4-6 Hours Max - Why?

LadyRae

No sweating. Yes on the water retention. I think I’m gaining a little.

Did not have that sick fatigue feeling. No lack of energy. More energy if anything.
Well that's what you're looking for- more energy, less sleep-deprivation malaise...

Water retention could be from extra carbs and sugar and possibly foods that you're not used to digesting...

OP
D

DBCoast

Well that's what you're looking for- more energy, less sleep-deprivation malaise...

Water retention could be from extra carbs and sugar and possibly foods that you're not used to digesting...
Yeah, I’m certain the water retention is from the shug/carbs. Digestion was fine the whole time if not better.

I’m not going to go so heavy with the carbs/shug going forward, but I’m definitely not going to restrict either.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Have you had your thyroid thoroughly checked? This kind of sleeplessness plagued me until I got on thyroid meds. I also became much much more calm all day long.

I have something like Hashimotos. Wheat and stress really aggravated it. My thyroid levels were "good", but my total T4 was low (my free T4 wasn't tested then). Never had antibodies. My Doc didn't give a rats patoot so I suffered for a few years as he said there was nothing he could do. His words were "Your labs make no sense." If it is your thyroid, it will get much worse before doctors will care. Unless you are really informed and proactive.

Now I know that it was high cortisol from low thyroid hormones causing the insomnia and weight gain and emotional reactivity. It totally stopped as soon as I got on meds. It was like night and day. I am sorry you are suffering so much. I hope you find wellness.
Thaz,
Did you start taking t3 or t3/t4?
Paul

peatrespecter

Forum Supporter
For wake-ups I keep honey/ salt or a sugar-salt mix on the bedside table. Then I listen to a semi-interesting podcast (with a timer on so it doesn’t wake me up again later).
In my case the biggest improvements in sleep length, quality (as measured by sleep data as well as subjective feeling) and in reduced night waking have come from improving liver health (I did TUDCA originally, but now I prefer taurine, I find it gentler) and from supplementing thyroid.
I love that you do this. I remember reading that 2 TBSP of honey before bed helps our glycogen and whenever I remember to do it I sleep so well. Have you included anything else?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
My sleep improved immediately when I started using silicone earplugs. No more adrenaline rushes. I sleep about 6 hours then an additional hour. Not perfect but a big improvement.

Getting enough calories in through the day is big for me too.
Peachy,
How did silicone earplugs help?

Peachy

Peachy,
How did silicone earplugs help?

I guess total silence helped me sleep more deeply rather than stirring from little noises. I sleep well now without them but they were helpful for a while.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals