Eating anything causes allergy like symptoms shortly after.

dervmai

progress
So my recent issues have been that I have nasal congestion. I notice eating causes symptoms to worsen shortly after eating...

What could this point to? Low stomach acid? I notice I frequently hiccup or burp after eating.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
It shows a compromised liver. A low toxin and low "vitamin A" diet and lifestyle fixes this.

OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
It shows a compromised liver. A low toxin and low "vitamin A" diet and lifestyle fixes this.
So would you say your philosophies and views on health still align with Ray? There are a couple differences I notice, regarding food mainly. Comparing your diet and the Ray Peat diet, your diet puts a lot of emphasis on soluble fiber. As it soaks the "toxic bile". I agree that vit A can be detrimental in excess based on what I've read, at the same time, it is also important, and not being able to accurately test your levels of vit A, in the liver mainly sucks :( as I'm just unsure as to what to do.

"I struggled with believing vitamin A was truly a toxin because Ray Peat and mainstream science was so adamant that it was clearly needed." So do you now believe that vit A is not important? I can't imagine you think this, nor do I think you view vit A as some sort of toxic vitamin right?? Is it that you think even on a low vit A diet, you still have enough vit A? Or is it that the compormised liver is storing so much vit A that a low vit A diet is needed to flush it all out... and if that's the case, do you eventually change your diet back to something with more vit A?

So the liver starts working as soon as you start digesting right? Interesting, I may have to try this low vit A diet.

AOSJ

Forum Supporter
So my recent issues have been that I have nasal congestion. I notice eating causes symptoms to worsen shortly after eating...

What could this point to? Low stomach acid? I notice I frequently hiccup or burp after eating.
I began to have this issue in 2020 and it got so bad that I went to an allergist - I was constantly clearing my throat and coughing from the crap draining into my throat and it was absolutely worse after eating

I’ve never had a single allergy and he told me my complaints had nothing to do with any food protein allergy (I agreed but was looking to do anything to figure it out)

He suggested I could have reflux of nasopharyngeal junction and suggested loratadine

Did that a couple months with no relief. Called him and he said to try omeprazole

Did that and symptoms were definitely better! After several months the omeprazole began to lose effect.

I began then to go extra hard on reducing PUFA, especially linoleic acid, and also reducing meal size.

I have been off omeprazole for months now and have been using Braggs ACV to help replete HCL acid - congestion and drainage have pretty much disappeared

I admit that my symptoms are always better during winter over the past three years, so we’ll see if anything changes now that spring is nearly here.

Also, are you overweight? I am down 10 pounds since all this likely due to improved diet (much much lower PUFA) and that could be a factor as well (I’ve been overweight most of my life

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals