Caffeine And Aspirin Improve Both Mood And Performance

haidut

Forum Supporter
Human study with low dose of caffeine and moderate dose of aspirin.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3680601

"...We observed that caffeine (64 mg), when added to aspirin (800 mg), significantly improves vigilance performance and increases self-reported efficiency when compared with either placebo or aspirin alone. As previously reported, this caffeine dose alone significantly increased vigilance and decreased reaction time. No adverse effects of caffeine were detected on any of the parameters that were assessed. This study therefore demonstrated that the addition of caffeine to aspirin, in a dose commonly employed in over-the-counter drugs, has significant beneficial consequences with respect to mood and performance."

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Kaspar said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/98242/ A slightly tangential question. Is there a formula/guideline that helps judge how much Vitamin K would be needed to balance 800 mg Aspirin. I was reading this older thread:
http://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewt ... f=91&t=166
And some of the suggestions were:
On a WBM interview Peat said 1mg K/1 aspirin (325mg)
Well I know that 15mg K2 is "More than enough" for 800mg aspirin.

I think the formula 1mg K2 for every 325mf aspirin is valid, but it is only based on my personal experience. So, you may want to ask others as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

tara

I thin Peat said 1 mg K2 was good for 325mg aspirin , but would also be enough protection for more aspirin than this (but upper limit unspecified).

daIllu

If that little as 1mg of K2 was needed for 325mg aspirin I guess it would not even be a worry then, could get that from food without barely even thinking about it?

zooma

haidut said:
post 98232 As previously reported, this caffeine dose alone significantly increased vigilance and decreased reaction time

Do you think caffeine decreases reaction time?

That seems a little counter-intuitive, or is this dose dependant?

Peata

zooma said:
post 105219
haidut said:
post 98232 As previously reported, this caffeine dose alone significantly increased vigilance and decreased reaction time

I thought it meant it lowered reaction time, as in it took less time to react?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Peata said:
post 105226
zooma said:
post 105219
haidut said:

I thought it meant it lowered reaction time, as in it took less time to react?

Yes, lower reaction time means you react faster. Not sure what part is counterintuitive...

Makrosky

Nice, there's a pharmaceutical product in my country called Cafiaspirine that is actually that. Caffeine + aspirin. Made by Bayer.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Makrosky said:
post 105242 Nice, there's a pharmaceutical product in my country called Cafiaspirine that is actually that. Caffeine + aspirin. Made by Bayer.

That would be perfect if it is in a pill and has no bad ingredients. I may do something like that as a new supplement but add more goodies that synergizes with these two.

Makrosky

haidut said:
post 105246
Makrosky said:
post 105242 Nice, there's a pharmaceutical product in my country called Cafiaspirine that is actually that. Caffeine + aspirin. Made by Bayer.

That would be perfect if it is in a pill and has no bad ingredients. I may do something like that as a new supplement but add more goodies that synergizes with these two.

They target it for headaches, muscleaches, fever, etc. It's got 500mg aspirin and 50mg caffeine. And it's in a pill, yes.

You can check it http://salud.bayer.es/es/medicamentos-sin-receta/analgesicos/aspirina/cafiaspirina/que-es/

Btw haidut, are you working on the protein product ? Like protein powder with the good ratio of aminos and without any excipient or strange ***t on it. Would love to see that.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Makrosky said:
post 105252
haidut said:
post 105246
Makrosky said:

They target it for headaches, muscleaches, fever, etc. It's got 500mg aspirin and 50mg caffeine. And it's in a pill, yes.

You can check it http://salud.bayer.es/es/medicamentos-sin-receta/analgesicos/aspirina/cafiaspirina/que-es/

Btw haidut, are you working on the protein product ? Like protein powder with the good ratio of aminos and without any excipient or strange s*** on it. Would love to see that.

I looked into it and powder would be not economical to make or ship. Capsules with BCAA + tyrosine + P5P is a better shot so I am trying to find some company that can make it at a reasonable price and not mess with the ingredients. Most companies in the US have a clause that they get to add whatever they see fit to "improve" the product. Usually this means silicon and carrageenan, and sometimes worse.

Makrosky

haidut said:
Makrosky said:
post 105252
haidut said:
post 105246
Makrosky said:

Btw haidut, are you working on the protein product ? Like protein powder with the good ratio of aminos and without any excipient or strange s*** on it. Would love to see that.

I looked into it and powder would be not economical to make or ship. Capsules with BCAA + tyrosine + P5P is a better shot so I am trying to find some company that can make it at a reasonable price and not mess with the ingredients. Most companies in the US have a clause that they get to add whatever they see fit to "improve" the product. Usually this means silicon and carrageenan, and sometimes worse.

Sounds good. I would give such a product a try. Tyrosine is a bit tricky though. It can be converted to other cathecolamines than dopamine and cause a metabolic crash. It has happened to me some times while experimenting with it. Maybe there's some substance you can add that would univocally force tyrosine conversion to dopamine?

Thumbs down for the amino manufacturers.

Giraffe

daIllu said:
post 105211 If that little as 1mg of K2 was needed for 325mg aspirin I guess it would not even be a worry then, could get that from food without barely even thinking about it?
It is hard to get 1 mg vitamin K2 from food.

Giraffe

Makrosky said:
post 105266 Tyrosine is a bit tricky though. It can be converted to other things than dopamine and cause a metabolic crash. It has happened to me some times while experimenting with it.
Do you remember the dose? Was it a single dose that made you crash or chronic use?

Makrosky

Giraffe said:
post 105270
Makrosky said:
post 105266 Tyrosine is a bit tricky though. It can be converted to other things than dopamine and cause a metabolic crash. It has happened to me some times while experimenting with it.
Do you remember the dose? Was it a single dose that made you crash or chronic use?

Giraffe, I got stress reactions from 500mg of l-tyrosine or 250mg either with food or without. After the dose, the onset was quick if on empty stomach or slow snd progressive if taken with a meal. I felt really great for a time frame of 1-2 hours and then started to get very uncomfortably hyper and jittery.

No metabolic crash on the same day but after 4-5 days experimenting like that (one single dose x day) I had a crash and spent almost all the weekend at bed. I recovered and put the tyrosibe in a drawer until I know how to deal with it. It's got great potential though.

Why do you ask?

Giraffe

Makrosky said:
post 105271
Giraffe said:
post 105270
Makrosky said:
Giraffe, I got stress reactions from 500mg of l-tyrosine or 250mg either with food or without. After the dose, the onset was quick if on empty stomach or slow snd progressive if taken with a meal. I felt really great for a time frame of 1-2 hours and then started to get very uncomfortably hyper and jittery.

No metabolic crash on the same day but after 4-5 days experimenting like that (one single dose x day) I had a crash and spent almost all the weekend at bed.

Why do you ask?
Thanks Makrosky. I am experimenting with BCCAs at the moment, and they deplete tyrosine (and its precursor phenylalanine), but I don't know at what dose of BCAAs this becomes an issue. I am trying to make up my mind whether to supplement tyrosine or not.

Another user (here post 104297) reported hyperthyroid symptoms followed by a crash after ingesting tyrosine.

daIllu

Giraffe said:
post 105267
daIllu said:
post 105211 If that little as 1mg of K2 was needed for 325mg aspirin I guess it would not even be a worry then, could get that from food without barely even thinking about it?
It is hard to get 1 mg vitamin K2 from food.

Ah yea just realized K2 is many times measured in very small units of mcg, I guess I have alot to learn about supplementation overall, I think I found a great sublingual K2/D3 combo anyways. Might aswell buy something like this since it's getting dark here in Sweden now and everything, it says it has a form of K2 called K2-7 or MK-7 and it's derived from fermenting some non GMO bacteria and is supposed to be pretty much same like the one from natto but only this is not from soy.