Sleep On The Floor

montmorency

Funny - I used to do this all the time as a kid. I can't remember why. Just fancied a change I think, or I pretended I was camping.

I think I usually used to end up climbing back into bed before the night was out.

Used to do all sorts of odd things as a kid, like getting into large cardboard boxes in the back yard. I can still remember how it smelled if it started raining and the cardboard got wet....not unpleasant at all, but it did serve as a warning that my cardboard house was in danger of collapse....

Rolan

Are you serious about the veins Jenn?

I sleep on the floor from time to time(I hate soft beds, bleh). Anyhow, considering getting a 'Smoof', which are really comfortable but that may be a ***** move on my behalf. Otherwise a Jap futon could be the answer.

I find when I sleep on the floor I sleep less hours, which may not be a bad thing per se, and also that I wake up about 3 times in the night. Again, perhaps not a bad thing? If I had a girlfriend, I think sleeping on the floor would make that a real short relationship :lol:

chris

I had a period a year ago where I slept on the floor for a time, didn't notice anything noticably different.

mandance

I have a buddy who swears by sleeping on a floor. I havent tried it though. I love my king size bed too much :)

barefooter

I started sleeping with very little padding 3 months ago. I sleep on a doubled up sheep skin, which gets matted down quickly, so it's really very little padding over a hard laminate floor. I sleep soundly through the night and wake up without pain. I have a theory as to why sleeping on a harder surface may be beneficial, but I'm not sure if it's correct. I think it's more likely you'll sleep in a position of healthy posture with an elongated spine. I sleep on my side, and find that I'm only comfortable in very specific positions on a hard surface, which tend towards having a more natural posture and elongated spine. I think it may be similar to running with minimal or no shoes, in that you get more feedback, and can adjust accordingly. On a bed with very thick padding, you get no feedback, and can end up in positions that are not as healthy, just as you can run in terrible ways with thickly padded shoes.

If you want to know more about proper sleep posture, checkout the work of Esther Gokhale.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Jib

I've been sleeping on the floor for years. I use a papasan chair cushion, a blanket and a pillow.

Haven't fallen out of bed since.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Jib said:
:rolling

I have been sleeping on the floor for about a month and its totally the way I want to sleep now. When I went over to a friends it was so easy to just sleep anywhere I wanted. I curled up next to the couch on the floor. :lol:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Charlie said:
Jib said:
:rolling

I have been sleeping on the floor for about a month and its totally the way I want to sleep now. When I went over to a friends it was so easy to just sleep anywhere I wanted. I curled up next to the couch on the floor. :lol:

Some mornings I am just laying there thinking how is this so comfortable? :crazy:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yes. :D

Dean

So, this is all about alleviating back discomfort or is there another motivation? I did this for a bit a few years ago when I was studying Roman Stoic philosophy. (Sleep Like A Stoic...wasn't that a Bangles song?) Stopped when winter rolled around. Haven't really done it outside of the month long camping trip I took last summer. I never really got over the soreness when waking up. I do, however, seem to feel better rested throughout the day.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I haven't experienced the increased dreams, I dont think. But other then that he is pretty much spot on.

Parsifal

Charlie, I am researching methods on how to improve dreams vivdness (lucid dreaming) and visualization. I am reading stuff about biophotons by Fritz Albert Popp because I believe that dreams and hypnagonic hallucinations are related to biophotons. Could be DMT secreted by the pineal gland as well which is likely to happen when your serotonin is low as LSD and such drugs seems to be anti-serotoninergic?

Lucid dreaming websites advise some herbs to improve dream vividness, don't know what to think about it in a Peat paradigm though.

Brian

Parsifal said:
Charlie, I am researching methods on how to improve dreams vivdness (lucid dreaming) and visualization. I am reading stuff about biophotons by Fritz Albert Popp because I believe that dreams and hypnagonic hallucinations are related to biophotons. Could be DMT secreted by the pineal gland as well which is likely to happen when your serotonin is low as LSD and such drugs seems to be anti-serotoninergic?

Lucid dreaming websites advise some herbs to improve dream vividness, don't know what to think about it in a Peat paradigm though.

I notice vivid dreams from both magnesium and DHEA supplementation. And these are pleasant dreams, not at all like the stressed induced ones from extremely spicy food, too much B6, or some other stress in reaction to an herb or being too cold.

Giraffe

Charlie said:
Nice find!

He often points out that the vertebrae are streched and realign themselves, and that gravity shuts the mouth.

Has anyone tried this posture?

tetm6245.f5.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals