QUESTION Regarding Clindamycin…

Frankdee20

So, developed severe tooth pain and abscess in cheek and led me to the dentist. He pulled a wisdom tooth out, and initially prescribed amoxicillin on Friday. On Saturday, swelling increased and was still in pain, but no surgical centers open. He decides to prescribe Clindamycin 300MG every 6 hours. Took one dose that day, Sunday I began to feel better and safe to say that I responded. I’ve only taken 3 pills today instead of 4. I’m concerned about Colitis development and C Diff.

I’m going to see the dentist again tomorrow, and want to bring this concern up. Should I just stick to 3 pills Clindamycin or discontinue? It does help prevent endocarditis during tooth extraction. I am drinking Kefir cultured yogurt daily and a whole 32 ounce bottle. Thoughts please ?

my face still looks like a chipmunk but pain has subsided

Last edited:

LadyRae

So, developed severe tooth pain and abscess in cheek and led me to the dentist. He pulled a wisdom tooth out, and initially prescribed amoxicillin on Friday. On Saturday, swelling increased and was still in pain, but no surgical centers open. He decides to prescribe Clindamycin 300MG every 6 hours. Took one dose that day, Sunday I began to feel better and safe to say that I responded. I’ve only taken 3 pills today instead of 4. I’m concerned about Colitis development and C Diff.

I’m going to see the dentist again tomorrow, and want to bring this concern up. Should I just stick to 3 pills or discontinue? It does help prevent endocarditis during tooth extraction. I am drinking Kefir cultured yogurt daily and a whole 32 ounce bottle. Thoughts please ?

my face still looks like a chipmunk but pain has subsided
It's a pretty safe antibiotic. My daughter has it in a topical cream for her face. I take amoxicillin a couple times a month for endotoxin related issues and I think it's great stuff. I've never experienced any bad side effects...

How many more pills are you supposed to take? If you've already taken three then I don't think four is going to make a huge amount of difference

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

It's a pretty safe antibiotic. My daughter has it in a topical cream for her face. I take amoxicillin a couple times a month for endotoxin related issues and I think it's great stuff. I've never experienced any bad side effects...

How many more pills are you supposed to take? If you've already taken three then I don't think four is going to make a huge amount of difference
Wait, I’m referring to Clindamycin. Amoxicillin is definitely safer, but is that what your daughter is taking ? Also, I think topical creams are safer than pills because they may not saturate the gut. So are you saying Clindamycin is safe ?

LadyRae

Wait, I’m referring to Clindamycin. Amoxicillin is definitely safer, but is that what your daughter is taking ? Also, I think topical creams are safer than pills because they may not saturate the gut. So are you saying Clindamycin is safe ?
Yes, her cream has Clindamycin in it, so definitely a safer application topically like you said. Aren't amoxicillin and clindamycin in the same family?

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Yes, her cream has Clindamycin in it, so definitely a safer application topically like you said. Aren't amoxicillin and clindamycin in the same family?
No, amoxicillin is penicillin derived. Honestly, I can’t even say that it didn’t or did work for me because I only took like two doses before returning next day with excruciating pain. That’s when he switched to Clindamycin.

LadyRae

No, amoxicillin is penicillin derived. Honestly, I can’t even say that it didn’t or did work for me because I only took like two doses before returning next day with excruciating pain. That’s when he switched to Clindamycin.
Ah, good to know 😊.... Well if the clindamycin gave you relief right away, I would finish the round prescribed to you because you don't want to mess around with oral bacteria getting out and into your body. It can be difficult to get rid of... Maybe others will chime in here but I wouldn't worry about it unless you start getting abdominal pain. I spent my whole life being fearful of antibiotics unnecessarily, at least for me.

A few years ago I took around of bactrim because it was incorrectly prescribed my daughter and we had the bottle lying around. That one week round completely solved all of my bloating and gas issues that I had been trying to get rid of since my year of veganism/high fiber. It was like magic

OP
Frankdee20

Frankdee20

Ah, good to know 😊.... Well if the clindamycin gave you relief right away, I would finish the round prescribed to you because you don't want to mess around with oral bacteria getting out and into your body. It can be difficult to get rid of... Maybe others will chime in here but I wouldn't worry about it unless you start getting abdominal pain. I spent my whole life being fearful of antibiotics unnecessarily, at least for me.

A few years ago I took around of bactrim because it was incorrectly prescribed my daughter and we had the bottle lying around. That one week round completely solved all of my bloating and gas issues that I had been trying to get rid of since my year of veganism/high fiber. It was like magic
Thank you

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom