Anyone Folllowing A Higher Fat Diet?

slayers

any peat high fat diets here? typically high fat as in over 45-50% calories from fat?

pboy

I was for a while when trying to gain weight during last winter, and likely about to do so as well...I woke up this morning freezing my balls off...luckily they survived. I' think 35% or so is good long term, but 50% + is probably only good if trying to gain weight...though of course an energy surplus must also play a part. If you ate high fat without energy surplus you probably just wouldn't feel optimal. I don't feel quite as energized on very high fat, no side effects, just not as energized as with a good amount of brain fuel in there too

NooMoahk

I tend to eat higher fat because I eat lower protein.

pboy said:
I was for a while when trying to gain weight during last winter, and likely about to do so as well...I woke up this morning freezing my balls off...luckily they survived. I' think 35% or so is good long term, but 50% + is probably only good if trying to gain weight...though of course an energy surplus must also play a part. If you ate high fat without energy surplus you probably just wouldn't feel optimal. I don't feel quite as energized on very high fat, no side effects, just not as energized as with a good amount of brain fuel in there too

I have had the same experience, especially when drinking coffee. The high fat meals just don't bring my blood sugar up enough for my liking but I get no symptoms that I can see beyond that. I do notice an improvement in cognition with more coconut oil as opposed to more beef tallow, cream, egg yolks, etc. This is the main reason I eat less ice cream now but unfortunately I lose weight when I eat less fat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals