Can't Focus On Schoolwork - Feel Like It's Actually Gotten Worse Since Peating, Any Tips?

FredSonoma

I love Peating. I see myself doing it for the foreseeable future and looking back on starting it as a pivotal moment in my life.

HOWEVER, I am getting the worst grades I have ever gotten in my life - not entirely due to Peating, but possibly related. I have finals this week, and as I sit in front of my computer, with so much to do, I am here... I am on YouTube... etc... I have so much trouble just making myself do my work.

Could this be low dopamine making me constantly searching for some kind of quick fix?

I also notice I am significantly more distracted in the mornings (I also often feel verrrry tired after eating in the morning).

I also wonder if Peating has actually made me less anxious, more impulsive, and more "alpha." Back before Peating, I definitely felt more "beta." But I was more able to just sit and do my work. I definitely feel more energetic, aggressive, stronger libido, and out-going since starting Peating 6 months ago. When I imagine someone very "alpha," like a UFC fighter like Chad McGregor or maybe someone like Brad Pitt, I have trouble imagining them cooping up in their room doing mindless, boring homework for hours, and I imagine they are quite healthy. When I imagine someone like Mark Zuckerberg, who doesn't seem extremely unhealthy, but less healthy than a highly-testosteroned male, I can imagine him being better at doing homework for hours.

I have no trouble sitting for hours on my computer and composing music or doing something I like - but when it comes to doing this stupid, meaningless homework... I am having a lot of trouble. I am a senior and my mom is gonna destroy me if I fail a class lol. Of course I think this is more a problem of doing things that have no instrinsic meaning to me, but nonetheless I am kind of stuck. I have talked often with my mom about leaving school and of course, in the end, it is up to me, but my mom would be really upset with me and she has done a lot for me so I can't do it.

Anyone have tricks for getting themselves to sit down and focus?

answersfound

I was in a very similar situation to you. I got ill and started screwing up classes. I was SO fatigued and didn't know what to do. I felt like I was dying and had not discovered Peat yet. I dropped all classes and just stayed at school while continuing to pay rent. Then I went back for a fifth year and still felt miserable. But i had started peating but still was truly clueless. I wanted to drop out and just not graduate. However, I pushed myself to get it done because I wanted so badly to just have that degree and be done. And I am SO glad I did. I know motivation is probably low and you just want to give up but you gotta push man. Just commit yourself to doing whatever you gotta do to pass the classes. Make it your absolute obsession. Also, did you start the nutri-meds thyroid or whatever you are deciding to use? That will help you tremendously. Don't worry about dopamine. Just take thyroid after a meal and take in a enough calories. No cypro either. It's not good to mess around with that while your trying to prepare for exams. Maybe pregnenolone. But just try and introduce thyroid and pregnenolone slowly and I guarantee you will see some improvement in the coming days and weeks.

ThunderSpank

Its possible your dopamine is higher and you just have a stronger desire to "get out" and do more of what you desire. Unfortunately in the society that we live in, that's not always an option.

OP
F

FredSonoma

answersfound said:
post 114852 I was in a very similar situation to you. I got ill and started screwing up classes. I was SO fatigued and didn't know what to do. I felt like I was dying and had not discovered Peat yet. I dropped all classes and just stayed at school while continuing to pay rent. Then I went back for a fifth year and still felt miserable. But i had started peating but still was truly clueless. I wanted to drop out and just not graduate. However, I pushed myself to get it done because I wanted so badly to just have that degree and be done. And I am SO glad I did. I know motivation is probably low and you just want to give up but you gotta push man. Just commit yourself to doing whatever you gotta do to pass the classes. Make it your absolute obsession. Also, did you start the nutri-meds thyroid or whatever you are deciding to use? That will help you tremendously. Don't worry about dopamine. Just take thyroid after a meal and take in a enough calories. No cypro either. It's not good to mess around with that while your trying to prepare for exams. Maybe pregnenolone. But just try and introduce thyroid and pregnenolone slowly and I guarantee you will see some improvement in the coming days and weeks.

Okay thanks man, I haven't started the nutri-meds because I'm afraid of the silica and the lysine / leucine - I've yet to take a supplement that didn't bother my stomach. I'm about to sleep - is now a good time to try an 1/8 of a capsule? I've never tried pregnenolone, except in Pansterone, which I always felt gave me a weird estrogenic reaction (made me feel beta, weak, low libido, feminine)

I also somewhat suspect that taking thyroid hormone (from fish head soup) or too much caffeine makes it too hard for me to get enough because I don't eat starch... I'm just drinking fkin OJ / milk / soda all day and I just can't get enough calories for the amount of water, even though I'm adding sugar to everything (except the soda lol).

Edit: Wow I just opened the nutri-meds bottle and sniffed it and there is somewhat of a similar smell to the fish head soup... was not expecting that

Last edited by a moderator:

answersfound

FredSonoma said:
post 114868
answersfound said:
post 114852 I was in a very similar situation to you. I got ill and started screwing up classes. I was SO fatigued and didn't know what to do. I felt like I was dying and had not discovered Peat yet. I dropped all classes and just stayed at school while continuing to pay rent. Then I went back for a fifth year and still felt miserable. But i had started peating but still was truly clueless. I wanted to drop out and just not graduate. However, I pushed myself to get it done because I wanted so badly to just have that degree and be done. And I am SO glad I did. I know motivation is probably low and you just want to give up but you gotta push man. Just commit yourself to doing whatever you gotta do to pass the classes. Make it your absolute obsession. Also, did you start the nutri-meds thyroid or whatever you are deciding to use? That will help you tremendously. Don't worry about dopamine. Just take thyroid after a meal and take in a enough calories. No cypro either. It's not good to mess around with that while your trying to prepare for exams. Maybe pregnenolone. But just try and introduce thyroid and pregnenolone slowly and I guarantee you will see some improvement in the coming days and weeks.

Okay thanks man, I haven't started the nutri-meds because I'm afraid of the silica and the lysine / leucine - I've yet to take a supplement that didn't bother my stomach. I'm about to sleep - is now a good time to try an 1/8 of a capsule? I've never tried pregnenolone, except in Pansterone, which I always felt gave me a weird estrogenic reaction (made me feel beta, weak, low libido, feminine)

I also somewhat suspect that taking thyroid hormone (from fish head soup) or too much caffeine makes it too hard for me to get all my calories because I don't eat starch... I'm just drinking fkin OJ / milk / soda all day and I just can't get enough calories for the amount of water.

Yea, definitely get on the thyroid. And focus on calorie dense foods. 4 pastured eggs and orange juice is a good breakfast. Then take a quarter of the nutrimeds capsule. Then take another quarter of the capsule after lunch. Keep your dose at a quarter and space it out throughout true day up to one capsule. Do this for like a week or two but listen to your body. Pregnenolone is completely safe. I would stay under 100 mg per day. Low fat Greek yogurt and cheese with fruit, steak with a real sugar Pepsi, coconut oil fried chips are a couple straight forward simple meals. Thyroid and pregnenolone are peats first recommendations usually for good reason. And aspirin i find great for fixing digestive issues. Silica isn't great but I think you should still take the thyroid.

OP
F

FredSonoma

answersfound said:
post 114869
FredSonoma said:
post 114868
answersfound said:

I also somewhat suspect that taking thyroid hormone (from fish head soup) or too much caffeine makes it too hard for me to get all my calories because I don't eat starch... I'm just drinking fkin OJ / milk / soda all day and I just can't get enough calories for the amount of water.

Yea, definitely get on the thyroid. And focus on calorie dense foods. 4 pastured eggs and orange juice is a good breakfast. Then take a quarter of the nutrimeds capsule. Then take another quarter of the capsule after lunch. Keep your dose at a quarter and space it out throughout true day up to one capsule. Do this for like a week or two but listen to your body. Pregnenolone is completely safe. I would stay under 100 mg per day. Low fat Greek yogurt and cheese with fruit, steak with a real sugar Pepsi, coconut oil fried chips are a couple straight forward simple meals. Thyroid and pregnenolone are peats first recommendations usually for good reason. And aspirin i find great for fixing digestive issues. Silica isn't great but I think you should still take the thyroid.

Alright thanks - any recommendations on a pregnenolone brand? I read Tara wrote somewhere to start with an 1/8 of a capsule, spread through the day - do you think that's a bit conservative? I am tryna jump into it but don't wanna regret it tomorrow. I was thinking to take 1/32 of a capsule because I'm about to sleep - if I've been regularly drinking fish head soup, do you think I could probably take more right now and still sleep fine?

answersfound

FredSonoma said:
post 114870
answersfound said:
post 114869
FredSonoma said:
post 114868
answersfound said:

Alright thanks - any recommendations on a pregnenolone brand? I read Tara wrote somewhere to start with an 1/8 of a capsule, spread through the day - do you think that's a bit conservative? I am tryna jump into it but don't wanna regret it tomorrow. I was thinking to take 1/32 of a capsule because I'm about to sleep - if I've been regularly drinking fish head soup, do you think I could probably take more right now and still sleep fine?

No clue. It's highly individual and only you know. Don't worry about temps, just focus on improvement of symptoms. Listen to your body and be patient. I stick to 1/4 doses cuz the stuff is pretty weak.

I use this pregnenolone found here:

http://www.healthnatura.com

This and haiduts are the only ones I'd use.

OP
F

FredSonoma

answersfound said:
post 114871
FredSonoma said:
post 114870
answersfound said:
post 114869
FredSonoma said:
post 114868
answersfound said:

No clue. It's highly individual and only you know. Don't worry about temps, just focus on improvement of symptoms. Listen to your body and be patient. I stick to 1/4 doses cuz the stuff is pretty weak.

Alright thank you man. Would love to hear more about your story with college / health / Peating another time.

answersfound

FredSonoma said:
post 114872
answersfound said:
post 114871
FredSonoma said:
post 114870
answersfound said:
post 114869
FredSonoma said:
post 114868
answersfound said:

Alright thank you man. Would love to hear more about your story with college / health / Peating another time.

Definitely. It's been rough. I lost friends. Lots of arguments. People didn't think I was really sick. I felt so alone. I had to leave a job. But it's made me stronger than I could have ever imagined. I remember waking up at 6 am going to class in 10 degree weather with a body temp of 94 , crying because I was so ill. I couldn't think straight or remember anything and I was living in constant fear. And I had all this pressure to graduate and make grades in these tough classes. People in and out of my apartment looked at me like I was a weirdo as I made my broth and tip toed into peating without any improvements. But just trust the process and learn from those who have walked a similar path. For me, that was Danny Roddy and some other members at Peatarian.com

I've learned a lot and feel equipped to handle challenges and I have a lot of self respect for fighting through all that misery and pain. Looking back I don't know how I did it but I'm still standing.

OP
F

FredSonoma

answersfound said:
post 114874
FredSonoma said:
post 114872
answersfound said:
post 114871
FredSonoma said:
post 114870
answersfound said:
post 114869
FredSonoma said:
post 114868
answersfound said:

Definitely. It's been rough. I lost friends. Lots of arguments. People didn't think I was really sick. I felt so alone. I had to leave a job. But it's made me stronger than I could have ever imagined. I remember waking up at 6 am going to class in 10 degree weather with a body temp of 94 , crying because I was so ill. I couldn't think straight or remember anything and I was living in constant fear. And I had all this pressure to graduate and make grades in these tough classes. People in and out of my apartment looked at me like I was a weirdo as I made my broth and tip toed into peating without any improvements. But just trust the process and learn from those who have walked a similar path. For me, that was Danny Roddy and some other members at Peatarian.com

I've learned a lot and feel equipped to handle challenges and I have a lot of self respect for fighting through all that misery and pain. Looking back I don't know how I did it but I'm still standing.

Damn man 94!!!! That's crazy. I definitely feel you about people thinking you're weird... only recently with Peating have I become more like my old self before getting sick and I can tell people respect me more. They still comment about my habits being weird, but they don't notice I'm weird straight off the bat just from my demeanor. Life is crazy!!!!! How sickness can change so many things... respect, intelligence, work ethic, personality... and how Peating can change that as well... I do feel Peating has made me more of a savage... in a good way lol

OP
F

FredSonoma

Also I already feel the thyroid... can't believe I'm just trying this. Food tastes better, I'm actually comprehending as I'm studying, and I feel an energy in my muscles. Hopefully it continues to work

answersfound

FredSonoma said:
post 114877 Also I already feel the thyroid... can't believe I'm just trying this. Food tastes better, I'm actually comprehending as I'm studying, and I feel an energy in my muscles. Hopefully it continues to work

Yep. Always take after a meal and listen to your body. Good luck. It's crazy how your body changes over the course of a couple weeks on thyroid. my skin quality eyes and hair all look so much better and my demeanor is really calm and relaxed. There may be hiccups along the way but trust the process and stay patient.

OP
F

FredSonoma

answersfound said:
post 114878
FredSonoma said:
post 114877 Also I already feel the thyroid... can't believe I'm just trying this. Food tastes better, I'm actually comprehending as I'm studying, and I feel an energy in my muscles. Hopefully it continues to work

Yep. Always take after a meal and listen to your body. Good luck. It's crazy how your body changes over the course of a couple weeks on thyroid. my skin quality eyes and hair all look so much better and my demeanor is really calm and relaxed. There may be hiccups along the way but trust the process and stay patient.

By after a meal does that mean I shouldn't eat right after taking it? Or it's just important to be fueled up first and not taking it on an empty stomach?

artist

I started following Peat's advice the semester before I dropped out... I had a really bad term at the end but as is pointed out in this thread it can be hard to tell sometimes if our lack of motivation to do certain things is good or bad. In certain cases it can be because the reward genuinely isnt worth the cost or there's an alternative that is worth seeking. I actually realized in the process of going through that bad semester what was important to me and what I wanted out of life and I think having better health helped me immensely with the self-trust aspect needed to have that insight. I was going to probably the most high pressure art school in the world and believe it or not art school is really hard and nobody sleeps etc, I couldn't do it (wouldnt do it) in my compromised condition and I realized I didn't wanna work at an ad agency, I wanted to be able to work from home so I can be a mother, I wanted to stop spending money on tuition etc. And I stopped caring about outside validation and just got really shrewd about what I wanted and what I needed to get there. There have still been many ups and downs but I have 200 percent more peace about life than I ever had. Used to have badddd anxiety 24/7

When I was actually in school I remember being really afraid to tell teachers I was having health issues and actually got chided when they found out later, like oh you should've told me before! I would recommend trying to work with your teachers if you can. However if you're actually feeling better but just really ADD the things I can recommend are limiting your exposure to the internet, and/or taking a combo of magnesium and b6 cause that also has helped me focus pretty quickly in the past (has been tested clinically on diagnosed ADHD children with great success). I find ratio of sunlight to screen light to be huge when it comes to how anxious, ocd and inattentive I feel, (possibly becsuse blue light has been shown to deplete dopamine) so emphasize getting sun (always safe advice anyway). Good luck!

DaveFoster

FredSonoma said:
post 114838 I love Peating. I see myself doing it for the foreseeable future and looking back on starting it as a pivotal moment in my life.

HOWEVER, I am getting the worst grades I have ever gotten in my life - not entirely due to Peating, but possibly related. I have finals this week, and as I sit in front of my computer, with so much to do, I am here... I am on YouTube... etc... I have so much trouble just making myself do my work.

Could this be low dopamine making me constantly searching for some kind of quick fix?

I also notice I am significantly more distracted in the mornings (I also often feel verrrry tired after eating in the morning).

I also wonder if Peating has actually made me less anxious, more impulsive, and more "alpha." Back before Peating, I definitely felt more "beta." But I was more able to just sit and do my work. I definitely feel more energetic, aggressive, stronger libido, and out-going since starting Peating 6 months ago. When I imagine someone very "alpha," like a UFC fighter like Chad McGregor or maybe someone like Brad Pitt, I have trouble imagining them cooping up in their room doing mindless, boring homework for hours, and I imagine they are quite healthy. When I imagine someone like Mark Zuckerberg, who doesn't seem extremely unhealthy, but less healthy than a highly-testosteroned male, I can imagine him being better at doing homework for hours.

I have no trouble sitting for hours on my computer and composing music or doing something I like - but when it comes to doing this stupid, meaningless homework... I am having a lot of trouble. I am a senior and my mom is gonna destroy me if I fail a class lol. Of course I think this is more a problem of doing things that have no instrinsic meaning to me, but nonetheless I am kind of stuck. I have talked often with my mom about leaving school and of course, in the end, it is up to me, but my mom would be really upset with me and she has done a lot for me so I can't do it.

It's low dopamine, probably caused by high serotonin, which is further caused by an excessive tryptophan intake. If I drink one gallon of milk, I'm fine. If i drink two gallons of milk, I turn into an ADD child with bi-polar moodswings.

Lower your serotonin. Cyproheptadine works great; tianeptine works great; BCAA + l-tyrosine + taurine combo in milk works great; ergot-derivatives (LSD, lisuride, hydergine) work great; caffeine works well; l-theanine works great; high-dose niacinamide works great. All of these together work like Jesus.

Stilgar

FredSonoma said:

I can pull all nighters ok with caffeine and b vitamins the next morning. I have passed many exams and tests like that, because the stress or procrastination always got to me. I would almost always take probably some combination of thiamine, niacinamide, riboflavin, b6 etc if I had anything important to do now, finals or something like your situation. Also, I wouldn't overdo thyroid, without getting the b's in first. As a young person, you will likely find the b's and something simple like a nice bit of coconut oil and ice cream make all the difference.

Procrastination is so heavily tied to a bad metabolism, and generally feeling tired.

Try to focus on getting real meals - I think this is why I always got such a hit from the b vits. I just lived off liquids and coffee and sugar and got myself a bit deficient. Plus, remember your brain is using up far more energy than any exertion ever could. And that requires B vits.

Red bull or some natural equivalent was always useful for me. But use it selectively - not all the time. When you need the push.

Do a bit of work. Take a walk. Do a bit of work. Take a bath. Do a bit of work. Go to the library. Etc. Break it up. You don't need to work all day. Record youself on a dictaphone reading notes, or convert a useful youtube vid like a lecture to mp3 and walk outside listening to it.

Get away from your computer and go to a coffee shop with a textbook. Ok, it might not be ideal - maybe all your work is on the computer, but do it anyway. You'll feel better and the activity around might make you work.

It is really nice to read that so many people were thought of as weird, especially in college/uni, and were ill, couldn't communicate it properly and never asked for help. That was me too! I am glad I finished too - but I had no time for anything else, and I made it my mission to finish. I did pretty good, even though I felt like the walking dead. Utterly awful, but such a relief when I could just sleep afterwards.

Good luck :hattip You'll do it!

tara

answersfound said:
post 114852 And I am SO glad I did.
:)

answersfound said:
post 114852 No cypro either. It's not good to mess around with that while your trying to prepare for exams.
:1

answersfound said:
post 114852 Maybe pregnenolone.
Not so sure about this one - I'd try it sometime when you don't have to be on top of your game.

FredSonoma said:
post 114868 I'm about to sleep - is now a good time to try an 1/8 of a capsule?
Seems like a good starting amount, and before sleep seems fine to me. Twice a day at this amount might be OK. Check temps and pulse regularly, and see what gains you've got after 3 weeks. Remember the T4 will gradually build up over more than 2 weeks at a steady dose, so how you feel the first day or two is not a reliable guide to how much will be good long term.

tara

DaveFoster said:
post 114909
Lower your serotonin. Cyproheptadine works great;
Not necessarily good short term for focus.

Stilgar said:
post 114910
Do a bit of work. Take a walk. Do a bit of work. Take a bath. Do a bit of work. Go to the library. Etc. Break it up. You don't need to work all day. Record youself on a dictaphone reading notes, or convert a useful youtube vid like a lecture to mp3 and walk outside listening to it.

Get away from your computer and go to a coffee shop with a textbook. Ok, it might not be ideal - maybe all your work is on the computer, but do it anyway. You'll feel better and the activity around might make you work.

Nice ideas.

Human communication about what you are studying can help too. I got a study group together a couple of times before university exams. Just one-off meetings. It seemed really inefficient in a way, because we were not all 100% focussed on what we each thought we needed most. But it was really good for broadening perspective, and motivating, and feeling connected.
Telling someone what you are learning can really help, too, if you can find someone interested in listening. If your mum is really keen for you to do well, would she make 10-15 mins available a couple of times a day for you to explain in detail what you are learning? Only useful if she can stay focussed and encouraging, not if she acts bored or critical. Or one or two people in your class that your could take turns with?

OP
F

FredSonoma

I took too much thyroid lol I feel really antsy and uncomfortable, oh well at least I'm doing my work :lol: :lol:

In terms of long-term healing, would being in a hyperthyroid state be healthier than being hypothyroid? I don't like how this feels but I like it better than feeling like I need to take long naps throughout the day. (ideally I wouldn't by hyper but I feel like it's bound to happen when I'm taking thyroid medication, being a kind of impulsive person that doesn't look very far into the future haha)

answersfound

FredSonoma said:
I took too much thyroid lol I feel really antsy and uncomfortable, oh well at least I'm doing my work :lol: :lol:

In terms of long-term healing, would being in a hyperthyroid state be healthier than being hypothyroid? I don't like how this feels but I like it better than feeling like I need to take long naps throughout the day. (ideally I wouldn't by hyper but I feel like it's bound to happen when I'm taking thyroid medication, being a kind of impulsive person that doesn't look very far into the future haha)

It will take you months to go hyperthyroid. Especially if you are sensitive to thyroid now. Take it slow. You gotta get your body running on thyroid, it's the only way to radiating health. Be patient. You don't want these bad reactions, but I understand it's tough at first to avoid them. Try smaller doses and trust the process. You will be sensitive at first and that's completely normal.

Read this(scroll down a bit):

http://www.theprudentwife.com/health/wo ... d-protocol

And this:

https://www.longnaturalhealth.com/sites ... dHowTo.pdf

And this (directions):

http://www.regenerativenutrition.com/mo ... roduct=194