Isotretinoin (accutane)

actually

I have attempted to fix my acne a multitude of ways, but none have worked. I have acne on my face, chest, back and arms. I have peated for a year, and have seen pretty much no results. I have tried diet (keto, peating, varying doses of Vitamin A, eating disgusting oysters and liver...), antiobiotics, topical stuff, etc...everything. Nothing has worked.

I am pretty much getting to the last straw here and am seriously contemplating accutane. I know Peat doesn't like it, and lot's of people say it's pretty much toxic. But I might be willing to sacrifice some years off the end of my life to end this haha.

What do you guys think? Can you convince me one way or the other?

T

tobieagle

Dont use it, just dont.

You have very probably NOT tried everything.
Do you have good temps/pulse yet? If not consider thyroid supp.
Have you tried a vitamin E supp? It potentiates the effects of eating liver for me.
Have you tried identifying foods to which you might react?
Do you really want to promote dangerous conventional medical practices like accutane?
I know many people who regret taking isotretinoin... But you have to decide.

OP
A

actually

I don't know about my temps/pulse but I think they should be fine. I do use thyroid and vitamin E. I don't really react negatively to foods. I ate only orange juice, milk and shell fish for a while and nothing changed. Now I eat white rice, OJ, milk and eggs. I do not react negatively to anything. No bloating, no gas, I eat as much as I want and don't gain weight (but I might be increasing my weight now that I am eating about 5000 calories and lifting 4 x week), my body temperature is a lot warmer now than doing keto stuff over 1.5 years ago.

To be honest, the only reason I started "dieting" is to fix my acne. I have no other symptoms at all. Almost no gas, no bloating, lot's of energy, fine libido, hair is fine (though I have gray hairs at an early age). My hands and feet do get cold, but that is probably just from living in a cold house, plus I eat 5000 calories and take thyroid so I doubt I am hypothyroid, but who knows.

OP
A

actually

I have tried vitamin A of varying doses all the way up to 100,000 IU, but I noticed no results. As for the raw honey, I have tried that, but I have not tried leaving it on over night per that testimonial.

paper_clips43

WARNING: TMI
This might sound gross but another remedy is not showering and washing as often. At least not as much as every day. If you feel like you stink then take a wash rag to your under arms if you have too.

Our bodies produce a natural oil that is anti bacterial.

I have never used raw honey but I have heard many positive results from it.

The one thing that cured my acne was not washing every day. I used to have really really bad cycstic acne on my face, back, chest, and even arms. I am happy to say that it is 99% cured now. I know it is possible to cure it naturally with out heavy medications.

Just wanted to let you know there is hope...

OP
A

actually

To be honest, I have tried that as well, but that did not work either...

HDD

I saved this post and have already posted it before but was rereading it and saw that aspirin helped his acne. It might be worth a try before accutane. Just supplement an appropriate amount of vitamin k.

"I take 5000mg daily, 1000mg 5 times a day. My high serotonin and estrogen symptoms disappeared, my acne, psiorasis and urticaria got much better and my blood circulation improved. I was hesitant to go over 1g too for a long time. For several weeks, I only took 500mg daily. But really, all the goodness with aspirin lies in the higher dosages. And I didn't have any negative side-effects yet. Not even nose-bleeding." - Dewitt

"There are many reasons to promote the use of aspirin. It has anti-estrogenic, anti-serotoninergic and anti-histaminic effects. It promotes the oxidation of glucose and inhibits the release of free fatty acids. And it inhibits the pituatary stress response, lowering ACTH and cortisol. It also increases testosterone levels and protects the dopaminergic system." - Dewitt

OP
A

actually

I am taking aspirin, but no where near that much. How much K should be supplemented with that dosage, 5mg?

HDD

"Milk is a rich natural source of tryptophan. Since tryptophan promotes formation of serotonin which stimulates release of prolactin, and prolactin activates the formation of sebum (oil) by the skin, large amounts of milk could promote a tendency toward acne, when there is a deficiency of b6, thyroid, progesterone, etc."

From "Nutrition for Women"

I am not sure about amount of k needed. I think there is a thread about dosage.

J

j.

1 mg of K per every 325 mg of aspirin.

I however just take like 5 drops (5 mg) of vitamin K even when I take small amounts of aspirin.

Ben

j. said:
1 mg of K per every 325 mg of aspirin.

I however just take like 5 drops (5 mg) of vitamin K even when I take small amounts of aspirin.
Is this an oral dosage? I was also wondering how much vitamin D would get absorbed by my skin, as opposed to an oral dose. Too much vitamin D can cause an increase in PTH. I don't want to take too little either since I'm experimenting with huge doses of vitamin A for acne (50,000 IU per day), and the ratio might get off.

OP: I'll see what kind of results I get from vitamin A in a couple of weeks or so. I have severe dandruff, and made a thread about it. It mentions acne a few times.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=3114

Suikerbuik

From my own personal experience, I can only admit what's been said previously - please stay away from it!

I used it aprox. half a decade ago at the age of 16. I didn't take anything into consideration as I trusted doc.. But since then it began going downwards quickly, it f*cked me up (huge stress for the body!). And from what I know now, I'd never use it again.

T

tobieagle

Haagendazendiane said:
"Milk is a rich natural source of tryptophan. Since tryptophan promotes formation of serotonin which stimulates release of prolactin, and prolactin activates the formation of sebum (oil) by the skin, large amounts of milk could promote a tendency toward acne, when there is a deficiency of b6, thyroid, progesterone, etc."

From "Nutrition for Women"

I am not sure about amount of k needed. I think there is a thread about dosage.

Good quote :)
Explains the positive effects of adding gelatin to my milk :)

Do you have a pdf version of Nutrition for Women?

OP
A

actually

So never ever try accutane, and I am basically SOL and should keep experimenting?

Vitamin A doesn't work (experimented from 5,000 IU to 100,000 IU)
Vitamin D/ Sunlight/ Red Light doesn't help.
Vitamin K & E don't work
Honey doesn't work
Thyroid doesn't work
Niacinamide doesn't work (Oral or topical)
B6 doesn't work
Oysters doesn't work and are gross as hell, same with shrimp, but less gross.
Aspirin doesn't work (topical & oral) but have yet to mega-dose it.
Cave man regimen doesn't help.
Oil Cleansing Method didn't help
Keto/Primal/PHD/Peat diets don't help.
Changing pillow cases and all that stuff doesn't help.
blargwargarblekajdfsjdf

Should I try to make sure I get plenty of each nutrient to make sure I am not deficient?

I was thinking of adding in Maple Syrup and Blackstrap molasses to ensure I get enough manganese and magnesium, and add in ground beef to help with Zinc:

2 Quarts of Milk + 1 tsp salt
2 Quarts of OJ + 1 tsp salt
2 Egg Yolks (Pastured)
2-4 Cups of Rice + .25 - .5 Cups Coconut Oil + liberal salt (Solid Food + manganese)
.25 cups of Maple Syrup (Manganese)
2 TBSP Black Strap Molasses (Magnesium + extra calcium)
1/4 Pound Grass Fed Ground Beef (Zinc + Selenium)

Supp - VA, VD, VK, VE, Aspirin, Niacinamide, Thyroid.

I know that you are supposed to avoid starch if you want to reduce inflammation, but I feel a lot better with more solid food, and I can definitely put away a lot of calories and not gain weight. Plus, as I mentioned earlier, my only symptom is acne, everything else is perfectly fine. Digestion, physical health/stamina, no bloating/minimal gas etc... And I also tried a perfect peat diet for about 1 year without starch and it didn't help, just kept me cold with all that liquid + fruits.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I've been taking that much for several months and one life extensions super k daily works for me.

Ben

I knew a skin-care expert who recommended restricting starches because they increase the incidence of acne. You still need to try replacing starchy foods in your diet with sugary ones. Starches cause a fast rise and fall in blood sugar, which leads to hunger more quickly, so you end up gaining weight when you eat them.

Suikerbuik

Well it's your life and it's your choice! But I regret my use and wish I had known what you already know (you know the stuff is highly toxic). Side effects do not have to occur in your case, I know.. but it's a harmfull substance in anyway. Saw this quote little while ago on the forum:

MAtt Stone wrote a great article in this month's 180d newsletter about moving away from targeting looks and moving toward self-expression. Quoting:

Matt Stone wrote:
replace those self-deprecating thoughts and that body image fixation with time spent cultivating your greatest skill, fulfilling your greatest pleasure, touching the lives of others with whatever gifts you’ve been given, and begin taking a large dose of the wonder drug Fukitol for additional support with that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals