Are Anabolic Steroids That Bad?

TheHound

let's say a 20 year old decided to do a cycle of AAS, and took the necessary precautions like aromatase inhibitors such as vitamin e, aspirin and the fat solubles to prevent test from converting into estrogen. would this prevent most of the side effects like hair loss and gyno?

jaguar43

The major problem with AAS is that it stops your own production of testosterone. Which can lead to lower androgens once off the cycle and decrease libido. Looking at the chemical structure of some AAS it seems to cause liver damage as well. The conversion to estrogen is the least of the worries when consuming AAS. Unless your a professional bodybuilder and compete regular I would stay away from AAS.

Joocy_J

jag2594 said:
The major problem with AAS is that it stops your own production of testosterone. Which can lead to lower androgens once off the cycle and decrease libido. Looking at the chemical structure of some AAS it seems to cause liver damage as well. The conversion to estrogen is the least of the worries when consuming AAS. Unless your a professional bodybuilder and compete regular I would stay away from AAS.

Androgen receptors up-regulate on AAS, and a lot of users report higher testosterone after a cycle. Also most people who know what they're doing blast and cruise they don't ever come off.

mujuro

Androgen receptors upregulate, but they don't stay upregulated. Depending on the dosage of aromatizing steroid, vitamin E or other supplements might be enough to prevent gyno.

I believe that endogenous hormone suppression not only stops testosterone production, but might also stop production of other steroids in the steroidogenesis chain: pregnenolone, progesterone, THDOC, etc.
LDL increases with almost every AAS except for the progestogenic nandrolone, which I take to mean cholesterol is not being consumed for steroid synthesis.

Zyzz had a heart attack at the age of 22. Not worth it. Think long term. You're balls will shrink.

All these people VG mentions here, when you watch their videos and read their interviews, they're crazy. It takes a certain kind of crazy to actually take steroids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZLpciFYUfQ

Joocy_J

Westside PUFAs said:
post 99034 Zyzz had a heart attack at the age of 22. Not worth it. Think long term. You're balls will shrink.

All these people VG mentions here, when you watch their videos and read their interviews, they're crazy. It takes a certain kind of crazy to actually take steroids.

zyzz perma-blasted gear, drank alcohol, used recreational drugs, stayed up late partying, and ate like ***t. His overall lifestyle killed him not the steroids. Frank zane, and many other veteran steroid users are old in just as healthy as many non users.

Someone on a healthy diet, and lifestyle is going to have a completely different experience.

Your balls will not shrink if you're on hcg.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joocy_J

mujuro said:
post 99032

I believe that endogenous hormone suppression not only stops testosterone production, but might also stop production of other steroids in the steroidogenesis chain: pregnenolone, progesterone, THDOC, etc.
LDL increases with almost every AAS except for the progestogenic nandrolone, which I take to mean cholesterol is not being consumed for steroid synthesis.

That is why people use hcg with steroids to maintain production of other hormones.

OP
TheHound

TheHound

Joocy_J said:
post 99036
mujuro said:
post 99032

That is why people use hcg with steroids to maintain production of other hormones.

do you think it's a bad decision when you're only 20?

Brian

TheHound said:
post 99055
Joocy_J said:
post 99036
mujuro said:
post 99032

You're only 20? Just drink milk, eat egg yolks and lift. Your results should be extremely fast muscle gain equal to what is possible through most anabolic steroids unless there is some underlying issue with your metabolism.

Joocy_J

TheHound said:
Joocy_J said:
post 99036
mujuro said:
post 99032

That's you're decision to make man

tara

From back in June on your other thread:
TheHound said:
post 85593 im always hungry and eat to satisfy all the time, so I think I just need to focus on eating a lot more. I'll focus on getting 3500-4000 calories consistently while trying to lower stress hormones I guess
How has this been going?

jaguar43

Joocy_J said:
post 99035
Westside PUFAs said:
post 99034 Zyzz had a heart attack at the age of 22. Not worth it. Think long term. You're balls will shrink.

zyzz perma-blasted gear, drank alcohol, used recreational drugs, stayed up late partying, and ate like s***. His overall lifestyle killed him not the steroids. Frank zane, and many other veteran steroid users are old in just as healthy as many non users.

Someone on a healthy diet, and lifestyle is going to have a completely different experience.

Your balls will not shrink if you're on hcg.

Frank Zane and others took steroids to compete professionally. Thats a whole different ball game in my opinion. If your looking to compete and go professional than it may be worth it.

Actually, I wonder if anyone is willing to email Ray Peat about AAS. He has showed some interest in DNP in his latest article which is another substance that bodybuilders use.

mujuro

Joocy_J said:
mujuro said:
post 99032

HCG is only an LH analogue. It does not do anything to reverse HPTA suppression while high levels of androgens are still present. It only artificially elevates testosterone. There is nothing to say that while testosterone might be produced on demand as a result of Leydig activity, the other pathways remain silent.

And Zyzz is a horrible case in point. It would be like saying "stay away from pop music, look at what it did to Justin Bieber". He used hard recreational drugs, stimulants, pharmaceuticals. This isn't unheard of either. There's a certain South African fitness competitor who uses cocaine and speed for competition prep.

tara

OP
TheHound

TheHound

tara said:
post 99062 From back in June on your other thread:
TheHound said:
post 85593 im always hungry and eat to satisfy all the time, so I think I just need to focus on eating a lot more. I'll focus on getting 3500-4000 calories consistently while trying to lower stress hormones I guess
How has this been going?

honestly I added a lot more white rice and potatoes. easier than sugars. weight is going up now

OP
TheHound

TheHound

orangedonkey said:
post 99070 Don't mean to sound like a b*tch, but why do you wanna take roids?

hey I won't dodge this question, and I know most people will think it's a stupid answer but I want to be BIG. that simple

tara

TheHound said:
post 99073
tara said:
post 99062 From back in June on your other thread:
TheHound said:
How has this been going?

honestly I added a lot more white rice and potatoes. easier than sugars. weight is going up now

If your weight is going up now that you are eating more, maybe that's just what you needed, and you don't need to take the risks with ****?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals