Kempner Rice Diet

OP
ecstatichamster
Thanks @ecstatichamster for posting this. I didn't know Walter Kempner at all before. Very interesting.

it is my pleasure -- I'm reading a biography of Kempner now and he is a fascinating doctor. Don't forget he studied and formulated many of his ideas working for Otto Warburg.

gabys225

it is my pleasure -- I'm reading a biography of Kempner now and he is a fascinating doctor. Don't forget he studied and formulated many of his ideas working for Otto Warburg.
You might like enjoy this interview with Dr. D.E. Grim, a leading expert on hypertension:

View: https://www.youtube.com/live/ip5VndIFqdY?si=Qx00u69QYxzrC-M-

He has another video on Chef AJ's channel with Dr. McDougall and they discuss Kempner and his research in depth too.

On interesting anecdote that stood out to me is that when patients arrived with cardiomegaly (enlarged hearts) if they were very severe Dr. Kempner had them water fast and the heart would shrink within a few days. Fascinating stuff.

The big takeaway is use less salt gradually, and beware of going too low sodium. Everyone must respect their biochemical individuality.

LizRey86

I wonder if anyone has attempted a “Peaty” version of this diet, basically just add nonfat milk, liver and you’re there. When I drop fats really low, recently I have experimented with this, I start to lose my spare tire that Ive carried my whole life. But I couldn’t stick with it long term, maybe Ill try it again but will milk and liver.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@gabys225, thanks for the video. I haven’t watched it yet but I’m really loving chef AJ lately.

gabys225

@gabys225, thanks for the video. I haven’t watched it yet but I’m really loving chef AJ lately.
You're welcome Blossom. She has lots of great guests on, and when you start to watch a few of his videos, Dr. McDougall is tremendously insightful, one of the good docs that likes research that's more than 50 years old :)

Blossom

Forum Supporter
This lady had kidney failure due to Lupus. She got off dialysis, her kidneys regenerated and she was removed from the kidney transplant list after going on a low sodium diet (500-1,000mg). The story is more detailed in the introduction section of her cook book but she gives a brief version of her recovery on her website which also has a lot good recipes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals