Isotretinoin (accutane)

OP
A

actually

@ Ben:
I don't gain weight so I don't have to worry about that aspect of it. White rice is just so much more convenient/satisfying/cheaper than a lot of fruit or OJ. Fruit and OJ is cold + a lot of liquid + you have to deal with de-peeling, peels, seeds, ripeness, stickyness (preperation) etc...

Oh and I did zero starch and only sugar and milk for a year and there was no difference, so I am over that no starch kick.

@Suikerbuik:
Guess I need some more Fukitol in my system and should just stop worrying about ***t ahha.

HDD

actually said:
So never ever try accutane, and I am basically SOL and should keep experimenting?

Vitamin A doesn't work (experimented from 5,000 IU to 100,000 IU)
Vitamin D/ Sunlight/ Red Light doesn't help.
Vitamin K & E don't work
Honey doesn't work
Thyroid doesn't work
Niacinamide doesn't work (Oral or topical)
B6 doesn't work
Oysters doesn't work and are gross as hell, same with shrimp, but less gross.
Aspirin doesn't work (topical & oral) but have yet to mega-dose it.
Cave man regimen doesn't help.
Oil Cleansing Method didn't help
Keto/Primal/PHD/Peat diets don't help.
Changing pillow cases and all that stuff doesn't help.
blargwargarblekajdfsjdf

Should I try to make sure I get plenty of each nutrient to make sure I am not deficient?

I was thinking of adding in Maple Syrup and Blackstrap molasses to ensure I get enough manganese and magnesium, and add in ground beef to help with Zinc:

2 Quarts of Milk + 1 tsp salt
2 Quarts of OJ + 1 tsp salt
2 Egg Yolks (Pastured)
2-4 Cups of Rice + .25 - .5 Cups Coconut Oil + liberal salt (Solid Food + manganese)
.25 cups of Maple Syrup (Manganese)
2 TBSP Black Strap Molasses (Magnesium + extra calcium)
1/4 Pound Grass Fed Ground Beef (Zinc + Selenium)

Supp - VA, VD, VK, VE, Aspirin, Niacinamide, Thyroid.

I know that you are supposed to avoid starch if you want to reduce inflammation, but I feel a lot better with more solid food, and I can definitely put away a lot of calories and not gain weight. Plus, as I mentioned earlier, my only symptom is acne, everything else is perfectly fine. Digestion, physical health/stamina, no bloating/minimal gas etc... And I also tried a perfect peat diet for about 1 year without starch and it didn't help, just kept me cold with all that liquid + fruits.

Maybe try eating cheese instead of drinking so much milk. Milk is higher in tryptophan. Since you don't have any weight issues, that could help. Another thing is as your metabolism improves, your nutrient needs increase. My youngest son gets acne and is always trying to get rid of it. He says the sun causes acne. How I interpret that is that he needs more nutrients. Specifically, Vitamin A. So if you tried sunlight, this could cause you to need more A. Zinc could also be needed. All the foods and supplements work together. Have you tried putting your foods in cronometer to see if you are deficient in anything? Another poster, Cliff, mentioned that topical niacinamide helped his acne.

OP
A

actually

@ Haaggendazdiane

I would try cheese, but it is very expensive, and very hard to find 100% grass fed cheese without vegetable rennet or microbial enzymes and what not. I guess that means I would have to find goat cheese since that is already grass fed, then I would only have to worry about the rennet stuff.

It also looks like milk and cheese have the same tryptophan/protein ratio based on cronometer and nutritiondata so I don't think that would make such a large difference.

J

j.

Greek Yogurt or its equivalent, home-strained unflavored yogurt, has lower tryptophan I think.

HDD

"He recommends dairy mainly for good quality protein and good ratio of
calcium to phosphorus. Most cheese ( cottage cheese, farmer's cheese
don't have much calcium) are high in calcium and protein quality is much
better than milk as tryptophan is removed in cheese making process.
Some cheese ( mozzarella type) have high content of tryptophan.
In a way cheese is better than milk but lactose in milk can help with
constipation. He does warn against industrial enzyme in modern cheese."

This is a quote from Mittir and why I recommended cheese. Maybe have a mix of dairy sources and add eggshell powder if you need more calcium.

HDD

actually said:
@ Haaggendazdiane

I would try cheese, but it is very expensive, and very hard to find 100% grass fed cheese without vegetable rennet or microbial enzymes and what not. I guess that means I would have to find goat cheese since that is already grass fed, then I would only have to worry about the rennet stuff.

It also looks like milk and cheese have the same tryptophan/protein ratio based on cronometer and nutritiondata so I don't think that would make such a large difference.

Actually, you are right about the tryptophan in cheeses. I apologize for my mistake.

Kasper

I've used it for 8 months, one of the worst choices I have ever made.

Have you tried red light ?
Red light is proven to be effective against acne.
I personally think that acne has to with gut flora.
How are your stools ?

My brother did the isotretionin and now his acne is back. He is a quarter of a century old. Realize whether you want to use a chemotherapy agent on yourself to kill your sebaceous glands permanently and who knows what else. Chemotherapy seems to have an awesome tendency to cause "addiction" if you catch my drift.

P.S. You can distinguish between bacterial acne and gut irritation acne with coconut oil, apply it and bacterial acne should get better. Gut irritation gives me smaller diffuse pimples. Keep vitamin A under 50k a week and eat some zinc.

Tarmander

I took Accutane when I was a teenager, I regret it to this day more then a decade later

tara

paper_clips43 said:
post 37283 I have heard several testimonials of Raw Honey curing acne and over all making the skin shiny and healthy.
Eating it or topical?

Last edited by a moderator:

paper_clips43

tara said:
post 105161
paper_clips43 said:
post 37283 I have heard several testimonials of Raw Honey curing acne and over all making the skin shiny and healthy.
Eating it or topical?

Topically.

I have putting honey in my Aspirin, Caffeine, and sometimes Niacinamide solution that I use on my hair, and face. IT works really well.

YuraCZ

leaky gut = acne.. So only easy to digest protein sources. NO dairy, NO gluten. This is a must! Besides this no fried foods. No junk food. I had all types of acne maybe 10 years. I always have best results with basically clean bodybuilding diet = rice, eggs, meat, veggies. lower fat, moderate carbs and moderate protein. No junk, no gluten, dairy etc.. If I eat fried foods like chips or fries. I get oily skin and clogged pores. If I eat big amounts of casein or gluten I get cystic acne! Btw I was on accutane for 8 months. 6 months after I stop. I had acne again. Because I was eating crap all the time... :hattip

DankMemes

OP I took accutane for 10 months and regret it completely, it didn't even clear my acne completely.

I've been dealing with chronic constipation and estrogen dominance since about 3 months into my accutane treatment, it could have be coincidence but i believe accutane damaged my liver and set me up for a host of new problems.

It cleared minor whiteheads and acne on my forehead, but didn;'t do anything for cystic and nodular acne on my cheeks and on the corners of the mouth.

I also think I developed mild rosacea from accutane, I get flushed very easily and my face goes bright red, it could be a result of accutane damaging the blood vessels of the face making them dilate more causing redness.

Sea

actually said:
I don't know about my temps/pulse but I think they should be fine. I do use thyroid and vitamin E. I don't really react negatively to foods. I ate only orange juice, milk and shell fish for a while and nothing changed. Now I eat white rice, OJ, milk and eggs. I do not react negatively to anything. No bloating, no gas, I eat as much as I want and don't gain weight (but I might be increasing my weight now that I am eating about 5000 calories and lifting 4 x week), my body temperature is a lot warmer now than doing keto stuff over 1.5 years ago.

To be honest, the only reason I started "dieting" is to fix my acne. I have no other symptoms at all. Almost no gas, no bloating, lot's of energy, fine libido, hair is fine (though I have gray hairs at an early age). My hands and feet do get cold, but that is probably just from living in a cold house, plus I eat 5000 calories and take thyroid so I doubt I am hypothyroid, but who knows.

If you haven't even measured your temp/pulse then how do you know whether anything you tried is working or not. The very first step to peating is to measure your temp/pulse and gain a good idea of how it responds to various foods/supplements so that you can adjust dosages or remove foods/supplements that aren't helping the temp/pulse. If your digestion really is perfect then you are just deficient in vitamin A. How many days did you try 100kiu of vitamin A? Acne is caused by either bad digestion of something you are eating or a deficiency of vitamin A/thyroid. Keto also does a ton of damage to the metabolism which can take some time to recover from.

Sea

Joocy_J said:
post 105131 Why is accutane s bad? I don't get it, it is just vitamin A right?

It's a toxic, pharma version, of vitamin A that has a lot of side effects.

Ashoka

There is no option here. Taking Accutane, with everything you now know about it, would make no sense whatsoever. Never do it.

haidut

Forum Supporter
actually said:
post 37419 @ Haaggendazdiane

According to this study, for acne up to 200,000 IU for women and 400,000 IU for men daily may be needed when using retinol or its esters.
viewtopic.php?f=116&t=8128

Amazoniac

I suspect that any sequelae from the treatment might also have a psychological factor, because if you dealt with acne for a long time, it becomes an excuse for a lot of failures. If you were not capable of getting rid of it by addressing the causes, having to resort to medication; it might give you not long a feeling of incapability, but also, as the acne suddenly disappears with the systemic effects of inflammation still persisting, except that now without anything apparent to blame, it's a great trigger for feelings of helplessness.

I saw a girl on a lift one of these days that was so adorable, veery attractive. She had quite a bit of acne and I can only imagine how much she beats herself up for that. I don't think that if she had a flawless skin she would be more attractive; she would be just as adorable as she is. I know how much acne can affect self-esteem, but I'm sharing just to comment that if there's any girl dealing with acne thinking that it's affecting your attractiveness, unless it's deforming your face, it's probably not. So, yeah, keep trying to improve it, because all in all it's reflecting something that's not right, but at the same time don't worry too much because it's likely that it isn't affecting your looks as you think that it is.

Oh, and one more thing: acne for sure affects both sexes and if it messes up your confidence it will affect your whole life, however concerning attractiveness only, it seems that women can still pull off being insecure, for men it's much more difficult.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals