Doxylamine Succinate - Cognitive Enhancer

DaveFoster

After experimenting with doxylamine succinate to induce sleep (6 mg), I've noticed that my ability to focus has increased tremendously, mostly due to diminsihed anxiety.

Psychiatrists prescribe antihistamines as anti-anxiety alternatives to benzodiazepines or SSRI's, and haidut has mentioned the ability of anticholinergics to improve ADHD symptoms considerably and result in a net lower serotonin. Appetite has also increased with the addition of doxylamine, similar to cyproheptadine.

Last edited:

Drareg

is it better than Cypro in your opinion or too early to tell? Did Peat mention it anywhere?

Bluebell

I've been wondering about trying doxylamine succinate for sleep. Does it work better that Cypro for that, for you?

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

is it better than Cypro in your opinion or too early to tell? Did Peat mention it anywhere?
It's a stronger anthistamine than cypro. It's pretty safe, so I recommend giving it a go.

I've been wondering about trying doxylamine succinate for sleep. Does it work better that Cypro for that, for you?
It did seem to work better, but I still had trouble falling asleep. It's superior to Benadryl IMO, but cypro has a relaxing kind of stimulation, while doxylamine has more pronounced sedation.

any follow up on this @DaveFoster ? You are da man!
I haven't used it since, but it made me feel very good the day after. I'll touch it again, but I have a few antihistamines floating around my system, so I'll wait.

O

Oniyogini

I actually prefer ¼ Doxy- sold as Restamine in Australia, it is banned in the UK, chemist told me reason due to the K Kardashian thing- because it doesn't leave me groggy like Cypro does. My muscles feel pretty relaxed too. We have all three : Doxy, Cypro and DiphenH in the house as I cycle them for different needs. My hubby prefers Cypro, the other two don't seem to make him fall asleep unless he takes a whole Doxy; I use DiphenH for pollen allergy and insect bite inflammation- I swell up from any thing that bites- and Cypro ¼ pill if I don't have to go anywhere the next day. For me Doxy is great for jetlag too.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Apparently doxylamine has a dangerous interaction with methylene blue, so more information conerning it's serotonergic activity is needed.

Mauritio

How about tolerance building? Especially if you take it for sleep issues.
I didnt develop a tolerance . At least not so much that i could feel it. Took 6 mg for 2 weeks . I suspected some liver issues but it could also come from stress that i had at that time ...
Also in my experience with high gut serotonin i dont think its a strong serotonin antagonist ...

TheAnarchist

Forum Supporter
Eastern Pennsylvania (Lehigh Valley Area)
Is doxylamine bad for anhedonia? It seems to have possibly made it worse for me whereas cyproheptadine made it better. I have been using both for sleep but my anhedonia was better with cypro by itself, doxylamine seems to undo a lot of the good. Does this make any logical sense?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals