Brain Fog And FATIGUE

iLoveSugar

Severe brain fog and fatigue, that has my nerves a wreck.

Is this worth trying?

Energin from Haidut:

Thiamine HCL (Vit. B1): 50 mg
Riboflavin 5' Phosphate (Vit. B2): 20 mg
Niacinamide (Vit. B3): 100 mg
Pyrodoxine 5' Phosphate (Vit. B6): 6 mg

Nina

Hi!
I'm currently taking a complex-B liquid (topically). Initially, I started taking it to help my skin (eczema), but It has brought me more mental clarity, better response to stress (I couldn't handle any stress), and I'm in a much better mood. (it's helping the skin as well!). I've been taking it only for 5 days.

I'd definitely give it a try. Some people need more B vitamins than the recommended amount.

I take it topically because I read here that coffee can interfere with absorption, but I might be wrong. Peat seems to be in favor of topical supplementation in general.

Also, if you are tired or even exhausted, could you manage to take a few days off and really rest? I seems an obvious suggestion, but resting is not very popular in general. It can be necessary.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Hi there,

So your recommending the Energin complex that I wrote about above? How do you apply it topically?

Also, the resting is an option, the problem is-- I already rest about 22 hours a day. I literally live in bed due to such debiliating symptoms.

Tarmander

man ilovesugar that is rough. I feel for you. Do you have an outline of your lifestyle that you could give us? Food eaten? Calories? Do you live under power lines or anything crazy like that? Close to a nuclear facility?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Taramander:

Roughly 3,000 per day.

Daily: Roughly 100-120 g protein from Daisy cottage cheese, strained and rinsed. Juice from cooked strawberries, blueberries and cherries. 2 tbsp coconut oil. 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream with only sugar, milk and cream. 1-3 tsp salt. Either coke or pepsi with real sugar. 1-2 c of coffee with lots of sugar and milk.

1-3x weekly: Bamboo shoots, carrot salad, oysters and liver. Also muscle meat roughly once a week. Also, my bowels don't work at all unless I have some starch, so usually chips 1-2x per week.

I tried and get out and play some ball when possible, but only way possible is heavily sedated under benzos. I know it's not my living conditions because I have lived in many houses since becoming ill. I even dramatically changed my life and moved to Colorado purely for the co2 effect, and lived about 8,000 feet up. I have since moved back to PA, and feel worse than ever.

jyb

And were you also bedridden and taking benzos before you started your diet? It is a pretty specific diet, not sure if I'd do well on it personally. I can't imagine the pain of 120g of cheese protein if as you say your bowels don't work.

Nina

iLoveSugar said:
post 99553 So your recommending the Energin complex that I wrote about above? How do you apply it topically?

I am not taking Energin myself simply because I found it quicker to buy a liquid B-complex at the local store. I'm open to the idea of ordering it next. I'm taking something similar to this.
What's easier for you? ordering the thing online? or dropping by the health store?
Don't do the perfect thing, do the doable/easiest thing for now.

I just apply it daily on my lower legs and feet before lying down for an hour or two. I remove most of it after. It's probably not the ideal way, but let's forget about ideal. It works, for me at least.

Also, since you already rest, I'd try daily "training" sessions at lumosity.com
For brain fog. It's kind of fun if you like puzzles and games. It works as long as you do it regularly. I think you can keep a free account for a long while.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
I

iLoveSugar

jyb said:
post 99571 And were you also bedridden and taking benzos before you started your diet? It is a pretty specific diet, not sure if I'd do well on it personally. I can't imagine the pain of 120g of cheese protein if as you say your bowels don't work.

No, I have been really ill for a couple years now, and just getting worse. I have only been on benzos for a short time, 2 months at most. And even with that, I only take them on situations where I leave the house, maybe 2x per week. Otherwise, I can't leave at all.

Im eating all this cottage cheese because I am trying to protein. Even without any dairy, my bowels remain the same. Ever since cutting gluten and starches out of my diet 10 years ago, bowels went from all the time, to having a tough time going.

jyb

iLoveSugar said:
post 99575
jyb said:
post 99571 And were you also bedridden and taking benzos before you started your diet? It is a pretty specific diet, not sure if I'd do well on it personally. I can't imagine the pain of 120g of cheese protein if as you say your bowels don't work.

No, I have been really ill for a couple years now, and just getting worse. I have only been on benzos for a short time, 2 months at most. And even with that, I only take them on situations where I leave the house, maybe 2x per week. Otherwise, I can't leave at all.

Im eating all this cottage cheese because I am trying to protein. Even without any dairy, my bowels remain the same. Ever since cutting gluten and starches out of my diet 10 years ago, bowels went from all the time, to having a tough time going.

If you're getting worse (benzos and worse bowels), why are you doing this diet with 120g of cheese protein and drinking pepsi? I also have been sick on various diets but I think 2 years experiments with a diet is more than enough to judge whether it has been useful or not, and move on to a better one if it has failed.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Because at THIS point, I see no point in continuing to change from diet to diet. All that has done has gotten me worse. Trust me, I have tried about 233 other diet recommendations besides this.

I'm really wondering if what is going on in something BESIDES diet.

Peata

Does anything sound good to eat? If you could think of something you would love to eat, anything -Peaty or not, what would it be?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Honestly, everything NON Peat. Bread, waffles, Pizza, fries, sandwiches, cereal, etc. Basically what I grew up on. The problem is, I have severe ulcerative colitis, so if I eat anything even the least bit offensive, I end up in the hospital with severe pain and bleeding.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

That's how I got into the world of good eating and health. I used to bleed and be in the hospital so much, that 10 years ago I took it into my own hands, and started eating better, first SCD, then GAPS, then Peat. My stomach had a lot less pain, but my cognitive function and nerves rapidly declined.

Tarmander

I am not sure how much this will help or not. Seems you are eating a good amount of calories. Sometimes when I am feeling shitty, tired, and unable to sleep, I have to move back on the sugar and caffeine. I know these are very peaty substances, but maybe temporarily easing back on the coke and the coffee could be something to try for a month or so.

I know we are all about raising our metabolisms here, but trying to raise your metabolism from a place of exhaustion just feels so ruinous. Like I have stayed up all night, haven't sleep for 2 days, but yeah lets go gang busters with this metabolic booster? ehhh, it has not worked out well for me personally.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I actually just recently put coffee back into my diet after laying off it for about a year.

nullredvector

iLoveSugar said:
post 99589 Because at THIS point, I see no point in continuing to change from diet to diet. All that has done has gotten me worse. Trust me, I have tried about 233 other diet recommendations besides this.
have you tried antibiotics?

PeatMonster

If cottage cheese is your main protein source, you could be low in calcium. PA has good milk around imo, and raw milk is common there.

My theory regarding digestive issues is that a lot of people challenge the digestive system with too many different kinds of foods from doing lots of different diets. I think the digestive system is best suited to handling more or less the same thing with minor variations. So I would try to basically stick with what you're doing unless there is something identifiably wrong with it.

DrJ

What is your temperature? I find my mental acuity is strongly correlated to temperature. If I'm in the low 95.x F range as when I first started Peat-ing, I feel "brain fog" but anything above about 97.5F and I am intellectually killing it. Aspirin would temporarily bring my temp up, and noticeably increased my mental acuity and perceived energy level for a few hours for 325mg aspirin, but only about a 30-45min for an 81mg aspirin. Also, supplementing pregnenolone seems to provide a huge boost in mental function for me. It also seems to keep temp higher for much longer than aspirin, so it ties back into that.

Other than that, if you're having digestive problems, I find that always affects my mental function. But when I have high temp "around the clock," bowels always seem to work quite well :)