Thoughts on Maple Sugar

mostlylurking

I find that reading the negative comments for the product on Amazon can be helpful.

I like organic maple syrup though and use it daily instead of white table sugar. I think that it's a better source for things like manganese.

Vileplume

I love maple syrup: It has a nice caramel taste, some nutrients, it feels more natural compared to sugar, and stirs easily into milk.

Once I emailed Peat about my diet, listing maple syrup, and he said that maple syrup could be allergenic for some people because it gets its brown tint from a maillard (burning) reaction. The slight burning could introduce some toxins. Just something to keep in mind.

Nomane Euger

My experience is about maple syrup,I don’t know the exact difference between the sugar and the syrup,for the syrup,it can make me feel good short term,but it give me bad dreams,suboptimal food,would advice to get your minerals in others foods

AlaskaJono

Maple sugar is super sweet, as in WOW...but tasteeeeee! . I spent a few years only in the NE US and wow, that stuff is SO concentrated and delish. Lotsa folks where I was (rural) still do their own boiling down of the Sap to make syrup. I wouldn't use it to substitue for sugar, but you can add it to yogurt/homemade ice cream etc.. . Why wait, try it and see if it agrees with you. Goes great with Buckwheat/BlueCorn/Rye flour waffles. With Butta....mmmm.

Dr. B

I love maple syrup: It has a nice caramel taste, some nutrients, it feels more natural compared to sugar, and stirs easily into milk.

Once I emailed Peat about my diet, listing maple syrup, and he said that maple syrup could be allergenic for some people because it gets its brown tint from a maillard (burning) reaction. The slight burning could introduce some toxins. Just something to keep in mind.
i thought he said even the syrup has toxins, especially the grade b syrup or something which i think is considered raw maple syrup?

Vileplume

He did day maple syrup has toxins.
I didn't know that! In the email to me he just said the toxins were from the maillard reaction of burning the maple syrup. I didn't know that even the raw maple syrup had toxins in itself.

I didn't know that! In the email to me he just said the toxins were from the maillard reaction of burning the maple syrup. I didn't know that even the raw maple syrup had toxins in itself.
I only use a teaspoon of the sugar in place of vanilla sometimes, which isn't gonna hurt anybody too much,and I do use maple syrup on my masa pancake, but I use A-grade maple syrup now instead of B-grade, which is less filtered, with more nutrients, but more toxins too. Raw syrup is safest.

Dr. B

I only use a teaspoon of the sugar in place of vanilla sometimes, which isn't gonna hurt anybody too much,and I do use maple syrup on my masa pancake, but I use A-grade maple syrup now instead of B-grade, which is less filtered, with more nutrients, but more toxins too. Raw syrup is safest.
A and B is not related to the rawness?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom