Can't Stop Gaining Weight

biggirlkisss

60 Pounds Weight Gain

so I lived in a group home for a year and ate their food and gained a lot of weight. Im wondering of good advise for weight loss i love oj and eggs. im wondering if anyone has some ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

sladerunner69

so I lived in a group home for a year and ate their food and gained a lot of weight. Im wondering of good advise for weight loss i love oj and eggs. im wondering if anyone has some ideas?

Just keep doin what your doing. Don't let anybody tell you you're not fabulous. Just be comfortable in being you. There's just more of you to love.

Did this help at all? :borg:

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

i want from 140 to 210 and it just wont stop. im taking cpyro 1mg. eating 6 meals a day. on anti histamine plus ssri to help with sleep.

any ideas would be appropriated.

DaveFoster

@biggirlkisss
Well, cypro is probably beneficial unlike the SSRI. I was using mirtazapine and cypro, so I can definitely relate to the absurd weight gain. Have you tried mirtazapine?

squanch

Cypro will increase your appetite quite a bit.
If you don't track your food, you'll probably eat a lot more than before and gain weight.

I'm sure someone with a really elaborate theory of high estrogen, low CO2 and unbalanced Ca : P ratio will post here soon, but you're probably just overeating because of the increased appetite.

Last edited:

grenade

I've dealt with weight (and fat) gain while trying to fix my messed up metabolism through Peat's ideas.

One thing I experimented with last fall was slashing out fats - even saturated fats.

There are a few posters here, including a banned one named Zachs, who've successfully lost weight by keeping calories high (what'd normally make you gain weight) and replacing all fats with carbs.

With this kind of diet, I was eating no less than 3000 calories per day and not exercising much except for walking, but lost 0.5-1lbs per week. Before, this would make me slowly gain weight, even with vigorous exercise. I've had to cut my calories down as low as 1600 calories to lose bodyfat before ...

Because the body cannot efficiently turn carbs into fat for storage (thus prefers dietary fats for fat storage) and because carbs stimulate the thyroid, a high carb, very-low fat diet is ideal for losing weight while preserving or improving the metabolism.

I ate only fruits and nonfat dairy products (mostly milk) with plenty of sugar, salt, glycine, and coffee. Once a week, I'd have a meal with some fat to absorb ADEK supplements. Starch was impossible to consume without horrible bloating and gas, as fats seem to aid their digestion.

I'll be hopping back on this type of diet in a week or so.

EDIT: I didn't see how much weight you gained. I'd make sure everything health-wise is in order first, then see if your daily caloric intake is high, then decide on what you'd want to do next.

zztr

140# to 210# means you are stuffing your face while sedentary. Why do people on this forum keep trying to pretend weight gain is a complicated subject? 99% of the time it's a simple matter of rather obviously poor choices of sloth and gluttony, not some biochemistry trick.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

ive always been skinny. i was 145 now 1 and half years later im 210. I was using 1500 watts of light and sunlight all day long almost. but now im in apartment and told i cant use the lights so its affecting me. ive removed full fat milk and use calicum egg shell.

zztr

You are eating too much and not moving enough. Take a half hour brisk walk every day without fail. Figure out how many calories you are consuming per day and eat quite a bit less. Probably over a third less, I'm guessing, from the extent to which you've ballooned out.

grenade

You are eating too much and not moving enough. Take a half hour brisk walk every day without fail. Figure out how many calories you are consuming per day and eat quite a bit less. Probably over a third less, I'm guessing, from the extent to which you've ballooned out.

Calories in, calories out seems to be why a number of people screw up their metabolisms and stumble upon Peat when trying to fix themselves. Now, biggirlkiss can be a gluttonous slob for all I know, but I don't think it'd be appropriate for us to assume so and then recommend "eating less and moving more" (which, like I said, seems to be a reason why some of the folks here got themselves into bad health).

Some people on this forum have demonstrated that they can keep their calories "at or above maintenance" (I purposely say this in quotes) and lose weight, given the right situation.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

i stopped that lkie 3 years ago that was making me gain weight even with my lights and sunlight. im try eatting less but its hard i get cravings and if i dont eat a full meal before bedtime im up all night.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals