Rapamycin For Dogs--Drug Interactions?

frannybananny

@frannybananny Here’s a few quotes:
“A dramatic decrease in the number of new actinic keratosis on my face and scalp. I live in the desert and was chronically exposed to excessive sunlight in the days before SPF was a thing. We thought suntan lotion was a little iodine mixed with baby oil. So, I have what my dermatologist describes as chronic keratosis. This means even if I am never exposed to UV again I will still have actinic keratosis that has to be taken care of with chemicals and/or cryosurgery. It just occurred to me that I missed my quarterly appointment and it doesn’t look like I have any new ones that need taking care of.
I would really like to know if anyone else has noticed an effect on their appetite or skin since taking rapamycin.”

“I have had chronic actinic keratosis for decades and two basil cell carcinomas removed. Since I started rapamycin my skin is free from actinic keratoses. I used to go to my dermatologist at least twice a year for treatment. Now I haven’t seen a dermatologist for two years. My extreme exposure to sunlight, when I was young, was the cause of the keratosis so I no longer expose myself to the sun whenever possible.”

“As I have previously posted. I have what my doctor described as chronic actinic keratosis due to extreme sunlight exposure when I was young. This has caused me to visit dermatologists and undergo various nasty treatments 2 to 4 times a year. I have been taking rapamycin for ~ 6 months and my actinic keratoses have completely cleared up. I haven’t been to a dermatologist in a year. I am convinced that rapamycin is a cure for actinic keratosis. Incidentally, my first dose seemed to stop the keratoses in their tracks and further doses have completely cleared them up.”

“I’m about four months in. Fine lines have definitely diminished, and the actinic keratosis on my forehead has disappeared. I took photos when I started and plan to update this thread with “before and after” pics after eight months has elapsed, which is the same time frame as the before and after photos from the Drexel study.”
These people are using it topically btw.
That is soooo interesting @Blossom ! I went to the Derm yesterday and sure enough he insisted on biopsying (asked my permission ) two bad looking spots that I had been trying to treat myself with tretinoin, effudex and Lidocaine. Read the new studies on Lidocaine and how it creates cell death in skin cancer and prevents metastisis. Anyway, he didn't like it and thought they might be BCCs... I just hope not Squamous.

I am very interested in Rapamycin now ... and you mentioned a topical type? Do you know what it's called and can I get it from ADC like the Sirolimus? You take it internally right? Does it mess up your sleep at all? I remember that you titrated up the dosage. I could use some serious help with my skin since I was on the CA beach alot when I moved here in my 20s and now have a sailboat husband who built his own boat, then got another bigger boat and wants to go out over to the Channel Islands whenever it is not foggy! I haven't gone for the last few trips but I miss it and think it is not a good thing for our relationship either. Any info you can give me about the Drexel study I would appreciate. I am going to look that up right now and see if I can find it.

frannybananny

@frannybananny Here’s a few quotes:
“A dramatic decrease in the number of new actinic keratosis on my face and scalp. I live in the desert and was chronically exposed to excessive sunlight in the days before SPF was a thing. We thought suntan lotion was a little iodine mixed with baby oil. So, I have what my dermatologist describes as chronic keratosis. This means even if I am never exposed to UV again I will still have actinic keratosis that has to be taken care of with chemicals and/or cryosurgery. It just occurred to me that I missed my quarterly appointment and it doesn’t look like I have any new ones that need taking care of.
I would really like to know if anyone else has noticed an effect on their appetite or skin since taking rapamycin.”

“I have had chronic actinic keratosis for decades and two basil cell carcinomas removed. Since I started rapamycin my skin is free from actinic keratoses. I used to go to my dermatologist at least twice a year for treatment. Now I haven’t seen a dermatologist for two years. My extreme exposure to sunlight, when I was young, was the cause of the keratosis so I no longer expose myself to the sun whenever possible.”

“As I have previously posted. I have what my doctor described as chronic actinic keratosis due to extreme sunlight exposure when I was young. This has caused me to visit dermatologists and undergo various nasty treatments 2 to 4 times a year. I have been taking rapamycin for ~ 6 months and my actinic keratoses have completely cleared up. I haven’t been to a dermatologist in a year. I am convinced that rapamycin is a cure for actinic keratosis. Incidentally, my first dose seemed to stop the keratoses in their tracks and further doses have completely cleared them up.”

“I’m about four months in. Fine lines have definitely diminished, and the actinic keratosis on my forehead has disappeared. I took photos when I started and plan to update this thread with “before and after” pics after eight months has elapsed, which is the same time frame as the before and after photos from the Drexel study.”
These people are using it topically btw.
I also wanted to say that skin cancer runs in my family with my Mom passing away from metastisized melanoma when she was in her 60's .... they didn't have Keytruda then (Jimmy Carter usedd this to cure his brain melanoma) nor other immune system enhancing drugs. My whole family keeps getting BCCs frozen off. When I showed the new Derm yesterday the tops of my thighs he said, "Oh that's too many for me to freeze off", so he wouldn't even hit them with the cryo gun!! I see that there is a website where you can get consults and prescriptions for both tablets and topical cream of Rapa ... looks expensive but do you get a break on shipping of Sirolimus with ADC? what do you think of this? Healthspan | Longevity Medicine and Human Performance Optimization—Senolytics, Metformin, and Autophagy Induction

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@frannybananny,
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I completely understand having a family history of certain things causing concern. In the quotes I posted people are making their own DIY topical lotion/solution. I will get information for you over the weekend.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@frannybananny, here’s a link that might be of interest:

There’s a discussion on making topical rapamycin here:
I hope some of that is helpful.
Edit: removed one link that didn’t work. I will try again later.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I also wanted to say that skin cancer runs in my family with my Mom passing away from metastisized melanoma when she was in her 60's .... they didn't have Keytruda then (Jimmy Carter usedd this to cure his brain melanoma) nor other immune system enhancing drugs. My whole family keeps getting BCCs frozen off. When I showed the new Derm yesterday the tops of my thighs he said, "Oh that's too many for me to freeze off", so he wouldn't even hit them with the cryo gun!! I see that there is a website where you can get consults and prescriptions for both tablets and topical cream of Rapa ... looks expensive but do you get a break on shipping of Sirolimus with ADC? what do you think of this? Healthspan | Longevity Medicine and Human Performance Optimization—Senolytics, Metformin, and Autophagy Induction
The last time I ordered from ADC they were only changing a flat fee of $10 for shipping. I’m not sure about Healthspan tbh although I believe they are reputable because I haven’t used them before. I started with ADC for my initial order because I was only planning on giving it to my dog but I have since found a source for less than half their price with shipping and wire fees through another member here. It’s not as convenient but with 3 of us in the family on it I’m willing to be a little inconvenienced every 6 months or so.

frannybananny

@frannybananny, here’s a link that might be of interest:

There’s a discussion on making topical rapamycin here:
I hope some of that is helpful.
Edit: removed one link that didn’t work. I will try again later.
Thanks Blossm. I did join and follow Rapamycin News forum but your link has me confused. What is this poster talking about that they got from Lab Alley. What is Transcutol .... is it just for dissolving the tablet? Anyway, have you tried making your own cream or have bought the premade stuff? I haven't even ordered the tablets yet but I will send you a private message of what I found from IndiaMart.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks Blossm. I did join and follow Rapamycin News forum but your link has me confused. What is this poster talking about that they got from Lab Alley. What is Transcutol .... is it just for dissolving the tablet? Anyway, have you tried making your own cream or have bought the premade stuff? I haven't even ordered the tablets yet but I will send you a private message of what I found from IndiaMart.
I just messaged you. Transcutol is the solvent used to dissolve the tablets. You can purchase it from lotion crafters.

OP
T

TAG145

Forum Supporter
I just messaged you. Transcutol is the solvent used to dissolve the tablets. You can purchase it from lotion crafters.
Hi Blossom-
I think I missed where you are sourcing your rapa from? can you share it? I have 3 dogs, a cat and two rats who would be interested and ADC would be very pricy.
TX

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals