Please Answer Quickly If You Know. What Thyroid Is Doc Equivalent Of Cynoplus In Usa

Im going to doc in an hr to try to get a thyroid prescription. .. do they have cynoplus in usa or what is the next best thing?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Synthroid for T4, and, Cytomel for T3, if you want to go with synthetics.

OP
mayweatherking
Charlie said:
post 98832 Synthroid for T4, and, Cytomel for T3, if you want to go with synthetics.

Just whatever is the best. .. they dont have cynoplus at doc?

Last edited by a moderator:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:

answersfound

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
answersfound said:
post 98851 There is a product called thyrolar that is a t4 t3 combo that is synthetic.
I want something I can control the ratio. Many, like me, need a 2:1 ratio of T4 to T3 when supplementing. Some even need a 1:1 ratio.

:hattip

Last edited:

aguilaroja

OP
mayweatherking
Charlie said:
post 98853
answersfound said:
post 98851 There is a product called thyrolar that is a t4 t3 combo that is synthetic.
I want something I can control the ratio. Many, like me, need a 2:1 ratio of T4 to T3 when supplementing. Some even need a 1:1 ratio.

How to know what you need? He wouldn't give me prescription but did test on t4 t3 and tsh again and said we cud do low dose next week

aguilaroja

mayweatherking said:
post 98836
Charlie said:
post 98832 Synthroid for T4, and, Cytomel for T3, if you want to go with synthetics.
Just whatever is the best. .. they dont have cynoplus at doc?

All will probably depend on discussion and negotiation with the doctor, since T4-only prescribing is most common.

Cynoplus is bio-identical (synthetic) T4 and T3 in a 4 to 1, T4 to T3 ratio. My experience is that separate Rx's for T4 (levothyroxine/Synthroid) and T3 (liothyronine/Cytomel) is best. It allows flexibility in dosing and adjusting the ratio of T4 to T3. That will require taking one pill for each of the two ingredients and may require splitting pills.

If the 4 to 1 ratio is wanted in a single pill, the only accessible option in the U.S. is "NDT", "natural" dessicated thyroid (like Armour, WP Thyroid, Nature-throid brands).

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:1 :yeahthat

answersfound

Ndt for the win.

Peater Pan

I'm starting to learn this may be the case for me. I stopped responding to NDT (WP, Naturethroid and NP are crap now). Got some T3 (2x5 mcg NOT ENOUGH) from the doc and experimenting (non-compliant!) but it appears so far that I need something between 2:1-1:1 but probably closer to the later.

What do you take, and how? I have generic T3 5 mcg and they work well to just dissolve slowly in the mouth but I need a pretty much continuous supply. Larger doses cause a stress/adrenaline reaction (sweats, high HR but not temp.). I was looking at synthetic T4 ingredients and found:

https://www.researchgate.net/public...Clinical_Implications_of_Generic_Substitution

NOTE: Most non-50 mcg strengths contain dyes.

Euthyrox
No AB2
Citric acid anhydrous, corn starch, gelatin, magnesium stearate, mannitol, sodium croscarmellose

Levoxyl
Yes AB1, AB3
Calcium sulfate dehydrate, croscarmellose sodium, magnesiumstearate, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium bicarbonate

Synthroid
Yes AB1, AB2
Acacia, confectioner’s sugar (contains corn starch), lactosemonohydrate, magnesium stearate, povidone, talc

Tirosint
$$$$$ WTF? Pigs!

Tirosint-Sol
$$$$$ WTF? Pigs!

---

Levo-T
No AB1, AB2, AB3
Magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, Xcolloidal siliconedioxide, sodium starch glycolate

Generic Levothyroxinesodium (Mylan)
No AB1, AB2, AB3,AB4
Butylated hydroxyanisole, Xcolloidal silicon dioxide, crospovidone, ethyl alcohol, magnesium stearate, mannitol, microcrystallinecellulose, povidone, sodium lauryl sulfate, sucrose

Unithroid
Yes AB1, AB2, AB3
Acacia, colloidal Xsilicon dioxide, corn starch, lactose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycolate

Man, relatively Synthroid is $$$ and Tirosint is $$$$$s! Pigs! Any others look decent by ingredients? I bumped out the three below the '---' due to silicon dioxide (bad, right?). Know anything about Thyrolar?

Thyrolar
Inactive ingredients are calcium phosphate, colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, lactose, and magnesium stearate. The tablets also contain the following dyes: Thyrolar (liotrix) 1/4 - FD&C Blue #1 and FD&C Red #40; Thyrolar (liotrix) ½ - FD&C Red #40 and D&C Yellow #10; Thyrolar (liotrix) 1 - FD&C Red #40; Thyrolar (liotrix) 2 - FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Red #40, and D&C Yellow #10; Thyrolar (liotrix) 3 - FD&C Red #40 and D&C Yellow #10.

Also looking at Idea Labs's goods. Would love your feedback on my maiden post. :D

Last edited: