Acne

gretchen

This thread is just to generally discuss acne- causes, cures you may have tried, etc.

narouz

"Cream, butter, eggs, and liver are good sources of vitamin A. When people supplement thyroid and eat liver once or twice a week, their acne and dandruff (and many other problems) usually clear up very quickly. It was acne and dandruff that led me into studying the steroids and thyroid, and in the process I found that they were related to constipation and food sensitivity." -Dr. Ray Peat

jyb

On a basic RP diet I stopped having large cystic acne, or at least it became very rare. However, the scars, redness and rosacea remained for a while. I knew it was bound to improve, since over time (years) skin would be able to heal if acne stopped forming.

However after a few months the redness noticeably faded within just a day or two (it's been a few weeks now). At the same time, I had been beginning to tweak a few things:
- D/K2 supplementation. I was doing D only until then.
- straining my OJ (a la Danny Roddy). I believe this is quite important regardless: I assumed the freshly squeezed pulp-free OJ I buy was ok, but when I strain I'm amazed at the massive amount of pulp. Also, I stopped doing any non fresh OJ, whether concentrate or non-concentrate. Although it makes things a lot more difficult, I realized that the enzymes or other processing required in the non-fresh OJ might be harmful.
- Niacinamide might be helpful for acne (more than redness). I don't know yet whether its a coincidence, but I seem to prevent new spots when I take 100mg spread throughout the day. I experimented following Cliff's posts.
- Oysters a bit more frequently. I thought its copper content might help with that and also in healthy generally.

jyb

What also seems to help healing and to kill any new forming spot is about 15-30mins exposure to a 250W IR lamp. I'm not sure if its due to the red component, claimed to be healing, or just the fact that it heats the face and brings blood to outer layers.

I got the impression that IR lamp has been more effective than other things like eating liver. I could be wrong.

OP
G

gretchen

I took the standard treatments, Accutane, and later, the birth control pill. I seem to have "grown out" of acne, and no longer break out much anywhere except my chest.

Kamran

Low carb made reduced my acne quite a bit for a while but then increased a little bit and then leveled off there. I was very prone to breakouts from foods outside my low carb diet and was way more sensitive to environmental factors. Definitely not recommended.

I've found luckily that when my entire body feels warmer, my whiteheads pretty much go down to zero and my skin starts repairing itself again. So my focus for acne has been on getting my body temp up and keeping up the liver and oysters adequately which works beautifully when I can manage to keep my temp up consistently, which is a little more difficult than I thought it would be.

Jellyfish

Fergale said:
Hi Gretchen,
Like to share some effective tips to get rid of acne here. Do add fruits and vegetables more in your daily diet and add nuts and seeds more in your diet meals. Increase your water intake and drink plenty of water daily and limit refined carbohydrates and sugar intake. Manage stress with regular workouts and limit dairy products and red meat.

You must be new here :)

jaa

Hi Fergale,

I think people here can agree with 3 or 4 of those. :)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Fergale is a spammer that the spam software somehow missed. Fergale has been terminated.

Attachments

• terminated.jpg
    terminated.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 3,195

Mastemah

Dairy 'causes' acne because it increases metabolism. Increase metabolism beyond what your nutrients can support, and 'skin failure' can be the result. Liver, liver and oysters, sometimes copper can all help. Low A is most common especially if you are getting sun on your face.

You often see the reverse and I have tested it with the people I work on many times. They try soy 'milk' and their skin issues go away. And their pulse and temp drops. They g back to milk, pulse and temp increases, acne returns.

If you can afford full fat raw milk thats good. But even store brand skim milk can be ok. Just might need more nutrients from other sources

bohogirl

Dairy 'causes' acne because it increases metabolism. Increase metabolism beyond what your nutrients can support, and 'skin failure' can be the result. Liver, liver and oysters, sometimes copper can all help. Low A is most common especially if you are getting sun on your face.

You often see the reverse and I have tested it with the people I work on many times. They try soy 'milk' and their skin issues go away. And their pulse and temp drops. They g back to milk, pulse and temp increases, acne returns.

If you can afford full fat raw milk thats good. But even store brand skim milk can be ok. Just might need more nutrients from other sources

Can they now drink milk without getting acne? What nutrients do they take and how much?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals