MOTIVATION AND FOCUS

No wonder they are so green when you're eating so many parsnips! Potatoes are the most envious of the root vegetables, if you didn't know.

They are perfectly safe peeling the greens away. I just mix in parsnips in with my poroes sometimes because they are less starchy and so tasty! I just just wonder how many people get sick from baked potatoes, not knowing what lurks below the skins.

OP
I

Ignoramus

How did the liquid energy go yesterday Ignoramus? Did you get enough calories in?
It went well! I will keep experimenting with it. My roommates did raise an eyebrow after I came back from the shop with 10 litres of goat's milk though...

I did get a lull after about 8 hours or so, and I felt I needed some real food (which I slowed down a bit after). I'm adding sugar to my milk and warming it. Maybe the sugar is too sedating (could be an insulin issue?). I think testosterone is implicated in this motivation thing (at least for me), and I'm craving a bit more fat. I might try adding butter to the milk. I'll keep tweaking things.

It went well! I will keep experimenting with it. My roommates did raise an eyebrow after I came back from the shop with 10 litres of goat's milk though...

I did get a lull after about 8 hours or so, and I felt I needed some real food (which I slowed down a bit after). I'm adding sugar to my milk and warming it. Maybe the sugar is too sedating (could be an insulin issue?). I think testosterone is implicated in this motivation thing (at least for me), and I'm craving a bit more fat. I might try adding butter to the milk. I'll keep tweaking things.

Ha! Ha! I thought it was crazy too for 5+ years, hearing RP and others drinking so many liquids. The milk was filling until I took solid food out of the equasion. I really don't get full, I just know I need some seafood, liver or colorful foods so I settle down with some around four or five o'clock. Besides needing the focus and motivation are you looking to lose or gain weight?

redsun

Mm interesting. I myself have all of the histadelic traits, and my mother has some of them. Maybe this is why cypro tanked my motivation so bad - I'm used to running on histamine?

Do you think there's any sneaky biohacking that can be done to, say, increase dopamine sensitivity? I'm crazy and I want to feel like I'm on Adderall all the time....

Yes, I do struggle with perfectionism and not living up to an impossible ideal that I have set for myself. It would save energy to cut myself some slack.

Cheers for these thoughts! I love thinking about this stuff.

Yeh well a big part of adderall's effects is norepinephrine as well. This is partly why caffeine is effective, the norepinephrine increase. Norepinephrine activates many regions of the brain including dopaminergic regions through the locus coeruleus. Regular exercise, adequate vitamin C intake, good copper and iron status should optimize norepinephrine in the brain.

jet9

I want to hear anything you guys have to say in regards to sustaining motivation/willpower and focus over long periods of time.

I am very much a 'doer' and I am most happy when I am working furiously towards a goal. I feel absolutely euphoric when I am in this state, and I want to maximise it and reach my full creative potential. I don't care if it takes some time off my life to do this.

I think about this issue a lot, but I struggle to understand why my motivation and focus fluctuate so much.

I'm interested in hearing about diet, lifestyle, exercise, outlook, neuroscience, psychology, philosophy, spirituality, supplements, drugs; anything you believe is implicated in creative drive.

I'm interested in the long term. Nicotine, for example, increases my motivation immensely in the short term, but it seems to mess with things after a few days of use, so I think it's best to be avoided (for me).

Thank you!
How did it go? Did you find your optimal routine for productivity / focus ?

golder

How did it go? Did you find your optimal routine for productivity / focus ?
I’m in the exact same boat as you @Ignoramus if you ever find a sustainable suolution to long term focus/motivation over the course of your experimentation, would you be kind enough to share your expertise in this thread?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals