Is Susceptibility To Mosquito Bites A Good Or Bad Sign?

Gustav3Y

You can see the mosquitoes flying in droves around certain windows even if there is no one there in that specific room, especially in the early morning times when there is temperature discrepancy from outside to inside.
I cannot see any mosquito attempting to feed during the day even with curtains on the windows, while I can see where they are on the walls.
As soon as dusk comes they start getting active.
Not sure if this is the same in all parts of the world as climate can be vary greatly.
Also not all mosquito are the same, for example the ones that reside in forests (certain environments) always go for my eyes during the daytime, while walking and they will fly along for long distances, often II cannot wait to get out of the forest as they will stop following.
CO2 is well established as attractive to mosquito and ticks. Especially the forest ticks that jump on you from the trees when sensing the CO2.

yerrag

This is what I've always thought as well. I'm sure there are other variables but I always assumed this was the biggest factor. That's why there are CO2 mosquito traps that you can buy.

You can also test this by going out in the morning and turning on your car. I live in the country and if I turn my car on in the morning there will be hundreds of bugs flying around my exhaust (or anytime really, but it's easier to see them in raking light and they seem more active in the morning)

If you breathe more and it's to exhale more CO2, it's because the blood is acidic. And if mosquitoes come, it tells you at least you have enough CO2 left to breathe out. Not the worst case, as you'd be more worried if you're breathing out a lot and no mosquitoes are coming. As that means you can't spare any CO2 because you're so life-threatening low on it.

That is, if the CO2 hypothesis holds true.

Gustav3Y

Why aren't mosquitoes attacking during daytime in the same room they attack at night?
Even if the curtains do not let light in the mosquitoes just stay on the walls or hide.

While the forest mosquitoes attack during daytime no problem.

yerrag

Why aren't mosquitoes attacking during daytime in the same room they attack at night?
Even if the curtains do not let light in the mosquitoes just stay on the walls or hide.

While the forest mosquitoes attack during daytime no problem.
Maybe your metabolism is up and your temperatures are higher?

Gustav3Y

It's the same for many people I know or have been around, this is not about me only.
Inside one can be in a room with 5 mosquitoes on the ceiling during the day and until dusk they will not even attempt anything, just fly away if you try to smack them.

We even had a word around here, see those on the wall, as soon as night sun sets they will make a lot noise.

I am still curious what makes the mosquitoes so aggressive in the forests during the day but not in rooms.
Go outside the forest and you can't see a mosquito follow you around here during daytime.

yerrag

Don't mosquitoes like moisture? Maybe moist in forest.

Depending on the season, the evenings can develop moisture. That's why there's morning due.

If you turn on the AC at night, which robs the air of moisture, will the mosquitoes still bite you?

yerrag

I remember going to Yosemite one summer and it was humid, considering this is California, expected to dry statewide, and so I was surprised to find a lot of mosquitoes.

Gustav3Y

Don't mosquitoes like moisture? Maybe moist in forest.
They like it, actually their larva loves H2O directly, I remember even various barrels that had rain water were filled with swarms of mosquito larvae, most people around could not comprehend what is going on in random containers , I was emptying the barrels to get rid of the larvae.
Yes it is moist in the forest (not tropical), definitely more moist than the open field.
No AC, so I don't know.

GorillaHead

This is what I've always thought as well. I'm sure there are other variables but I always assumed this was the biggest factor. That's why there are CO2 mosquito traps that you can buy.

You can also test this by going out in the morning and turning on your car. I live in the country and if I turn my car on in the morning there will be hundreds of bugs flying around my exhaust (or anytime really, but it's easier to see them in raking light and they seem more active in the morning)
holly crap this explains why when i lit up coals hundreds of mosquitos came out no where

GorillaHead

If you breathe more and it's to exhale more CO2, it's because the blood is acidic. And if mosquitoes come, it tells you at least you have enough CO2 left to breathe out. Not the worst case, as you'd be more worried if you're breathing out a lot and no mosquitoes are coming. As that means you can't spare any CO2 because you're so life-threatening low on it.

That is, if the CO2 hypothesis holds true.
so assuming its true, what can one do ?

boris

What are your safe mosquito repellents? Those little beasts always seek me out.

yerrag

@GorillaHead
It would mean one is acidic wthout carbonic acid contributing to the acidity. So, there is little CO2 in the blood, and there would be little tissue oxygenation, and this would produce more lactic acid because of hypoxic conditions. This becomes a vicious cycle where one is continually lacking in oxygenation and so one is stuck in glycolysis and stuck in low energy and stuck in a state that is conducive to cancer.

To break that cycle, thiamine would help to convert lactate to glucose through the Cori cycle, to begin with. This would allow carbon dioxide to increase, and help with tissue oxygenation, assuming there is no restriction with gas exchange due to respiratory problem, and that one is not taking drugs that unnecessarly increase the ecf acidity such as antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin and even aspirin. And if there is an infection, the infection has to be dealt with as this increases acidity as well.

And then one can take also bicarbonates to increase the bicarbonate buffers in order to alkalanize. But bicarbonate intake is only there to jumpstart, so the body has to begin to produce its own bicarbonates, and it has to then ensure it gets into sugar metabolism back to oxphos mode. So, the right carb intake and plenty of potassium intake would help, as well as b1 and b3 supplementation, and exposure to sunlight for red light and vitamin D. This would help increase cytochrome c oxidase needed in the oxphos.

The right carbohydrate means that if the person isn't insulin-deficient but has unstable blood sugar, he has to take starch that has some fiber in order to slow down his digestion so that sugar ooes assimilate into the blood stream too quickly, but instead flow slowly enough over a much longer period of time, such that the blood sugar does not get too high, causing an insulin response that causes the blood sugar to plummet from the insulin response.

But this gets long-winded if have to expand on it.

PaRa

I feel like I’m a mosquito magnet when I feel my best (high body temperature, high energy etc)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals