Methylene Blue Source: Blue Brain Boost

Dan W

Here's a new-to-me methylene blue source (found by Tyler, whose photography you will enjoy unless you're some kind of monster):
Powder form (COA)
Liquid form

They shared a coupon code, but I don't know if it's supposed to be posted publicly. I can PM it to anyone considering ordering

I'm curious to learn how their solvents compare to other MB sources, I don't know anything about MB manufacturing. Any comparisons with Oxidal, Haidut?

jaguar43

Dan Wich said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/95671/ Here's a new-to-me methylene blue source (found by Tyler, whose photography you will enjoy unless you're some kind of monster):
Powder form (COA)
Liquid form

They shared a coupon code, but I don't know if it's supposed to be posted publicly. I can PM it to anyone considering ordering

I'm curious to learn how their solvents compare to other MB sources, I don't know anything about MB manufacturing. Any comparisons with Oxidal, Haidut?

I was reading the COA for the methylene blue powder, and Arsenic (As) showed up as a expicient. Do you think it's a problem ?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Dan W

Dan W

I don't think so. It shouldn't actually be an excipient, they're likely testing for it as a leftover from the source materials / manufacturing (you'll see such heavy metal tests on just about any substance). And given the tiny doses of MB, even if it was actually 7ppm (which is unlikely), the amount per dose would still be pretty much nil.

They said I can share the coupon code, it's "RAYPEAT" for 30% off. Not sure when it expires.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:

jaguar43

Dan Wich said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/95723/ I don't think so. It shouldn't actually be an excipient, they're likely testing for it as a leftover from the source materials / manufacturing (you'll see such heavy metal tests on just about any substance). And given the tiny doses of MB, even if it was actually 7ppm (which is unlikely), the amount per dose would still be pretty much nil.

They said I can share the coupon code, it's "RAYPEAT" for 30% off. Not sure when it expires.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

HDD

So, being overwhelmed with Danwichism, I excitedly used the coupon and bought this in the powder form. :oops: Now I don't know what to do with it. Has diluting the powder been discussed anywhere?

OP
Dan W

Dan W

Hey HDD, I wrote them a quick note to ask if they have standard dilution instructions, I think they may make the solution from the powder themselves. If they don't have anything, I'll calculate it out.

How much did you buy, and what amount do you want per drop?

OP
Dan W

Dan W

Here's what they said:
The basic idea is that you add a known quantity of methylene blue to a known quantity of water so as to result in a final concentration of 10-30mg/mL methylene blue. To make a 10mg/mL solution, you could add 1g methylene blue powder to 100 mL (3.3 oz) of water. Methylene blue has intrinsic anti-microbial properties so you don't need to bacteriostatic water or sterilized water; since MB will itself kill any microorganisms. MB does degrade in the presence of both light and heat, so it's ideal to store it at 25 deg. C away from light. At 100 deg C methylene blue completely decomposes.

jaa

That's great news, thanks for the update Dan!

"BlueBrainBoost is restructuring. We'll be re-opening a streamlined version of BBB in the near future! Until then, we're only offering our most important product: methylene blue."

:D

thruline

There are powder sources offered on EBAY. I don't know about purity. I'm actually using a product
mentioned on other forums and marketed for aquariums. I'm only taking mcg levels at the moment.
It's been about five days and what I believe to be discomfort related to medication-triggered hepatitis has improved.

mitosolutions

There are powder sources offered on EBAY. I don't know about purity. I'm actually using a product
mentioned on other forums and marketed for aquariums. I'm only taking mcg levels at the moment.
It's been about five days and what I believe to be discomfort related to medication-triggered hepatitis has improved.

Bluebrainboost is a good choice if you're in the States. If you're in the UK, we've recently started selling our MB product, MitoBlue, on ebay.

marteagal

Bluebrainboost is a good choice if you're in the States. If you're in the UK, we've recently started selling our MB product, MitoBlue, on ebay.
Can you provide a link, please? I could not find it: MitoBlue | eBay

And excuse my question but your product is not related to the following, is it?: "We report the discovery of a fluorogenic dye, N1,N3-di(2-aminidonaphthalen-6-yl) propane-1,3-diamine, MitoBlue, which selectively stains functional mitochondria" (http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/cb500552f)

mitosolutions

Can you provide a link, please? I could not find it: MitoBlue | eBay

And excuse my question but your product is not related to the following, is it?: "We report the discovery of a fluorogenic dye, N1,N3-di(2-aminidonaphthalen-6-yl) propane-1,3-diamine, MitoBlue, which selectively stains functional mitochondria" (http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/cb500552f)

No need to excuse yourself Marteagal. No, we are not related to that particular product.

Here is the product link: Amazon.co.uk: mitoblue

We can do 20% cheaper if we deal via paypal. Just shoot me a private message if that works for you.

johnwester130

I feel a lot better not taking Methylene Blue

It raises metabolism too much, so I assume it is burning up all my copper/ zinc, sugar, selenium and oher nutrients

Waynish

Like I said in another thread, for some reason basically identical amounts of MB in Oxidal and bluebrainboost have very different effects on water. Blue brain boost makes it much bluer than the same amount of Oxidal. Haidut said this in response:
"Oxidal also contains caffeine and benzoic acid, which can change the color of the MB if it partially oxidizes them and gets reduced in the process."

Waynish

I feel a lot better not taking Methylene Blue

It raises metabolism too much, so I assume it is burning up all my copper/ zinc, sugar, selenium and oher nutrients

This is a good point that I wish was raised on this forum more often. Who is actually measuring their reserves? This doesn't seem easy to do. I don't even see anyone tracking everything to the point that they know how low they are on possibly optimal trace-nutrient levels.

Back
Top Bottom