Fear Of Authoritarianism

dookie

It seems that when I'm "metabolically weak" so to speak, particularly in the high serotonin state, I have a sort of "anxiety" of authoritarian figures, and am more likely to swallow whatever the media, my doctor, etc. tell me. When I'm in a more healthy place, I can sort of reject things (quietly in mind) or even "fight back" (reject a treatment by my doctor, etc). Coffee and cyproheptadine seem to help, lowering the fear and submission to authoritarian figures.

Any experiences with this?

raypeatclips

Yes I have this too, it is probably a pretty common thing and one (of many) reasons why pharmaceutical companies are so successful. I also get benefits from coffee and cyproheptadine as well as tobacco, which I always felt gave me that "fight back" ability, but I don't smoke anymore.

OP
D

dookie

Yes I have this too, it is probably a pretty common thing and one (of many) reasons why pharmaceutical companies are so successful. I also get benefits from coffee and cyproheptadine as well as tobacco, which I always felt gave me that "fight back" ability, but I don't smoke anymore.

Yes tobacco helps me too. What's the reason you have stopped smoking? Do you use nicotine?

raypeatclips

Yes tobacco helps me too. What's the reason you have stopped smoking? Do you use nicotine?

The arguments for the safety of smoking weren't convincing enough for me to continue, although I never experienced anything negative such as the smokers cough, I did use additive free tobacco and roll my own with unbleached papers and cotton filters. I tried a little bit of nicotine gum but didn't notice much, perhaps a little nausea. I've thought about vaporisers but never really got round to getting one. A couple of years ago I really craved cigarettes. When health is better I don't crave them at all. I stopped about 8 months ago because I wasn't convinced about their safety and not considered one since. With this being said I only smoked 1-5 a day, depending on how I felt. If I got the nicotine rush I would stop smoking immediately, even if I'd had one drag.

What are your experiences with smoking?

Luann

It seems that when I'm "metabolically weak" so to speak, particularly in the high serotonin state, I have a sort of "anxiety" of authoritarian figures, and am more likely to swallow whatever the media, my doctor, etc. tell me. When I'm in a more healthy place, I can sort of reject things (quietly in mind) or even "fight back" (reject a treatment by my doctor, etc). Coffee and cyproheptadine seem to help, lowering the fear and submission to authoritarian figures.

Any experiences with this?

fascinating, dookie. has to do with testosterone "quieting" you and teaching you in a more restful sense to trust your intuition. it seems certain hormones provide you with a state of mind that can think outside of the box without confrontation. confrontation is so interesting. if you watch closely in a social setting, only the weakest members ever have to confront each other. a more equipped member will think his way outside of the problem.

Luann

Also, pardon the double post, but you have observed something about authority: that is, it only exists if it has a practical application. if you are living a healthful life, it shows that you have enough control over your life to do what is best for you. Therefore, an authority has no real power in this setting.

OP
D

dookie

@Liubo
Excellent descriptions

@raypeatclips
I smoke 1 cigarette once in a while (not daily), and notice it immediately lowers both anxiety and depression, increasing "will to fight", activates digestion (and flow of digestive juices), and improves sleep and dreams (have light, happy dreams when smoke). I've tried nicotine patches too, but they see a bit too strong. 1 cigarette seems to be enough - I can notice its effects for up to 24 hours

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals