowledge. The reception of the authoritarian ideas of Lorenz and his apologists in biology departments offered me a new perspective on the motivations involved in the uniformity of the orthodox views of biology and medicine.

In being introduced into a profession, any lingering tendency toward analogical-metaphoric thinking is suppressed. I have known perceptive, imaginative people who, after a year or two in medical school, had become rigid rule-followers.

One of the perennial questions people have asked when they learn of the suppression of a therapy, is “if the doctors are doing it to defend the profitable old methods, how can they refuse to use the better method even for themselves and their own family?” The answer seems to be that their minds have been radically affected by their vocational training.​

mostlylurking

I know about the decline in birth rates - I thought that was because pregnant women took the covid injections.
The spike protein (massive dose in the "vaccine") is known to concentrate in the reproduction organs; the testes and the ovaries - in addition to the heart and the brain. It's a sterilization/democide (genocide by governments) campaign.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals