What Blood Tests Should I Get?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am just gonna stay the course with eating correctly and keeping stress down as much as possible.

Not gonna worry about it. I tried. It's the best I can do. Don't have the extra funds to put towards tests myself.

chris

I'm not sure if I'm missing something but why is anyone getting tests at all? All the things we talk about are moving all the hormones in the right direction, or are people wondering about what drugs to take?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am trying to get a baseline of where I am on some tests, and on others that I have already taken I want to see if there is improvement. If my serotonin was high, and prolactin. I was going to consider pharmaceutical methods to bring those down.

kiran

It's always useful to make sure that reality matches our perception of things. I would be doing a lot more testing if I had the dough. I definitely would like to check for serotonin, estrogens and prolactin.

Someone mentioned somewhere that their phosphate level was really high, probably due to low calcium and too much meat, that would be really useful to know.

J

j.

chris said:
I'm not sure if I'm missing something but why is anyone getting tests at all? All the things we talk about are moving all the hormones in the right direction, or are people wondering about what drugs to take?

The first time I did it because I was wondering whether RP's ideas were right, and if the improvements were reflected on a thyroid panel. Another reason one might do it is that RP likes TSH to be below 1, and one might want to see if one reached that point just out of curiosity.

Kelly

I am interested, did your doctors run these tests just because you asked for them? Are they standard doctors or wholistic? I go to get my vitamin d levels rechecked at the end of this month, might see if I can get any of these tests done.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Well, my doctor SAID to come back in and he will run what tests I would like. I now think he SAID that so I would come back in and that racks up another visit for him. Because when I produced the tests I wanted I got this whole rigamaro of yada yada yada this and that oh and your experts dont know crap and I am all knowing doctor and this will test this and no need for that and BLAH BLAH BLAH. So basically I got nothing of what I wanted, but he got me in for another visit, and then another visit to go over the tests I am sure. So basically he squeezed me for two more visits. :roll:

Hopefully you will have a more understanding doctor.

Strongbad

This thread should be stickied. I've been looking for list of blood tests to take since my hair keeps thinning despite heavy ray peat & low-prolactin diet

Xisca

I was surprised to see CO2 in the blood test! Can you explain its use please?

I have planned to go to a lab and ask what they can do here.... And then also the cost, and then i will try to get the doctor's prescription for what I want.... Don't know how long it is goiing to take to get all this done! I stopped progesteron and t4 so as to not disturb the results.

Jennifer

In case anyone is interested, Ray told me in an email exchange this past February that "Whole blood serotonin isn't very informative, because it isn't harmful when it's bound in the platelets, and harmful when it's free in the plasma; urine 5-HIAA (a serotonin metabolite) is an easy test."

Onehumin

You will need an understanding Doc to get full blood work done. Try for a full panel, but the main focus around Rays approach is related to thyroid function. Ask for a reverse thyroid test I believe he calls it. First make sure you do the temperature test in the mornings and record several weeks of temperatures upon rising and 20 minutes or more after you eat your first meal. This may also help your doctor understand why you want complete blood work and justify the cost to an insurer.
Remember everything they do has to be justified to their puppet masters in case of grievance.

Your temp and heart rate should be elevated in the AM so records show your interested and serious.
You can make a general Google on this issue and you will be directed to past interviews or articles related to you question.
Peace

thegiantess

Ideal lab levels?

[moderator edit: topics merged]

Is there a thread out there which lists what the ideal labs would be according to the Peat way of thinking? Haidut is always talking about labs on the podcast, but once you get them.. how to interpret? Specifically, I am interested in ideal levels for TSH, T3, T4, total cholesterol, HDL and LDL.

Additionally, if you have any further thoughts/resources on CO2 values, blood glucose, vit d that would be great too!

Anyone know where I can find this info? I have tried searching to no avail. Thanks!

Giraffe

Ideal lab levels?

thegiantess said:
post 115953 Anyone know where I can find this info? I have tried searching to no avail. Thanks!
There are bits a pieces here and there. Most information you will find here:

Health > Labs - more general
Ask for Help or Advice < Blood Work, Labs - more specific users

I would specifically look out for posts of Mittir and Haidut.

Have you seen the search function in Quick Links? This is my favorite way to search for key words or posts of specific users.

Last edited by a moderator:

thegiantess

Ideal lab levels?

Giraffe said:
thegiantess said:
post 115953 Anyone know where I can find this info? I have tried searching to no avail. Thanks!
There are bits a pieces here and there. Most information you will find here:

Health > Labs - more general
Ask for Help or Advice < Blood Work, Labs - more specific users

I would specifically look out for posts of Mittir and Haidut.

Have you seen the search function in Quick Links? This is my favorite way to search for key words or posts of specific users.

Hi, thanks for the input, but I still don't find anything of relevance. I imagine if I combed through every post where someone has asked for help I might find something. Ah well.

Giraffe

Ideal lab levels?

thegiantess said:
post 116107 Hi, thanks for the input, but I still don't find anything of relevance. I imagine if I combed through every post where someone has asked for help I might find something. Ah well.
You might find interesting answers to questions you have not asked yet :lol: , but it's not necessary to comb trough all posts in order to find information about lab values. I did a quick search:

post 104864 RP thinks ideally TSH should be below 0.4 and he has never seen a person comfortably healthy with
TSH above 2. Low TSH does not mean one has good thyroid function.
You will need Total T4, total T3 and reverse T3 with TSH to get a good idea about your
thyroid status.
post 106368 RP recommends total T3 and total T4 tests. You will need to know
reverse T3 to interpret free T3. His general commendation is that
total T4 in lower end of normal range and Total T3 at the higher end
of normal

Edit to exchange quote on prolactin for a more complete one:

Mittir said:
post 18650 RP thinks prolactin is a major indicator of good health and it should be 4-7 for male fertility and for female 2- 12. Normal lab range used to be 2-12.
Interviews mentioned by Mittir:
Hair loss, inflammation and osteoporosis - KMUD, 2011-15-07 ... (transcript)
Estrogen vs Progesterone, - East West Healing, 2011-03-15

Attachments

• search lab.GIF
    search lab.GIF
    70.5 KB · Views: 260

Giraffe

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals