Am I Reading Ray Peat Correctly, Collagen Buildup Causes Aging Sking?

skincareman

In this article The Cancer Matrix
He wrote,

"Plastic surgeons have promoted the idea of injecting collagen into tissues with the argument that they are "replacing collagen lost with aging," but in fact collagen accumulates with aging. It is the greater compactness and stiffness of collagen in old skin that produces noticeable changes such as wrinkling."

I don't know if I'm missing something or he is saying that collagen increases as we age? So doing things that increase collagen like using Retin-A and chemical peels will actually increase aging?

Ecto

From that specific quote, I don't think he's saying that collagen increases. It seems like he's saying collagen groups together and becomes stiff instead of being spread out and elastic. He's saying the properties of our collagen changes as we age.

baccheion

There's increased crosslinking, one thing leading to an absence of sufficient autophagy (which stimulates renewal). Denatured collagen then accumulates with age in place of youthful/renewed usable collagen.

Another reason I think (truly pastured organic) raw egg yolk is the only food to be eaten, along with vitamin C and sodium/potassium/magnesium water. Wrapping with a fasting window and/or occasional longer fasts smooth out other issues.

3-4 dozen..

GAF

https://www.amazon.com/Julian-Baker...17709&sprefix=organic+egg+yolk,aps,223&sr=8-3

Julian Bakery KetoThin Protein Powder | Egg Yolk | USDA Organic | 12g Protein | 2 LBS | 30 Servings
by Julian Bakery
14 ratings

Price: $44.99 ($1.41 / Ounce) & FREE Shipping
  • USDA Organic Keto Thin Powder Is Soy Free (Yolk + Small Amount Of Organic +Organic Egg Whites) From USA Farms (30 Servings Total)
  • Unflavored - Instantly Mixes In Water (GMO Free) (2 Lbs) Keto Compliant (Perfect Balance Fat & Protein)
  • 15g Organic Egg Yolk Fat + 12g Egg White Protein Per Scoop (1 Carb) (Complete Protein) (Ideal For Lean Muscles)

baccheion,

Will this work? It has Egg Whites also, so its really just the whole egg. How many servings of this a day would I need to eat and still remain alive? There are other options on amazon for dehydrated whole eggs that might be cheaper. I am not sure I could convince my GF to crack 4 dozen real eggs a day and sort out the yolk. I could try though. Let me know. I am serious.

In this brave new enslaved world, I need to become a lean mean fighting machine to survive and protect my grandchildren.

baccheion

https://www.amazon.com/Julian-Bakery-KetoThin-Organic-Servings/dp/B0719FFTVR/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2O4S5QG41MFM9&dchild=1&keywords=egg+yolk+powder+organic&qid=1587417709&sprefix=organic+egg+yolk,aps,223&sr=8-3

Julian Bakery KetoThin Protein Powder | Egg Yolk | USDA Organic | 12g Protein | 2 LBS | 30 Servings
by Julian Bakery
14 ratings

Price: $44.99 ($1.41 / Ounce) & FREE Shipping
  • USDA Organic Keto Thin Powder Is Soy Free (Yolk + Small Amount Of Organic +Organic Egg Whites) From USA Farms (30 Servings Total)
  • Unflavored - Instantly Mixes In Water (GMO Free) (2 Lbs) Keto Compliant (Perfect Balance Fat & Protein)
  • 15g Organic Egg Yolk Fat + 12g Egg White Protein Per Scoop (1 Carb) (Complete Protein) (Ideal For Lean Muscles)

baccheion,

Will this work? It has Egg Whites also, so its really just the whole egg. How many servings of this a day would I need to eat and still remain alive? There are other options on amazon for dehydrated whole eggs that might be cheaper. I am not sure I could convince my GF to crack 4 dozen real eggs a day and sort out the yolk. I could try though. Let me know. I am serious.

In this brave new enslaved world, I need to become a lean mean fighting machine to survive and protect my grandchildren.
WTF? I thought you were referring to vitamin C powder.

There's a reason I added raw, truly pastured, and organic (soy- and corn-free feed): eggs have to be good quality, fresh, and not oxidized/rancidified. They'd then be washed and prepared to further minimize salmonella/infection risk.

Makes sense, as they are all that would be eaten. Anything else and maybe stick with skim milk, orange juice and/or potatoes, and a handful of quality raw egg yolks and/or coconut oil.

There's probably a system/machine that would make the process more efficient.

Aside: I'm currently considering 1 gallon skim milk, 12 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate, 4 tbsp coconut oil, and Naturelo's female multivitamin (I'm male, but it has iron as the only difference compared to the regular one). Nothing else. Works out nicely to 1 gallon liquid at 4 cups 4x/day every 3-4 hours.

Alternative: 2 liters 100% grass-fed organic UHT whole milk, 12 ounces (or more) frozen orange juice concentrate, 30 grams Great Lakes gelatin, 1 tsp Redmond salt, and the Naturelo multivitamin.

Last edited:
OP
S

skincareman

There's increased crosslinking, one thing leading to an absence of sufficient autophagy (which stimulates renewal). Denatured collagen then accumulates with age in place of youthful/renewed usable collagen.

Another reason I think (truly pastured organic) raw egg yolk is the only food to be eaten, along with vitamin C and sodium/potassium/magnesium water. Wrapping with a fasting window and/or occasional longer fasts smooth out other issues.

3-4 dozen..

Thanks for the answer, so then how do we prevent denatured collagen from accumulating other than with food which I am already working on fixing? Are chemical peels good for this? I'm asking because I recently did a TCA chemical peel and started to wonder if I am doing more damage than good.

baccheion

Thanks for the answer, so then how do we prevent denatured collagen from accumulating other than with food which I am already working on fixing? Are chemical peels good for this? I'm asking because I recently did a TCA chemical peel and started to wonder if I am doing more damage than good.
Methylation cycle. Look up role of vitamin B6 in preventing poor crosslinking. There's also B9, choline, etc.

Efficient cycling of mTOR and AMPK also matter. Same with maintaining mTOR sensitivity. Less insulin resistance and catabolic actions obviously. Vitamin D (+ K2 MK-4; also, MK-7). Magnesium. Melatonin and DHEA at level of a 25 year old. Maybe ZMA before bed to further improve sleep quality (avoid excess zinc).

Look at the nutrients in raw egg yolks and how they work together. Egg yolks very much favor hair, skin, and nails. Especially so due to "excess" nutrients for the development of feathers.

There's also MSM/methionine/sulfur.

Last edited:

3-4 dozen..
Are you saying eat 3 to 4 dozen egg yolks a day?!!

There's a reason I added raw, truly pastured, and organic (soy- and corn-free feed): eggs have to be good quality, fresh, and not oxidized/rancidified. They'd then be washed and prepared to further minimize salmonella/infection risk.
I rub my eggs down with refined coconut oil, once I get them home. It not only extends the life of the eggs, by weeks, it kills bacteria on the eggs..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals