Stimulation Of Skin's Energy Metabolism Provides Multiple Benefits For Mature Human Skin

paymanz

Stimulation of skin's energy metabolism provides multiple benefits for mature human skin. - PubMed - NCBI

As an organism ages, there is a decline in mitochondrial function and cellular energy balance. This decline is both accelerated by and can cause the formation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) that damage nuclear and mitochondrial DNA, lipid membranes as well as structural and catalytic proteins, especially those involved in energetic pathways of cells. Further, ROS have also been linked to some of the detrimental skin changes that occur as a result of photoaging. We have previously shown that levels of Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), a component of the respiratory chain in mitochondria, are reduced in skin cells from aging donors, and that topical supplementation can ameliorate processes involved in skin aging. Creatine is another important component of the cellular energy system and phosphocreatine, its phosphorylated form, functions as a reservoir for high energy phosphates. Unfortunately the creatine system and thus the energy storage mechanism in skin are negatively affected by aging and conditions of oxidative stress. This article reviews some of our in vivo data about the synergistic effects of combining a stabilized form of Creatine with CoQ10 and clearly depicts their beneficial effects as active ingredients in topical formulations.

Last edited:

mujuro

Maybe haidut can put together yet another topical. :D

I'll do my part in marketing it to everyone I know.

mujuro

Creatine monohydrate gives me horrible stomach aches and cramps. It's actually a pretty common side effect AFAIK. Even when I heat it in hot water to make sure it is thoroughly dissolved and the turbidity completely disappears, I still get bad cramps.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals