Inflammation

Iron Man

I am a male and in my early 40's. I just had some recent blood work done, because I have been feeling lethargic and experiencing sore/swollen ankles for a number of weeks. The lethargy has been going on for some time.

After a number of years trying to sort out inflammation issues, I am still struggling. My latest blood work is showing elevated ALT - 55U/L (this has been continuously elevated for a number of years - 53U/L, 66U/L, 80U/L) and now my CRP is elevated - 10mg/L.

The latest results are also indicating hyperthyroidism - TSH 0.06mIU/L

There are apparently no viruses present, except remnants of CMV which I had 12-13 years ago. The Doctor is referring me to get my feet xrayed as well as a Rheumatologist. Other than that,
My cholesterol is high ( 6.7mmol/L ), my triglycerides is high ( 4.4 mmol/L ) and my testosterone is low
( 10nmol/L )

Inflammation seems to be a continual issue with me and I cannot work out how to beat it. I am resigning myself to the fact that maybe this is just something that I will always have an issue with.

Does anyone know what else to do to at least help limit the effects? I am a huge believer in Curcumin/Tumeric and already take this, but is there anything else that will help?

Thanks!

B

Braveheart

I am a male and in my early 40's. I just had some recent blood work done, because I have been feeling lethargic and experiencing sore/swollen ankles for a number of weeks. The lethargy has been going on for some time.

After a number of years trying to sort out inflammation issues, I am still struggling. My latest blood work is showing elevated ALT - 55U/L (this has been continuously elevated for a number of years - 53U/L, 66U/L, 80U/L) and now my CRP is elevated - 10mg/L.

The latest results are also indicating hyperthyroidism - TSH 0.06mIU/L

There are apparently no viruses present, except remnants of CMV which I had 12-13 years ago. The Doctor is referring me to get my feet xrayed as well as a Rheumatologist. Other than that,
My cholesterol is high ( 6.7mmol/L ), my triglycerides is high ( 4.4 mmol/L ) and my testosterone is low
( 10nmol/L )

Inflammation seems to be a continual issue with me and I cannot work out how to beat it. I am resigning myself to the fact that maybe this is just something that I will always have an issue with.

Does anyone know what else to do to at least help limit the effects? I am a huge believer in Curcumin/Tumeric and already take this, but is there anything else that will help?

Thanks!

pair Boswellia w your Tumeric... research it

T

tca300

High cholesterol and low testosterone would indicate hypo not hyperthyroidism. A low TSH can be caused by many things especially adrenaline, and shouldn't be used by itself to diagnose the thyroid status.

The safest anti-inflammatory things are sugar, aspirin, pregnenolone, DHEA, progesterone, thyroid hormone, lidocaine, testosterone, and food sources of magnesium and calcium.

High cholesterol and low testosterone would indicate hypo not hyperthyroidism. A low TSH can be caused by many things especially adrenaline, and shouldn't be used by itself to diagnose the thyroid status.

The safest anti-inflammatory things are sugar, aspirin, pregnenolone, DHEA, progesterone, thyroid hormone, lidocaine, testosterone, and food sources of magnesium and calcium.

can you post something for how low TSH would indicate adrenaline or low thyroid? i haven't seen anything like that before.

T

tca300

can you post something for how low TSH would indicate adrenaline or low thyroid? i haven't seen anything like that before.

Bold is mine.

" Aging, infection, trauma, prolonged cortisol excess, somatostatin, dopamine or L-dopa, adrenaline (sometimes; Mannisto, et al., 1979), amphetamine, caffeine and fever can lower TSH, apart from the effect of feedback by the thyroid hormones, creating a situation in which TSH can appear normal or low, at the same time that there is a real hypothyroidism." Preventing and treating cancer with progesterone.

Bold is mine.

" Aging, infection, trauma, prolonged cortisol excess, somatostatin, dopamine or L-dopa, adrenaline (sometimes; Mannisto, et al., 1979), amphetamine, caffeine and fever can lower TSH, apart from the effect of feedback by the thyroid hormones, creating a situation in which TSH can appear normal or low, at the same time that there is a real hypothyroidism." Preventing and treating cancer with progesterone.

very interesting, thanks, had no idea that was possible

OP
I

Iron Man

Thanks! I have never had TSH that low. I always thought I was hypothyroid, but the latest test results in the notes refer to me as being possibly hyperthyroid.

OP
I

Iron Man

Does anyone know what the lethargy might be? I am being told by people that they have noticed me just not having the energy any more.
And these sore/swollen ankles have only been a thing for the past 6 or so weeks. Doc keeps thinking it is some form of arthritis?

theLaw

Does anyone know what the lethargy might be? I am being told by people that they have noticed me just not having the energy any more.
And these sore/swollen ankles have only been a thing for the past 6 or so weeks. Doc keeps thinking it is some form of arthritis?

