My nicotine - motor neuron self experiment.

parallax

I have embarked on a self experiment involving 2mg nicorette chewing gum and a specific hand-movement 'challenge.' This post is my introduction to the idea and my first experience report, with it I invite criticisms aimed at improving the experimental methods.

My protocol:
-I film myself performing the hand challenge in which I sequentially touch thumb to each finger, starting with the pointer finger with one hand and with the pinky finger on the other hand, so that the hemispheric motor control is 90 degrees out of phase so to speak. I find this difficult enough to do that I usually get mixed up within 40 seconds or so of repetitions. I intend to provide photos of this hand movement challenge, but in the meantime please chime in if you have a name for what I am trying to describe. Wtf is this hand challenge called?
-After doing this test, I will chew 2mg of nicotine gum and retest the hand movement 45 minutes to an hour after starting to administer the gum.
-I will repeat this no more than 3 times per week, one nicotine free test followed by acute nicotine dose test. I will keep doing these reps until I feel done or I feel like changing the protocol.

First dose experience report:
Obviously this will make more sense when I show video of the test, but for now I felt it was easier to correctly initiate the movement before nicotine but I moved slower and couldn't keep it organized for very many passes. On nicotine it took me four or five tries to actually initiate the movement properly, but once I got it going it felt fluent and easy with a natural flow I could keep repeating. Also, I like how 2mg feels.

OP
parallax

parallax

Minor update
My preliminary impression of nicotine (ingested in this manner) is that it feels comparable to a combination of aniracetam and alpha GPC. For me both Aniracetam and Coluracetam have a noticable calming or soothing effect that we don't usually associate with drugs that also increase alertness. This calm feeling is at least partially shared with nicotine in my initial subjective impression.

Don

Thanks. I see so many potential benefits to nicotine. I remember the run on the gum when covid first hit.

OP
parallax

parallax

I have continued with this experiment, but I quickly made so much improvement that it became meaningless to try to extract data. I feel that nicotine acutely improves my motor control.
I've pretty much embraced nicotine and have been using 10-15mg daily since the beginning of April. In my search to understand the neuroprotective function of nicotine and the overall trends in neurodegerative diseases I keep coming back to acylcarnitines, fatty acid oxidation, fibrosis and intestinal bacterial metabolites of choline and tryptophan.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals