Lower EMF routers

Judd Crane

I'm about to buy a new WiFi router and was wondering if someone has a suggestion for a budget friendly router with relative low RF/microwave emissions.

Nick

A router with no wifi and an ethernet cable is the only way to go if health is the highest priority. There are adapters for devices that have no ethernet port.

wzuo

What you can do is to lower signal strength if wifi is really must have for you.

PopSocket

Set the beacon interval in the settings to 1second(1000ms) instead of 100ms which is normally the default. It will send out signals to devices as a metronome instead of blasting 10 times per second. Thats the most important if you want to use wifi.

And of course distance - keep it in a room that you don't go to. If that is not possible - put it in a box and put 1 layer of tin foil around.

Don

Most routers(maybe all) you can turn the wifi on or off by logging into it online. Try to use the ethernet cable most of the time and then turn the wifi on when needed. Might be an option

pondering

Don't suppose anyone knows if there are routers or modem/routers that allow one to turn the wifi off manually (via button or switch), while leaving the internet ethernet connection on? I'm hoping to sidestep logging into anything to turn the WiFi off.

OP
Judd Crane

Judd Crane

Don't suppose anyone knows if there are routers or modem/routers that allow one to turn the wifi off manually (via button or switch), while leaving the internet ethernet connection on? I'm hoping to sidestep logging into anything to turn the WiFi off.
I think on most routers you can either turn off the wifi on a button on the unit or in the system interface.

pondering

I think on most routers you can either turn off the wifi on a button on the unit or in the system interface.
Ok, thanks! Time to go shopping. The one I have right now has to be turned totally off to turn wifi off. And I’ve discovered I feel so much better with Wi-Fi off

EvanHinkle

These are expensive, but they only pulse once in the time typical ones pulse 10 times, and it has a standby mode where if no one is actively using the network the Wi-Fi simply turns off. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in on whether these are things that can be managed in the settings of a typical router, but this is the one I’m looking at:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
These are expensive, but they only pulse once in the time typical ones pulse 10 times, and it has a standby mode where if no one is actively using the network the Wi-Fi simply turns off. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in on whether these are things that can be managed in the settings of a typical router, but this is the one I’m looking at:

This is the best router available but with the correct EMF mitigation products EMF is not even a concern anymore.

pondering

Thanks so much for that recommendation!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals