Eating chicken and human temperature

Daimyo

Hi guys and girls,

I have been peating for quite long time, eating a relatively good diet. Two days ago I have eaten about a 500 grams of fried chicken (cooked at home)... When I woke up the next day my temperature was 0,6* lower than normal! It went from 36,6*C to 36,0*C! Was it PUFA or Roundup residues from GMO corn and soybean that chickens in Vietnam are fed I don't know, but that stuff is powerful.

I felt like a zombie that day. Getting extra T3 helped a bit but not much.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Daimyo said:
Hi guys and girls,

I have been peating for quite long time, eating a relatively good diet. Two days ago I have eaten about a 500 grams of fried chicken (cooked at home)... When I woke up the next day my temperature was 0,6* lower than normal! It went from 36,6*C to 36,0*C! Was it PUFA or Roundup residues from GMO corn and soybean that chickens in Vietnam are fed I don't know, but that stuff is powerful.

I felt like a zombie that day. Getting extra T3 helped a bit but not much.
Was it skinless chicken? I try to have gelatin with muscle meat and having some calcium seems to help too.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Daimyo said:
It was chicken drums with skin on. Now I am OK, but the change was dramatic.
Yeah, it might have been the skin. Pufa seems to do that to me. I'm glad you OK now. I've only had it twice since discovering Peat and took extra vitamin E in those situations.

schultz

That's very interesting. Do you check your temperature every morning? If so, is it consistently 36.6 +/- 0.1?

bornamachine

Very interesting.... I recently had an episode too.. ate some chicken didnt feel too good, actually bad, woke up next morning checked my vitals, slower heart beat and body temp... chicken was the "natural" one, whole. I had a piece or two...

schultz

Daimyo said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97957/ @
schultz said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/91040/ That's very interesting. Do you check your temperature every morning? If so, is it consistently 36.6 +/- 0.1?

I check my temperature most mornings. Unless I am making some changes my temperature is +- 0.2*C or rather -, I never had temp higher upon waking up than 36.6

That's pretty remarkable that the chicken lowered it that much then. It had an immediate and direct effect it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:

CoolTweetPete

That's incredible. I used to think I could get away with eating a little chicken here and there, but I always tend to feel some negative after-effects.

I'm curious, Peat mentions birds have very high metabolic rates. I wonder how they are able to achieve this with such high levels of PUFA in their bodies. They are warm-blooded, animals, right?

I guess it's just their natural body composition.

Mittir

Daimyo said:
Hi guys and girls,

Two days ago I have eaten about a 500 grams of fried chicken (cooked at home)... When I woke up the next day my temperature was 0,6* lower than normal!

Did you eat that amount before or after sunset. If i eat steak for dinner i do not feel good the next day.
Tryptophan in muscle meat can increase serotonin after dark, that disrupts sleep.
This is why RP recommends eating mostly carb and fat after sunset. Digestion also slows down in the night
and causing endotoxin problems. Protein are harder to digest.

Did you fry in saturated fat or PUFA?

OP
Daimyo

Daimyo

@Schulz

I am still in the phase (and especially few months ago, when I did "the chicken experiment") where I have little resilience to stress factors. I need to have everything on spot (food wise) to get high temp.

@CoolTweetPete
The chicken I have eaten was probably about 7-9 weeks old when it was killed. They don't have time to die of degenerative diseases. It's been hundreds of generations that the best chickens were crossed with the best chickens. The best here is described as "the best food conversion ratio" (to grow the most with the least and the cheapest amount of feed).

@Mittir
I either used coconut oil or a tiny bit of butter, or just salt. I don't buy any high PUFA oils, so I definitely didn't used it. I've eaten it around 7 p.m. in Vietnam that was after the sunset.

bornamachine

This is my 2nd post in this chicken thread regarding chicken. I ate chicken once again, last time I measured lower temp upon waking, this time I ate same "naturals" whole chicken from winco once again, next morning I did not have a chance to measure but my hands were cold, and I had to run hot water to warm them up,a little later as I was preparing lunch for work (takes 15 mins) kinda chilly in the morning as usual, and usually my feet become cold from the cold floor, but this day my feet my hands and even my nose became very cold. At this point I am inclined to believe that this was directly caused by the said poultry but will have to be confirmed once again, this time we bought organic chicken from costco and next time around I'll see the effect.

bornamachine

This is my 3rd input. Ive eaten chicken once again, this time chicken soup made from organic costco chicken. No drops in temp. Or cold hands noticed. Eaten several times with no ill effect noticed.

Aspekt

Soup would have gelatin presumably? If so it'd make the amino excitory/inhibitory intake balanced, which is probably part of the reason for the temp drop.
"If you depend on chicken for your major protein, it will contribute to suppressing your thyroid and progesterone."--Ray Peat

YuraCZ

CoolTweetPete said:
post 98369 That's incredible. I used to think I could get away with eating a little chicken here and there, but I always tend to feel some negative after-effects.

I'm curious, Peat mentions birds have very high metabolic rates. I wonder how they are able to achieve this with such high levels of PUFA in their bodies. They are warm-blooded, animals, right?

I guess it's just their natural body composition.
I'm not sure if you know this but there is a big difference between wild bird and soy fed chicken in your sandwich.

Attachments

• 39[1].jpg
    39[1].jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 409
  • Sick%20and%20deformed%20chickens%20suffering%20inside%20a%20chicken%20factory%20farm[1].jpg
    Sick%20and%20deformed%20chickens%20suffering%20inside%20a%20chicken%20factory%20farm[1].jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 418
Last edited by a moderator:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I live in chicken country and see those chickens on the back of the trucks on the way to the slaughterhouse. Its bad. :(

Had a friend renting from a chicken farmer here. She asked him if he would sell her some chickens, he said he wouldn't eat them. :?

Needless to say, chicken unfortunately is a big piece of protein for me right now because I cant handle meat I get to acidy, too much milk no good, and general lack of buying power. :lol: