Samya

Nothing can prepare you, it breaks you open when someone you love so much seems to be gone.

Honestly, a part of me is incredibly sad for selfish reasons - that I will never have that excitement of a new Ray Peat interview or article, and that I didn't get any advice on my own health issue from the man himself as I don't think he had an answer at the time, so I'm still lost, but it's somehow OK.

At the same time I often feel closer to people when their body is no longer 'alive', while I will miss hearing Ray's wisdom anew, deep down I feel closer to his spirit then ever. As corny as it sounds when I think of him I can see his smile in my heart. What I loved so much about Ray wasn't merely the entertainment of his vast knowledge but his endearing palpable humility, his genuine love of truth. Words can't express love but that's all we have on a forum, we love you so much Ray Peat. I'm sure you are now more aware of that than ever.

OP
Peatful

Peatful

orpheus

Dr Peat won’t live forever.
I have to accept this fact.

For the last seven years he has restored my life.
I know his work, his mind, his life have done the same for you.

My question is:
Where do I (we) go from here?

Never will we meet a mind or soul such as his.

Where, or to whom, do you direct me to go?

Anyone inspire you?
Teach you.
Relatable?

Tom Sowell is my second go to guy- but he is 89 years old.
I think Peat would advocate that you go to yourself, as others have said. Trust yourself, follow your curiosity, and seek truth through experience. It's conflicting given Peat's stance on the digital and the wealth of information at our fingertips on it. That being said we do have an endless wealth of information, from Peat himself and the world at large to pore over and learn from. The thing I will miss the most aside from Ray's fountain of biological knowledge is his understanding of world events and his reasoning behind the beliefs he has regarding them. I'm honestly afraid of what the future will bring on that front, but, invariably, without having found Peat and this community I would not be as prepared and non-fearful as I find myself today.

One thing I feel Peat would want us to do is to attempt to rebuild the communities we exist in and restore our neighbors knowledge to what can be proven true, and that aside to simply be kind when times get hard. Many have their ears closed due to a lifetime of stress or a fear of reality, but if skeptical people aren't shared the knowledge Peat has given us in a friendly way then we're likely holding ourselves back.

I don't really know what else to say, the community here and on twitter is very strong and it seems to only be growing in popularity. So long as we can collectively prevent what we know from being undermined or twisted I believe we will prevail. May Raymond Rest In Peace and his life's work, art, and philosophy live on.

rawmeat

I think Peat would advocate that you go to yourself, as others have said. Trust yourself, follow your curiosity, and seek truth through experience. It's conflicting given Peat's stance on the digital and the wealth of information at our fingertips on it. That being said we do have an endless wealth of information, from Peat himself and the world at large to pore over and learn from. The thing I will miss the most aside from Ray's fountain of biological knowledge is his understanding of world events and his reasoning behind the beliefs he has regarding them. I'm honestly afraid of what the future will bring on that front, but, invariably, without having found Peat and this community I would not be as prepared and non-fearful as I find myself today.

One thing I feel Peat would want us to do is to attempt to rebuild the communities we exist in and restore our neighbors knowledge to what can be proven true, and that aside to simply be kind when times get hard. Many have their ears closed due to a lifetime of stress or a fear of reality, but if skeptical people aren't shared the knowledge Peat has given us in a friendly way then we're likely holding ourselves back.

I don't really know what else to say, the community here and on twitter is very strong and it seems to only be growing in popularity. So long as we can collectively prevent what we know from being undermined or twisted I believe we will prevail. May Raymond Rest In Peace and his life's work, art, and philosophy live on.
Bolded. Thanks Orpheus. Rest in paradise Ray.

Birdie

Sending love to the community during this incredibly sad time which no one expected to happen just yet.
That's right. I've read this thread before but couldn't bring myself to comment. Then, when he cut back on his newsletters, I think we hoped he was just going slower in his old age..

YourUniverse

I posted this in another thread - how can someone even being to attempt to carry Ray's torch? He seemed to know literally everything that was available in print, in any language, and piece it all together coherently

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I posted this in another thread - how can someone even being to attempt to carry Ray's torch? He seemed to know literally everything that was available in print, in any language, and piece it all together coherently
He was one in a billion, beyond compare. All we can do is collectively do our small part in his memory.

Atman

There were many highly intelligent, young people interested in Ray's work in the 2010s and onwards. His work is like a magnet and the point of no return in terms of knowledge dispersal has been reached in my opinion. There will be people building on top of him and there will be families who will use his knowledge to give birth to more intelligent babies. There is no going back. Those who ignore his wisdom knowingly or unknowingly will be left behind in the future.

T

tca300

There doesn't need to be a single torch. 1000's have and can carry their own torch lit by him. Our torches may not shine nearly as bright, but together... well you get the point.

Z

Zsazsa

I will replicate here the heading of the forum, I found it very moving, it made feel more connected with the loved ones I lost in my life.

tca300: I understand this is off topic from what you typically teach, but I was wondering if you have run across any information or learned on your own, things that help people grieve over lost loved ones, and or fear of losing others to death? Thank you!

Ray Peat: It activates the “helplessness” reactions in the body, stress weakening your own life, and I think it can help to get out of that if you think of your life as a continuation of theirs—the same life, though with fewer bodies.

Rest in Paradise, Raymond Peat October 12, 1936 - November 24 2022

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals