SolBan - Liquid Aspirin/Caffeine/Niacinamide Mix

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Dotdash said:
post 116991 If a person wanted to experiment with SolBan for hair loss issues, how would one go about doing it. Should it be left on all day, or is there a minimum/maximum absorption time frame after which it could be washed out?

There is no need to wash off SolBan. As far as I know most people using it for hair loss apply it twice a day - morning and night - and do not purposefully wash it off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peata

classicallady said:
post 101904 Peata,

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for getting back to me-- I'll keep you posted!

After daily application of more than 3 months, there was no improvement. Looks like shedding continued. I don't think the product is marketed for hair regrowth, but we did want to give it a try for that just in case. Application was 1 x day, so perhaps more applications would have worked better, but I was lucky to get even that compliance from them. So, that's my update. Hope others have better luck with it if they are trying it for hair loss. I will use the rest of the bottle this spring/summer for sun exposure.

Peata

Actually, I think I will use the rest of the SolBan alternately with MelaNon on those scars/places I have been treating with MelaNon for the last 7.5 weeks. To see if it speeds up the results. Does this sound like a good idea? SolBan in the a.m., MelaNon in the p.m., or vice versa.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Peata said:
post 118149 Actually, I think I will use the rest of the SolBan alternately with MelaNon on those scars/places I have been treating with MelaNon for the last 7.5 weeks. To see if it speeds up the results. Does this sound like a good idea? SolBan in the a.m., MelaNon in the p.m., or vice versa.

I don't see a reason why not. Naringenin and apigenin in MelaNon are GABA agonists so the make you sleepy. Thus, it is a good idea to use MelaNon at night, as you mentioned.

Peata

It seems to have speeded up the process to use them in the same day like that. The skinned-knee scar seems a little lighter and smaller after a week.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Peata said:
post 118938 It seems to have speeded up the process to use them in the same day like that. The skinned-knee scar seems a little lighter and smaller after a week.

Good news! Thanks, and keep us posted.

scarlettsmum

I was just going to report that I have been using solban 1x day in the morning instead of my usual sunscreen and it has lightened and in some instances even made my pigmentation disappear from my face. Considering that I have been using retin-A for so long and no results, I'm really impressed and only after 2 months. Now I'm tempted by the melanon for night use as well.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
scarlettsmum said:
post 119222 I was just going to report that I have been using solban 1x day in the morning instead of my usual sunscreen and it has lightened and in some instances even made my pigmentation disappear from my face. Considering that I have been using retin-A for so long and no results, I'm really impressed and only after 2 months. Now I'm tempted by the melanon for night use as well.

Awesome, glad it helped! In addition to MelaNon, topical EstroBan may also have positive effect on facial skin health (and skin elsewhere on the body).

LoveBlood

After daily application of more than 3 months, there was no improvement. Looks like shedding continued. I don't think the product is marketed for hair regrowth, but we did want to give it a try for that just in case. Application was 1 x day, so perhaps more applications would have worked better, but I was lucky to get even that compliance from them. So, that's my update. Hope others have better luck with it if they are trying it for hair loss. I will use the rest of the bottle this spring/summer for sun exposure.

Hold up, are you saying that you still had some left from a single bottle after 3 months of application? How many sprays were you using in the daily application?

johnwester130

Would it be dangerous to mix dmso into this ?

I read DMSO will amplify each supplement by about 10 times.

cpaqf1

Would it be dangerous to mix dmso into this ?

I read DMSO will amplify each supplement by about 10 times.

haidut said that these ingredients are better absorbed with water/ethanol. Also, DMSO probably doesn't improve caffeine absorption which is usually close to 100%.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
haidut said that these ingredients are better absorbed with water/ethanol. Also, DMSO probably doesn't improve caffeine absorption which is usually close to 100%.

This.
DMSO is best used for steroids since it definitely potentiates their effect and absorption. Aspirin, caffeine and niacinamide absorb just fine in ethanol/water solution. Especially caffeine, which is both water and lipid soluble.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Good topically for eczema?

Can't say anything directly about eczema since it is an FDA-designated condition. But each of the ingredients of SolBan has been studied for eczema. If you look at the studies, you will find what you need.

Elie

Forum Supporter
How have some users of this formula applied it on the skin in similar cases? how many drops and how often?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
How have some users of this formula applied it on the skin in similar cases? how many drops and how often?

It's a spray suplement, so covering the area with a few sprays is enough. The ponts is to get the area just a tad moist s that it has a fine mist over it, not drench it with liquid to the point of the drops starting to drip down an fall off. This usually means just a few sprays even on a larger area like your forearm. This way the supplement will also last longer.