Ray Peat- Thyroid supp for lifetime?

The-WC

Hey I was wondering if I start taking desiccated thyroid for say 7 months or however long really and come off it it, will my thyroid be suppressed long term? I came across this Ray Peat quote where he seems to say there is no risk in that and it will resume to normal function in 3 days:

"Experimenters using isotopes gave large doses of thyroid until the subjects' glands were completely shut off, and when they stopped giving the doses, everyone's gland returned to normal activity in just 2 or 3 days. The gland is extremely quick to adjust its activity, both up and down, except when it's inhibited by stress, or PUFA, or estrogen, etc. [TAKING THYROID WILL HAVE LONG-TERM EFFECTS] "

What say you?

James_001

The-WC said:
post 117516 Hey I was wondering if I start taking desiccated thyroid for say 7 months or however long really and come off it it, will my thyroid be suppressed long term? I came across this Ray Peat quote where he seems to say there is no risk in that and it will resume to normal function in 3 days:

"Experimenters using isotopes gave large doses of thyroid until the subjects' glands were completely shut off, and when they stopped giving the doses, everyone's gland returned to normal activity in just 2 or 3 days. The gland is extremely quick to adjust its activity, both up and down, except when it's inhibited by stress, or PUFA, or estrogen, etc. [TAKING THYROID WILL HAVE LONG-TERM EFFECTS] "

What say you?

I came off after a few years and I feel fine. The first week is weird, but it comes back.

Last edited by a moderator:

answersfound

Yea stay away...you don't want your thyroid to shut down.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals