Psychiatry Is Little More Than A Combination Of Cluelessness And Corruption

LUH 3417

I would guess that people with chronic health problems who see psychiatrists probably have a similar experience: try every pill and other treatment they use, maybe get a bit of relief but often at the cost of a bunch of hideous side effects. Once those options have been exhausted you're sent off to a psychologist because it's obviously your attitude or your lack of effort or that argument you had with your mum when you were 15 that's behind all your problems. Either way it becomes somebody's problem.

Probably most of the psychiatrists I have encountered in my life have a dejected and detached look about them and develop a somewhat pejorative view of you if you keep going back to them complaining of a lack of results. They don't want to be reminded of their failure. Same with gastroenterologists. They must be the two most disappointing fields of medicine to get into. Nobody is ever cured, just a bit of temporary relief here and there. After I had ECT the psychiatrist carrying it out was desperate for me to confirm that I'd improved. I've never seen a medical professional so in need of proof that what he was doing was actually working. I guess he was used to a lot of disappointing results.

From what I can gather most psychiatrists have the view that pills they prescribe do something, at least some of them time, and often with a lot of bad effects, but don't really understand why and figure it's better than having to deal with suicides. I feel sorry for them a bit I guess. They've bought their training on good faith that it was the best available practice and all they can do is apply it. Of course there are some really bad ones who just sit back and enjoy the large amount of money they get.

An unfortunate result of criticizing psychiatry's medical models of mental suffering is that another field that is mostly quackery, psychology, fills the void. Largely I suspect because people know it won't cause the harm certain drugs can, even if it doesn't actually solve anything for the patients. What a mess. Hopefully hormone therapy gets more proponents in the coming decades, the safer psychedelics seem promising.
While I agree that psychiatry is a disaster I will say that person oriented therapy is a completely different experience than traditional talk therapy and there are a handful of rogue psychologists working within the field who deny Freudian concepts like transference and even go so far as to say that thinking you know more about the person’s experience is invalidating and harmful. I think the entire point of person oriented therapy seems to be like this is a place where you can talk about how you want to be if society never infringed on you to begin with. That can be therapeutic in and of itself, just to experience emphatic listening from another human being.

Regina

My road to recovery from decades of anxiety with slight to moderate depression started after i got fed up with the doctors and healthcare system and took things into my own hands. The catalyst was when i got referred to a psychiatrist instead of normal doctors, and found out that they are just as or even more clueless. Their approach was that the problem is in your head, they don't know what it is, but it is certainly in your head and can be cured by talking, assisted by "medicine". Turns out in my case it was a calcification issue (closest description i have found: Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis - Wikipedia ) i did not know i had since childhood, which caused autonomic nervous system imbalance. My whole life i existed in a fight-or-flight mode. The resolution started semi-spontaneously after some batches of supplements i ordered after accidentally finding peat's website and especially this forum. The changes have been so drastic i would almost describe it as a second puberty.

It frightens me how something like this is even possible. And how close it was that i would have continued on the same path of depression and anxiety for the rest of my life. I might have been dead by now if i continued within the system since the drugs/treatment they gave me were absolutely horrible even though we had not progressed yet to antipsychotics or ECT.
That's awesome to hear about your recovery.

CLASH

I work as a nurse on a brain injury unit and I have found that constipation can reliably induce or exacerbate combativeness, agitation, sun downing, high blood pressure, blood sugar issues, anxiety, depression etc. Constipation is often an early warning sign to larger problems with some of the sickest comatose patients. I have seen patients get very sick when constipated, then when given an enema or suppository completely decompensate (oxygen saturation decrease, increased respirations, tachycardia and increased blood pressure) only to completely recover once the stool is evacuated. I think this may point to bacterial metabolites such as endotoxin being very directly implicated in many diseases.
Many of these patients have comorbities ranging from diabetes, heart disease, cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, depression, strokes, aneurysms, COPD, arthritis, autoimmune diseases, HIV, Hep C etc. Almost every patient has more than one of the above, and the younger generations actually seem to do worse than the older generations overall. I have worked with people in thier 90s who had strokes and recovered faster, who were stronger, and who had less overall disease than people in thier 40s and 50s.

LUH 3417

I work as a nurse on a brain injury unit and I have found that constipation can reliably induce or exacerbate combativeness, agitation, sun downing, high blood pressure, blood sugar issues, anxiety, depression etc. Constipation is often an early warning sign to larger problems with some of the sickest comatose patients. I have seen patients get very sick when constipated, then when given an enema or suppository completely decompensate (oxygen saturation decrease, increased respirations, tachycardia and increased blood pressure) only to completely recover once the stool is evacuated. I think this may point to bacterial metabolites such as endotoxin being very directly implicated in many diseases.
Many of these patients have comorbities ranging from diabetes, heart disease, cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, depression, strokes, aneurysms, COPD, arthritis, autoimmune diseases, HIV, Hep C etc. Almost every patient has more than one of the above, and the younger generations actually seem to do worse than the older generations overall. I have worked with people in thier 90s who had strokes and recovered faster, who were stronger, and who had less overall disease than people in thier 40s and 50s.
How do you mitigate the side effects of forced vaccination as a registered nurse?

CLASH

@pinacolada
Religious exemption, doesnt seem like it will last for much longer though... I’ll probably have to find another job.

Constatine

Thanks Haidut I always love reading your articles. I don't think I've ever known anyone who have benefited from drugs prescribed by a psychiatrist. Of course people who have benefited exist and in fair numbers but for so many they are randomly given drugs if they happen to use a few key words when describing their symptoms. A child has trouble focusing in school, lets prescribe them the neurotoxic drug adderall during their most crucial years. A grade schooler has anxiety, benzos should help. You can't have anxiety when you feel nothing at all. We're sure our new benzo addict will have all the coping skills necessary when they inevitably have to stop taking the drug. Or better yet they should just take the drug the rest of their lives.
I don't mean to bash the entire field of psychiatry, there are some great psychiatrists out there who are much more conservative with their choices. But there are also many psychiatrists who will prescribe anything to anyone as long as they fill out a checklist.

yerrag

Does this make Ron Hubbard and scientology better than psychiatry? Or perhaps they're competing to be the scum at the bottom?

I've never really understood psychiatry as I've not been exposed to it in the way that it's considered pop culture in the US. My brother had some problem and he had to go see a psychiatrist, but I wasn't aware that he needed to take drugs. In my case, I went to a counselor for some weekly sessions where mostly I talked and she listened, and I guess to me what was healing was just being heard. It made me realize that even with friends, it's hard for people to give you the space to talk about yourself. Everyone has problems of his own, and I end up listening to their woes.

But I am a believer of knowing oneself, of getting to know oneself in order to know what motivates me, and mostly my fears which in itself is a motivator, not just in the positive sense, but in the negative as well.

For me, what has helped a lot is learning about the enneagram, which is a God-focused approach to psychology made popular in the West by Jesuit scholars. Yet this approach originated from the Sufis, a peaceful and mystical sect of Islam.

In short, it's getting to know oneself as defined by one's fears. In getting one to improve or to integrate, one has to know his fears, and knowing that, he must act to face his fears. This overcoming of one's fears is where one develops to be more like God. To give in to one's fears is to disintegrate, and in a deepening cycle of disintegration, one is led to commit suicide as its worst form of expression.

Waynish

I hear often today, "but psychology and analysis is very useful and proven," today... It's like a branch of less specific procedures that are trying to continue in a similar vein...

ken

Speaking of Scientology, Abram Hoffer noted that many of his dual diagnosis patients crazy and alcoholics got better not only in the mental sense but also quit drinking. He told a friend, who is known as Bill W, about it and he spent the last ten years of his life writing about niacin and vitamin C for recovery. Of course Bill W had previously founded AA, the Doctors who now sat on the board of directors of AA thought he was crazy. Their other friend the science fiction writer L Ron Hubbard eventually rolled out a network of treatment centers featuring saunas and niacin, vitamin C and a dose of Scientology lessons. They still exist, generally under the name Narconon. Its a good way to get your hands on serious cash from the patients to buy real estate. As a by product, as many people get better as any where else.

Last edited:

ken

As a fun factoid. Ray seems to have come out of the same matrix of thought writing papers early on in the Orthomolecular Journal. America's favorite atheist Madalyn Murray O'Hair, seems to have ended up taking sanctuary at Ray's Blake College in the sixties in Mexico. When he left to get a teaching job back in the states, she staged a coup and called in the Mexican police. All the bags of white powder proved to be niacin. It was after this that he went to graduate school in biology. This is from a trashy biography, Ungodly about Madalyn's murder some years later.

mangoes

Turns out in my case it was a calcification issue (closest description i have found: Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis - Wikipedia ) i did not know i had since childhood, which caused autonomic nervous system imbalance. My whole life i existed in a fight-or-flight mode. The resolution started semi-spontaneously after some batches of supplements i ordered after accidentally finding peat's website and especially this forum. The changes have been so drastic i would almost describe it as a second puberty.

How did you find out you have a calcification issue? & second puberty how?

LUH 3417

Does this make Ron Hubbard and scientology better than psychiatry? Or perhaps they're competing to be the scum at the bottom?

I've never really understood psychiatry as I've not been exposed to it in the way that it's considered pop culture in the US. My brother had some problem and he had to go see a psychiatrist, but I wasn't aware that he needed to take drugs. In my case, I went to a counselor for some weekly sessions where mostly I talked and she listened, and I guess to me what was healing was just being heard. It made me realize that even with friends, it's hard for people to give you the space to talk about yourself. Everyone has problems of his own, and I end up listening to their woes.

But I am a believer of knowing oneself, of getting to know oneself in order to know what motivates me, and mostly my fears which in itself is a motivator, not just in the positive sense, but in the negative as well.

For me, what has helped a lot is learning about the enneagram, which is a God-focused approach to psychology made popular in the West by Jesuit scholars. Yet this approach originated from the Sufis, a peaceful and mystical sect of Islam.

In short, it's getting to know oneself as defined by one's fears. In getting one to improve or to integrate, one has to know his fears, and knowing that, he must act to face his fears. This overcoming of one's fears is where one develops to be more like God. To give in to one's fears is to disintegrate, and in a deepening cycle of disintegration, one is led to commit suicide as its worst form of expression.
Know thyself (said Socrates) is the axiom of western philosophy. Know thy body, well...that’s a little more difficult considering the repulsion with which established authority has viewed desire and bodily processes for thousands of years.

Mossy

Know thyself (said Socrates) is the axiom of western philosophy. Know thy body, well...that’s a little more difficult considering the repulsion with which established authority has viewed desire and bodily processes for thousands of years.
Repulsion to bodily processes, for many people and cultures, is rooted in common decency, in my opinion. Should all my bodily functions be public knowledge and expressed without limit, discretion or decency?

LUH 3417

Repulsion to bodily processes, for many people and cultures, is rooted in common decency, in my opinion. Should all my bodily functions be public knowledge and expressed without limit, discretion or decency?
Not talking about how much money you make is also common decency. Doesn’t mean anything really except reflecting the culture and what parts of it would be too destabilizing if freely spoken about.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals