Pansterone - Liquid Pregnenolone/DHEA Mix

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Milky said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/98053/ Two more questions haidut! (thanks in advance)

1) Maybe I'm just missing it, but can you clarify if the DMSO being used in IdeaLabs supplements is diluted with distilled water, etc? Or is it just the hormones mixed with 80% DMSO and 20% ethanol? I read elsewhere that DMSO is often diluted with water in different concentrations to help with skin irritation/itching in topical applications.

2) Can we talk a bit more about the "potentiating effect" of DMSO on steroid hormones? If it somehow increases their effectiveness, could it be said to do so in any measureable way? For instance, 5mg each of preg/DHEA in Pansterone administered with DMSO as a carrier not only has near 100% absorption, but has some factorial increase in effectiveness (2x, 3x, etc.) compared to oil or some other carrier. I guess I'm wondering about what the actual mechanism is for how DMSO might increase the effectiveness of the steroids.

The Pansterone supplement is dissolved in 80% DMSO and 20% ethanol. No water in it.
As far as DMSO potentiating the effects of steroids - the one study I saw on that long time ago said that this is due to DMSO increasing uptake of steroids into the cell. Officially, it is said that DMSO changes the permeability of the cell membrane. The tests included at least 10 hormones, including thyroid. It was shown that after treatment with DMSO, steroid uptake into the cell increased 3-5 fold, especially thyroid hormone, testosterone, and progesterone. So, this would mean 5mg DHEA in DMSO being equivalent to 15mg - 20mg without DMSO but also WITHOUT the estrogenic effects of DHEA in high doses. Unfortunately, I don't more since the study was quite old and I have not seen any new ones on that issue except showing that topical administration of steroids in DMSO rivals administration of much higher doses used orally or even IV. So, the potentiating effect seems to be there even though not much is known about it.
Btw, this gives an idea of dissolving thyroid hormone in DMSO/ethanol and using topically for a much more pronounced effect. I would love to release a supplement like that but unfortunately thyroid hormone is a controlled substance in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
haidut said:
Btw, this gives an idea of dissolving thyroid hormone in DMSO/ethanol and using topically for a much more pronounced effect. I would love to release a supplement like that but unfortunately thyroid hormone is a controlled substance in the US.

Yes, you absolutely should release a topical thyroid supplement, there must be some way you could get around the US issue. Have you looked into using triiodothyroacetic acid (TRIAC)? I've been looking into topical thyroid applications for reversing stress-related skin conditions and general anti-ageing:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17123343
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16571090
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/jtr/2013/124538/

tara

haidut said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97865/ I would recommend using on different parts of the body during the day so that a full daily dose is not applied to the same skin spot. I also get erythema (I am pretty sure it's from the DMSO) when I apply Pansterone on the same spot 3 times a day. So, instead I use my wrists, ankles and temples during the day so that no single skin spot gets more than a single dose of Pansterone daily. Most people do not get skin irritation from this concentration of DMSO though, so this is just a suggestion for the sensitive ones like me.

I don't think it is so uncommon - I've seen recommendations for applying DMSO that say 70% DMSO+30% water is better than higher concentrations wrt avoiding skin irritation.
Another thing to try might be adding a small amount of clean water before applying.

Milky

tara said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/98082/ Another thing to try might be adding a small amount of clean water before applying.

That's a great suggestion Tara! A drop of water per drop of Pansterone perhaps and that would cut it roughly in half. I think it'd be worth keeping in mind if it starts creating redness or itching at some point.

bailadora

2 week update : female ramped up from 8 drops1-2 xs day to 8d x3/day
Increased libido
Lowered appetitite (? Bonus ?)
Even moods ( no extremes)
More stress resistAnt
Skin ok ( a few pimples but no acne) kinda glowy
Improved sleep- drop off to sleep no problems and getting back to sleep no problems

I really like it in fact I'm afraid I'm going to run out before I get another order.
Only draw backs I note are can irritate skin after repeated applications so I rotate areas of with little fat. And the bottle font is so small I couldn't read it- I could barely read with my reading glasses. Please consider make ingredients font larger I have a lot of little bottles :D
Good job Haidut!
Excellent am temps also.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
cantstoppeating said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/98070/
haidut said:

Yes, you absolutely should release a topical thyroid supplement, there must be some way you could get around the US issue. Have you looked into using triiodothyroacetic acid (TRIAC)? I've been looking into topical thyroid applications for reversing stress-related skin conditions and general anti-ageing:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17123343
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16571090
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/jtr/2013/124538/

Thanks for the suggestion on TRIAC. I will look into it and maybe potentially find a way to make the supplement outside of the US if I need to use pure T3.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
bailadora said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/98125/ 2 week update : female ramped up from 8 drops1-2 xs day to 8d x3/day
Increased libido
Lowered appetitite (? Bonus ?)
Even moods ( no extremes)
More stress resistAnt
Skin ok ( a few pimples but no acne) kinda glowy
Improved sleep- drop off to sleep no problems and getting back to sleep no problems

I really like it in fact I'm afraid I'm going to run out before I get another order.
Only draw backs I note are can irritate skin after repeated applications so I rotate areas of with little fat. And the bottle font is so small I couldn't read it- I could barely read with my reading glasses. Please consider make ingredients font larger I have a lot of little bottles :D
Good job Haidut!
Excellent am temps

Noted on the small font, thanks for the excellent feedback!

Fetch

I have been using pansterone for a few weeks now and have been really liking it. When I have time I'll write up a little bit of my experience. For now I am just slowly working up to the full dose I am at 1/2 right now. I have been wondering a few things

1.How far apart do you recommend application to avoid the possibility of increasing estrogen?

2.If I get up to the full dose and wanted to try adding more pregnenolone from say StressNon at a septa time of day or maybe once a week. Is that possible or is it more one or the other.?

Thanks as always

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Fetch said:
post 98467 I have been using pansterone for a few weeks now and have been really liking it. When I have time I'll write up a little bit of my experience. For now I am just slowly working up to the full dose I am at 1/2 right now. I have been wondering a few things

1.How far apart do you recommend application to avoid the possibility of increasing estrogen?

2.If I get up to the full dose and wanted to try adding more pregnenolone from say StressNon at a septa time of day or maybe once a week. Is that possible or is it more one or the other.?

Thanks as always

I take Pansterone doses 5-6 hours apart. I guess optimal would be 8 hours apart but I am not awake for that long.
As far as extra pregnenolone - yes, you can take Pansterone with StressNon if you feel you need the extra pregnenolone. I just don't know what dosage you may need, but there are human studies with 15mg pregnenolone + 5mg DHEA, so getting extra 5mg - 10mg pregnenolone from StressNon should be OK.

natedawggh

haidut said:
post 98599
Fetch said:
post 98467 I have been using pansterone for a few weeks now and have been really liking it. When I have time I'll write up a little bit of my experience. For now I am just slowly working up to the full dose I am at 1/2 right now. I have been wondering a few things

Thanks as always

I take Pansterone doses 5-6 hours apart. I guess optimal would be 8 hours apart but I am not awake for that long.
As far as extra pregnenolone - yes, you can take Pansterone with StressNon if you feel you need the extra pregnenolone. I just don't know what dosage you may need, but there are human studies with 15mg pregnenolone + 5mg DHEA, so getting extra 5mg - 10mg pregnenolone from StressNon should be OK.

Hi haidut,

I've been making my own topical pregnenolone in coconut oil. Would you consider making a product like this? I like it because I use topical coconut oil as a moisturizer, and having pregneolone in it is a very convenient way to get a small dose every day. It's really improved my health. The coconut oil is also not harsh on the skin, and since pregneolone is fat soluble it works really well. I also don't really want to use DHEA as much as I like using pregneolone, for the long term and regular application, I feel like pregnenolone is less iffy (am I mistaken in this?) I feel like I get so many pronounced benefits from topical pregvnenlone (which don't come from the oral route) that I don't have a need to add DHEA anyway.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
natedawggh said:
post 99126
haidut said:
post 98599
Fetch said:

Thanks as always

Hi haidut,

I've been making my own topical pregnenolone in coconut oil. Would you consider making a product like this? I like it because I use topical coconut oil as a moisturizer, and having pregneolone in it is a very convenient way to get a small dose every day. It's really improved my health. The coconut oil is also not harsh on the skin, and since pregneolone is fat soluble it works really well. I also don't really want to use DHEA as much as I like using pregneolone, for the long term and regular application, I feel like pregnenolone is less iffy (am I mistaken in this?) I feel like I get so many pronounced benefits from topical pregvnenlone (which don't come from the oral route) that I don't have a need to add DHEA anyway.

Our product StressNon was based on olive oil and coconut oils. The problem is that pregnenolone is poorly soluble (even in oils) and it would often precipitate and clog the bottles. So, we switched to DMSO.

I've been using Pansterone for the last few days. At 8 drops, which is 5mg of DHEA, I get a "rush" like sensation where my hands become slightly moist and my feet become cold (temp drops to 36.2c) and it's a similar feeling I get when I orally take 5mg DHEA or 100mg+ Pregnenolone. A few minutes later and everything is fine.

It looks like Pansterone is doing its job. Now I have to interpret these effects on my metabolism. Seems like I might still be running on cortisol and the effect I get is from DHEA/Preg drastically reducing the cortisol and thus momentarily reducing my metabolism.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
cantstoppeating said:
post 99137 I've been using Pansterone for the last few days. At 8 drops, which is 5mg of DHEA, I get a "rush" like sensation where my hands become slightly moist and my feet become cold (temp drops to 36.2c) and it's a similar feeling I get when I orally take 5mg DHEA or 100mg+ Pregnenolone. A few minutes later and everything is fine.

It looks like Pansterone is doing its job. Now I have to interpret these effects on my metabolism. Seems like I might still be running on cortisol and the effect I get is from DHEA/Preg drastically reducing the cortisol and thus momentarily reducing my metabolism.

Try taking with food or shortly after eating (30min). It probably raises your metabolism and when glycogen gets depleted you get a stress response.

haidut said:
post 99150
cantstoppeating said:
post 99137 I've been using Pansterone for the last few days. At 8 drops, which is 5mg of DHEA, I get a "rush" like sensation where my hands become slightly moist and my feet become cold (temp drops to 36.2c) and it's a similar feeling I get when I orally take 5mg DHEA or 100mg+ Pregnenolone. A few minutes later and everything is fine.

Try taking with food or shortly after eating (30min). It probably raises your metabolism and when glycogen gets depleted you get a stress response.

Took 8 drops about 15 mins after food an hour ago and didn't notice any drop in temperature. In fact, temperature is currently 37.1c and pulse 88bpm, hands and feet are very warm and slightly moist. For me this is normal for the late afternoon and evening but what's not is the lack of a drop in temp after taking DHEA or Pregnenolone. Guess it was due to lack of glycogen but all is good now.

jtwgf8

I'm enjoying this supplement very much. Notice a calming effect, increased pulse, and temp. Feel relaxed, but not tired, and I have noticed that I've been falling asleep easier at night (something that is unheard of for me). I can't say this about much supplements. I have also enjoyed your estro-ban supplement for some skin issues I have. So I really like your products very much. You are very informative and helpful. It's very appreciated!!!

I think I read in an old post on the forum a study that you posted about possibly using up to 200 mg of DHEA per day to help treat Crohns. I wasn't sure if a higher dose would help me more, or do you think I should maybe try just a DHEA supplement? The only relief I have ever experienced was using corticosteroids. I've only taken them for a couple of months, then got off of them. They did provide symptom relief though. I was considering going back on them, until I tried this supplement. It makes me feel better, but I still have irritation. Wasn't sure on what your thoughts were on upping the dose for this particular condition, or taking the recommended dose along with corticosteroids? Just curious.

I'd also like to mention that my hair feels stronger with the pansterone. It feels a lot more vibrant and strong. So I have noticed good changes while being on it. Good to hear that I don't have to store it in the fridge. Any reason to worry about it being be destroyed by too much heat?

sweetpeat

Wow, this stuff is powerful! For me, at least.
Prior to this, I was using some topical DHEA and preg creams that I had on hand, taking about 5mg each twice a day. So when I got the Pansterone, I figured it would be stronger and decided to take 3 drops (about 2mg maybe?) in the morning and again in the early afternoon for a total of 6 drops.
At bedtime, I discovered some rather large pimples breaking out on my chest. And I am sitting here wide awake at 1am unable to sleep. :shootself
Apparently, what I thought of as a small starting dose is still too large. I think I will probably skip it tomorrow, then start again the next day with only one or two drops per dose.
So, a word to the wise: you may want to start low and go slow!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
jtwgf8 said:
post 99375 I'm enjoying this supplement very much. Notice a calming effect, increased pulse, and temp. Feel relaxed, but not tired, and I have noticed that I've been falling asleep easier at night (something that is unheard of for me). I can't say this about much supplements. I have also enjoyed your estro-ban supplement for some skin issues I have. So I really like your products very much. You are very informative and helpful. It's very appreciated!!!

I think I read in an old post on the forum a study that you posted about possibly using up to 200 mg of DHEA per day to help treat Crohns. I wasn't sure if a higher dose would help me more, or do you think I should maybe try just a DHEA supplement? The only relief I have ever experienced was using corticosteroids. I've only taken them for a couple of months, then got off of them. They did provide symptom relief though. I was considering going back on them, until I tried this supplement. It makes me feel better, but I still have irritation. Wasn't sure on what your thoughts were on upping the dose for this particular condition, or taking the recommended dose along with corticosteroids? Just curious.

I'd also like to mention that my hair feels stronger with the pansterone. It feels a lot more vibrant and strong. So I have noticed good changes while being on it. Good to hear that I don't have to store it in the fridge. Any reason to worry about it being be destroyed by too much heat?

I think 200mg DHEA is too much. The Pansterone may be able to substitute by rubbing it directly on the tummy areas where you have the most discomfort. Also, one of the maintenance treatments for Chron's are amino-salicylates, which are just another form of aspirin. If that drug helps you, you can achieve the same by taking the same dose of Alka-Seltzer. Google it for more info (i.e. "alka seltzer chron disease"), many people prefer that regimen to the amino-salicylates and that way you also ingest less toxins.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
rachelray said:
post 99607 Are samples of your supplements available ?

I sent some samples (20-30) when I first started this product line. I don't do it any more but if you want to try I suggest you get some cheap pregnenolone / DHEA online and experiment to see if they affect you well. If they do then you can order Pansterone or continue to take what you bought.

goodandevil

How much dhea would you recommend for 10mg sublingual pregnenelone? I would prefer a topical, but I have a bottle of the sublingual to consume. Thx. :hattip