Some thoughts:

1. High iron + pufa causing inflammation - you could try a week of cilantro daily to see if that helps or just donate blood

2. Swollen ankles sounds like high estrogen (i've had this) - keep in mind that excess fat produces estrogen and muscle produces T, so building muscle while losing fat would be best

3. In terms of limiting the effects, when your glycogen stores are depleted, then your stress responses kick-in, so keeping your blood sugar stable would be a necessary first step (Taurine)

Taurine Doubles Liver Glycogen

4. High-dose caffeine might be your best friend given your high-estrogen and past with steroids - also adding K-2 would help clean your liver

Caffeine Is A Potent Anti-estrogen; Can Block Estrogen "receptor" Completely

5. Keep in mind that if you're starving yourself, which seems to be a hobby for many on this forum, then you will continue to produce these stress reactions

6. Hourly doses of milk + sugar + juice + salt as the basic foundation of your diet would probably go a long way toward resolving these issues - it's a pain, but very effective

7. Thyroid is the one sup that I haven't found a comparable food to replace its effects

Cheers!:D

OP
I

Iron Man

Some thoughts:

1. High iron + pufa causing inflammation - you could try a week of cilantro daily to see if that helps or just donate blood

2. Swollen ankles sounds like high estrogen (i've had this) - keep in mind that excess fat produces estrogen and muscle produces T, so building muscle while losing fat would be best

3. In terms of limiting the effects, when your glycogen stores are depleted, then your stress responses kick-in, so keeping your blood sugar stable would be a necessary first step (Taurine)

Taurine Doubles Liver Glycogen

4. High-dose caffeine might be your best friend given your high-estrogen and past with steroids - also adding K-2 would help clean your liver

Caffeine Is A Potent Anti-estrogen; Can Block Estrogen "receptor" Completely

5. Keep in mind that if you're starving yourself, which seems to be a hobby for many on this forum, then you will continue to produce these stress reactions

6. Hourly doses of milk + sugar + juice + salt as the basic foundation of your diet would probably go a long way toward resolving these issues - it's a pain, but very effective

7. Thyroid is the one sup that I haven't found a comparable food to replace its effects

Thanks very much!
I am currently taking 3g of taurine and glycine before bed. I also donate blood and it dropped my high ferritin like a rock.
I have been on K-2 for years.
I am into natural bodybuilding, but haven't done steroids. Loosing stomach fat has become really difficult to do. I am currently on a complete break with diet and weight lifting at the moment to let myself recover, but will shortly be getting back into it.
I think estrogen is an issue for me, but have been taking Idea Labs estroban for a short time to counteract this. Maybe caffeine capsules?
Thanks

theLaw

Thanks very much!
I am currently taking 3g of taurine and glycine before bed. I also donate blood and it dropped my high ferritin like a rock.
I have been on K-2 for years.
I am into natural bodybuilding, but haven't done steroids. Loosing stomach fat has become really difficult to do. I am currently on a complete break with diet and weight lifting at the moment to let myself recover, but will shortly be getting back into it.
I think estrogen is an issue for me, but have been taking Idea Labs estroban for a short time to counteract this. Maybe caffeine capsules?
Thanks

Oops! Sorry about the steroids comment. I was looking through your posts and confused you with someone else. My apologies.

If your digestion is impaired and your T is low, then you might be producing estrogen on a regular basis much more than you think. Giving your gut time to heal without damaging foods can be tricky.

Here's the short list:

1. High-dose caffeine (pills are fine- Bulk Sups from Amazon are cheap and pure)

2. BCAAs to improve digestion

Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion

Shop

3. Taurine every 4hrs with juice to keep blood sugar stable (length between meals/sups will make or break most protocols listed on this forum)

4. Limit starch and other foods that can cause inflammation

5. Eating enough calories (probably more than you think)

6. Estroban is great, but you might be bringing a knife to a gun-fight, so adding several protocols will help you see results faster (also, Haidut has mentioned using 45mg of k-2 per day while cleaning out the liver, so again, the dose is key)

OP
I

Iron Man

Oops! Sorry about the steroids comment. I was looking through your posts and confused you with someone else. My apologies.

If your digestion is impaired and your T is low, then you might be producing estrogen on a regular basis much more than you think. Giving your gut time to heal without damaging foods can be tricky.

Here's the short list:

1. High-dose caffeine (pills are fine- Bulk Sups from Amazon are cheap and pure)

2. BCAAs to improve digestion

Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion

Shop

3. Taurine every 4hrs with juice to keep blood sugar stable (length between meals/sups will make or break most protocols listed on this forum)

4. Limit starch and other foods that can cause inflammation

5. Eating enough calories (probably more than you think)

6. Estroban is great, but you might be bringing a knife to a gun-fight, so adding several protocols will help you see results faster (also, Haidut has mentioned using 45mg of k-2 per day while cleaning out the liver, so again, the dose is key)

Thanks very much.
I never put much credence in BCAA's, but maybe I need to take another look. I have started taking Taurine and Glycine (3g each) before bed. I feel this improves sleep. My bleak outlook lately and my real lack of energy has really hit me. I just want to sleep.

theLaw

Thanks very much.
I never put much credence in BCAA's, but maybe I need to take another look. I have started taking Taurine and Glycine (3g each) before bed. I feel this improves sleep. My bleak outlook lately and my real lack of energy has really hit me. I just want to sleep.

Caffeine above 100mg + juice/sugar every 4hrs can have a significant effect on mood/motivation.

Also, the trick with using BCAAs effectively seems to be taking a complete spectrum of essential amino acids, which I've only seen sold in two products (including the one listed above), which means that most BCAA products will be insufficient.

OP
I

Iron Man

Caffeine above 100mg + juice/sugar every 4hrs can have a significant effect on mood/motivation.

Also, the trick with using BCAAs effectively seems to be taking a complete spectrum of essential amino acids, which I've only seen sold in two products (including the one listed above), which means that most BCAA products will be insufficient.
Thanks again....
I found this article on line and found it interesting. My Doctor is wondering if I have sleep apnea (which I don't think so)
Sleep Apnea, Hyperventilation & Hypothyroidism - East West Healing

OP
I

Iron Man

How many calories are you taking in per day?
I am not really sure... I have been trying to lose belly fat, but my weight loss has halted. At a very rough guess... Maybe 2,000. I need to track it but here is a rough guide on what I eat;
Breakfast - Oats with Greek yogurt, grated apple and rasins. Coffee and OJ. Occasionally, I will have eggs Benedict.
Morning Tea - Coffee and cottage cheese
Lunch - Sandwich or left overs with a piece of fruit and water
Afternoon tea - Tea
Dinner - Could be steak and salad/vegetables, or a pasta meal, or a stir fry, or a stew...
After Dinner - some ice cream (maybe)
Before bed - glass of OJ or milk

Last edited:

theLaw

I am not really sure... I have been trying to lose belly fat, but my weight loss has halted. At a very rough guess... Maybe 2,000. I need to track it but here is a rough guide on what I eat;
Breakfast - Oats with Greek yogurt, grated apple and rasins. Coffee and OJ
Morning Tea - Coffee and cottage cheese
Lunch - Sandwich with a piece of fruit and water
Afternoon tea - Tea
Dinner - Could be steak and salad, or a pasta meal, or a stir fry, or a stew...
After Dinner - some ice cream (maybe)
Before bed - glass of OJ or milk

It might be hard to believe, but it looks like you're starving yourself. 3000+ is a good start (lower fat high-carb is best). I also smell low-carb.

This is one of the biggest hurdles for people adopting Peat's ideas, but even Peat himself has said that the suggestion of milk and oj is to increase healthy calories while lowering stress.

Sandwich might = pufa + iron, and also it appears that you're going 4hrs between meals (you might actually need food as frequently as every hour to mitigate stress at the beginning).

Possible digestive distress from:
Oats
Sandwich
salad
pasta
(starch in general)

Keep in mind that your carb-to-protein ration might need to be as high as 4-1 at the beginning, and no lower than 2-1 if possible.:thumbsup:

OP
I

Iron Man

It might be hard to believe, but it looks like you're starving yourself. 3000+ is a good start (lower fat high-carb is best). I also smell low-carb.

This is one of the biggest hurdles for people adopting Peat's ideas, but even Peat himself has said that the suggestion of milk and oj is to increase healthy calories while lowering stress.

Sandwich might = pufa + iron, and also it appears that you're going 4hrs between meals (you might actually need food as frequently as every hour to mitigate stress at the beginning).

Possible digestive distress from:
Oats
Sandwich
salad
pasta
(starch in general)

Keep in mind that your carb-to-protein ration might need to be as high as 4-1 at the beginning, and no lower than 2-1 if possible.:thumbsup:

Thanks again.
I am fearful of upping the calories. I need to lose some belly fat. I weigh around 215lbs. Most of this is muscle, but the stomach has some fat that I must get rid of. I think I need to lose about 10lbs.
My consumption of bread and pasta is not that often. I probably should not have put sandwich as a daily thing.
Looks like I need to go back to basics on some things. Thanks for taking the time to point me in the right direction. Much appreciated.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals