Low Tsh And Psychosis

jaguar43

I have been been on cyomel and cynoplus for a few months, I went to the doctor blood work a few days ago and when the results return, my doctor had sad that I will become "psychotic" because my tsh was at 0.1 ( i have been enjoying the "thyroid storm").

I plan on showing him some of the studies on ray peat's website that showed rats with low pituitary hormones live longer, and how keeping low tsh can help with cancers and longevity.

I remember in a ray peat interview how a patient that kept receiving t4 became more and more psychotic, but once given t3 she came back to normal. Is there any documentation on this or was it only by word of mouth.

For any of those who don't know me, I have a background in autoimmune disease and have growth and developmental problems when I was younger. I use to have flat feet that i couldn't even walk and now I have a arch development and " not so flat feet" due to thyroid supplementation. When I was diagnosis with "my autoimmune disease"( I use it in this tense because they said I had a mixture of two autoimmune disease, vasculitis and Kawasaki) I had heart valve leakage, but after using some of ray peats therapies, there is no leaking. So i pretty much had success with ray peats work.

If anyone could post of some studies that having low tsh will not have a negative impact on health, or relative studies and topics, by all means please post. I will appreciate much thank you.

4peatssake

jag2594 said:
I have been been on cyomel and cynoplus for a few months, I went to the doctor blood work a few days ago and when the results return, my doctor had sad that I will become "psychotic" because my tsh was at 0.1 ( i have been enjoying the "thyroid storm").

I plan on showing him some of the studies on ray peat's website that showed rats with low pituitary hormones live longer, and how keeping low tsh can help with cancers and longevity.

I remember in a ray peat interview how a patient that kept receiving t4 became more and more psychotic, but once given t3 she came back to normal. Is there any documentation on this or was it only by word of mouth.

For any of those who don't know me, I have a background in autoimmune disease and have growth and developmental problems when I was younger. I use to have flat feet that i couldn't even walk and now I have a arch development and " not so flat feet" due to thyroid supplementation. When I was diagnosis with "my autoimmune disease"( I use it in this tense because they said I had a mixture of two autoimmune disease, vasculitis and Kawasaki) I had heart valve leakage, but after using some of ray peats therapies, there is no leaking. So i pretty much had success with ray peats work.

If anyone could post of some studies that having low tsh will not have a negative impact on health, or relative studies and topics, by all means please post. I will appreciate much thank you.

This perhaps may help.

From RP article TSH, temperature, pulse rate, and other indicators in hypothyroidism http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/hypothyroidism.shtml

Ray Peat said:
In recent years the “normal range” for TSH has been decreasing. In 2003, the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists changed their guidelines for the normal range to 0.3 to 3.0 microIU/ml. But even though this lower range is less arbitrary than the older standards, it still isn't based on an understanding of the physiological meaning of TSH.

Over a period of several years, I never saw a person whose TSH was over 2 microIU/ml who was comfortably healthy, and I formed the impression that the normal, or healthy, quantity was probably something less than 1.0.

If a pathologically high TSH is defined as normal, its role in major diseases, such as breast cancer, mastalgia, MS, fibrotic diseases, and epilepsy, will simply be ignored. Even if the possibility is considered, the use of an irrational norm, instead of a proper comparison, such as the statistical difference between the mean TSH levels of cases and controls, leads to denial of an association between hypothyroidism and important diseases, despite evidence that indicates an association.

Some critics have said that most physicians are “treating the TSH,” rather than the patient. If TSH is itself pathogenic, because of its pro-inflammatory actions, then that approach isn't entirely useless, even when they “treat the TSH” with only thyroxine, which often isn't well converted into the active triiodothyronine, T3. But the relief of a few symptoms in a small percentage of the population is serving to blind the medical world to the real possibilities of thyroid therapy.

TSH has direct actions on many cell types other than the thyroid, and probably contributes directly to edema (Wheatley and Edwards, 1983), fibrosis, and mastocytosis. If people are concerned about the effects of a TSH “deficiency,” then I think they have to explain the remarkable longevity of the animals lacking pituitaries in W.D. Denckla's experiments, or of the naturally pituitary deficient dwarf mice that lack TSH, prolactin, and growth hormone, but live about a year longer than normal mice (Heiman, et al., 2003). Until there is evidence that very low TSH is somehow harmful, there is no basis for setting a lower limit to the normal range.
Some types of thyroid cancer can usually be controlled by keeping TSH completely suppressed. Since TSH produces reactions in cells as different as fibroblasts and fat cells, pigment cells in the skin, mast cells and bone marrow cells (Whetsell, et al., 1999), it won't be surprising if it turns out to have a role in the development of a variety of cancers, including melanoma.

jyb

Of course, your doctor will freak out when he sees that the TSH is outside the usual range. I went from 6 to 0.01 and he told me it was better to be hypo (6 of TSH) than having a low TSH which would cause "thyroiditis". I did not believe him once instant, I think he knows very little about thyroid and should have the decency not to give me any advice.

4peatssake

Mittir said:
There is a major study from Norway ( HUNT study) showed how normal range of TSH is flawed. They only used TSH from .5 to 3.5. But they showed that current normal range is harmful.

http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/article ... eid=414170

http://eje-online.org/content/156/2/181.long

http://www.drdach.com/Thyroid_Hunt_Study_TSH.html

http://blog.trackyourplaque.com/2008/06 ... -high.html

Holy Cow!

From the third link provided.

Results of the Hunt Study below:

TSH Death from Heart Disease
Group 1 0.50-1.4 baseline risk
Group 2 1.5-2.4 40% higher than baseline
Group 3 2.5-3.5 70% higher than baseline

This Finding is Earthshaking !!

This Finding is Earthshaking !! This means that merely by taking natural thyroid pills to reduce TSH to the low end of "normal" (0.5), one can reduce death from cardiovascular disease by 70 percent. This mortality benefit is mind boggling and far exceeds any drug intervention available.

:yipes

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Mark Starr MD said:
Desiccated thyroid reduced heart attacks by 94% in Broda Barnes MD PhD's patients vs the famous Framingham study.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Iil14uYoo[/media]

jyb

4peatssake said:
Holy Cow!

This Finding is Earthshaking !! This means that merely by taking natural thyroid pills to reduce TSH to the low end of "normal" (0.5), one can reduce death from cardiovascular disease by 70 percent. This mortality benefit is mind boggling and far exceeds any drug intervention available.

No it does not show that. It just shows that there is a correlation between low TSH and low incidence of heart disease. So people who tend to have low TSH also tend to have low disease. But this alone is not enough to prove that taking some thyroid to reduce TSH will make you as healthy as those in Group 1. However, after reading RP, we believe its more or less the case due to believing thyroid health being fundamental.

4peatssake

jyb said:
4peatssake said:
Holy Cow!

No it does not show that. It just shows that there is a correlation between low TSH and low incidence of heart disease. So people who tend to have low TSH also tend to have low disease. But this alone is not enough to prove that taking some thyroid to reduce TSH will make you as healthy as those in Group 1. However, after reading RP, we believe its more or less the case due to believing thyroid health being fundamental.

So, you're saying that Jeffery Dach's "interpretation" of the results is incorrect jyb?

jyb

No he's probably right, just saying the correlations alone don't prove it. They certainly discredit all those doctors refusing to prescribe thyroid "because TSH is already low".

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Low TSH is bad for business. :shh:

4peatssake

Charlie said:
Low TSH is bad for business. :shh:

Yep. And heart disease and cancer ARE big business.

Giraffe

jag2594 said:
post 17587 I plan on showing him some of the studies on ray peat's website that showed rats with low pituitary hormones live longer, and how keeping low tsh can help with cancers and longevity.
Sorry for ressurecting an old thread. I am curious how the story continued. Your doctor was very pleased, and ever since he is giving you flowers each time you visit him, right? ;)

jag2594 said:
post 17587 For any of those who don't know me, I have a background in autoimmune disease and have growth and developmental problems when I was younger. I use to have flat feet that i couldn't even walk and now I have a arch development and " not so flat feet" due to thyroid supplementation. When I was diagnosis with "my autoimmune disease"( I use it in this tense because they said I had a mixture of two autoimmune disease, vasculitis and Kawasaki) I had heart valve leakage, but after using some of ray peats therapies, there is no leaking. So i pretty much had success with ray peats work.
Awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
J

jaguar43

Giraffe said:
post 107076
jag2594 said:
post 17587 I plan on showing him some of the studies on ray peat's website that showed rats with low pituitary hormones live longer, and how keeping low tsh can help with cancers and longevity.
Sorry for ressurecting an old thread. I am curious how the story continued. Your doctor was very pleased, and ever since he is giving you flowers each time you visit him, right? ;)

jag2594 said:
post 17587 For any of those who don't know me, I have a background in autoimmune disease and have growth and developmental problems when I was younger. I use to have flat feet that i couldn't even walk and now I have a arch development and " not so flat feet" due to thyroid supplementation. When I was diagnosis with "my autoimmune disease"( I use it in this tense because they said I had a mixture of two autoimmune disease, vasculitis and Kawasaki) I had heart valve leakage, but after using some of ray peats therapies, there is no leaking. So i pretty much had success with ray peats work.
Awesome!

He seem impressed, but did't follow with prescribing because he said he could get license revoke. Most doctors seem satisfied if you bring in studies or evidence proving your argument. I am sure not every doctor is the same though.

Spondive

I have been taking NDT 3 or more grains a day for 28 years after my lymphoma diagnosis and have been cancer free and in decent health. I recently had CT scan of my heart and have a zero calcium score in my arteries and an almost zero risk of arteriosclerosis and heart disease. Is it because of thyroid or something else? My TSH has been less than 0.1 for years

Giraffe

jag2594 said:
post 107103 He seem impressed, but did't follow with prescribing because he said he could get license revoke. Most doctors seem satisfied if you bring in studies or evidence proving your argument. I am sure not every doctor is the same though.
You seem to have made good experiences with your doctors. Lucky you! :)

Did you cope without thyroid meds? Or did you have a chance to buy them on your own?

OP
J

jaguar43

Giraffe said:
post 107212
jag2594 said:
post 107103 He seem impressed, but did't follow with prescribing because he said he could get license revoke. Most doctors seem satisfied if you bring in studies or evidence proving your argument. I am sure not every doctor is the same though.
You seem to have made good experiences with your doctors. Lucky you! :)

Did you cope without thyroid meds? Or did you have a chance to buy them on your own?

Yea, I just buy them on my own now.