Serotonin Antagonists

M

member 6316

Meds that block most serotonin receptors?

excluding: Cyproheptadine,Metergoline and Antipsychotic Meds.
Right now im looking at Mianserin and Mirtazapine.
Mianserin seems to be better. What do you guys think? Are there any other good serotonin antagonists?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

member 6316

What has worked for you so far?
just zyprexa but thats why I wanna change I dont wanna block Dopamine too just serotonin receptors. Can someone explain why Seroquel didnt work for me? It blocks serotonin receptors but didnt work... Is it not potent enough?

(edit) OH MY BAD. You were asking the other person . just ignore this reply.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luckytype

just zyprexa but thats why I wanna change I dont wanna block Dopamine too just serotonin receptors. Can someone explain why Seroquel didnt work for me? It blocks serotonin receptors but didnt work... Is it not potent enough?

(edit) OH MY BAD. You were asking the other person . just ignore this reply.
All good, your info is good data too.

Are you certain its serotonin youre going after?

OP
M

member 6316

All good, your info is good data too.

Are you certain its serotonin youre going after?
definitely from all the trial and error I am very sure its serotonin in excess. Just trying to find a better option than Zyprexa to block serotonin receptors hence this thread either mianserin or mirtazapine or other , Mianserin is winning .

griesburner

Are all this substances easy to get where you live? Here in germany you need prescription for all things and trying ro convince doctors to prescribe something is very difficult cause they often dont know about these meds.

Another question about serotonin:
high serotonin symptoms are diarrhea and migranes. But if someone never experience headaches and is constipated, does that mean serotonin isnt the problem?

OP
M

member 6316

How much were you taking? I think it has different actions based on dose.
probably.. I started at 50mg then 100mg and jumped to 800mg.. I felt it was better on lower doses.. do you know why?

OP
M

member 6316

Are all this substances easy to get where you live? Here in germany you need prescription for all things and trying ro convince doctors to prescribe something is very difficult cause they often dont know about these meds.

Another question about serotonin:
high serotonin symptoms are diarrhea and migranes. But if someone never experience headaches and is constipated, does that mean serotonin isnt the problem?
You can have high serotonin in the brain but low serotonin in the body(I know the brain is in the body but I dont know how else to word i) and vice versa. I have low serotonin in my body but High in the brain from my observations.

Mianserin and Mirtazapine should be pretty common In Europe... I think its a realitive easy med to get from doctors .

Memento

At very low doses, quetiapine acts primarily as a histamine receptor blocker (antihistamine) and α1-adrenergic blocker. When the dose is increased, quetiapine activates the adrenergic system and binds strongly to serotonin receptors and autoreceptors. At high doses, quetiapine starts blocking significant amounts of dopamine receptors.

Thats from wikipedia, I don't have any personal experiences with the drug. I'd suspect higher doses with dopamine blocking activity might not feel good at all.

ddjd

You can have high serotonin in the brain but low serotonin in the body(I know the brain is in the body but I dont know how else to word i) and vice versa. I have low serotonin in my body but High in the brain from my observations.

Mianserin and Mirtazapine should be pretty common In Europe... I think its a realitive easy med to get from doctors .

I'm in Germany too. From UK. You can't get mianserin in either country.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals