My Experience With Clonidine So Far

OP
A

answersfound

flaviom said:
post 104944 You probably
answersfound said:
post 104393 So I was taking Cyproheptadine for a while it truly was a wonder drug. It quickly restored my libido and durastically improved my mood. My view of myself and the world changed, similar to the feelings described when people take LSD. It also improved digestion. But I found my temps still didn't improve, and if anything, they came down because of the reduction of stress hormones. So I knew the cypro was not addressing something. Adrenaline. I noticed in situations that typically would provoke anxiety still did, but I was still able to stay present and maintain awareness of my mind. (Low serotonin). But why was my anxiety still through the roof? Hands and feet would go ice cold and my voice trembled. I knew there was no reason to be anxious but my body just reacted violently with this adrenaline. It seemed like some sort of dysfunction because the anxiety response wasn't connected to my thoughts. It was just my body's way of maintaining metabolism and it seemed to be stuck in this gear, if that makes sense. So I was able to get some clonidine and it seems to supress the stress hormones that Cyproheptadine was not touching. So far, this combo is GOLD. I feel like healing is actually possible in this state, now that adrenaline is supressed. Obviously, the concern is what will happen when the clonidine is removed but I'm hoping normal metabolism restores. I plan on tapering off clonidine when temps are in the 98's. So I think for those who test "normal" for thyroid levels, or can't supress adrenaline with thyroid or other supps, you can try clonidine if you have a powerful adrenaline response and you are stuck running on adrenaline no matter what you try. It's still early but I will follow up soon and hope to see continued positive results.

You probably just need to increase your salt intake dramatically.

tried it. i used to parachute large amounts of salt and it didn't do the trick. very large amounts, to the point where i would come close to vomiting. i even used sodium chloride tablets. my body needed serious re-programming after many years of running on adrenaline.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
A

answersfound

so just an update to my clonidine experience....this stuff is magic, just like cypro.....i was really struggling with tolerating coffee and thyroid, and the clonidine surpressed adrenaline, so I was able to clean my liver out using coffee without my pulse shooting up. i was able to drink 2 cups of coffee without any negative response, pulse stayed in the 70's range, which would have been out of the question prior to clonidine....so if anyone is struggling with adrenaline, specifically cold hands and feet, this is an excellent tool! thank you haidut for creating awareness of it.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
[ref]answersfound[/ref], that is so awesome. Really happy to see you getting relief! :D

Peata

answersfound said:
post 105312 so just an update to my clonidine experience....this stuff is magic, just like cypro.....i was really struggling with tolerating coffee and thyroid, and the clonidine surpressed adrenaline, so I was able to clean my liver out using coffee without my pulse shooting up. i was able to drink 2 cups of coffee without any negative response, pulse stayed in the 70's range, which would have been out of the question prior to clonidine....so if anyone is struggling with adrenaline, specifically cold hands and feet, this is an excellent tool! thank you haidut for creating awareness of it.

Awesome. Do you know how long it took you to clean out your liver?

OP
A

answersfound

Peata said:
post 105314
answersfound said:
post 105312 so just an update to my clonidine experience....this stuff is magic, just like cypro.....i was really struggling with tolerating coffee and thyroid, and the clonidine surpressed adrenaline, so I was able to clean my liver out using coffee without my pulse shooting up. i was able to drink 2 cups of coffee without any negative response, pulse stayed in the 70's range, which would have been out of the question prior to clonidine....so if anyone is struggling with adrenaline, specifically cold hands and feet, this is an excellent tool! thank you haidut for creating awareness of it.

Awesome. Do you know how long it took you to clean out your liver?

Honestly, I don't really know, but I just assume it's in better shape, since I've been using 200 mg caffeine per day for a week, and I am now able to tolerate caffeine without the bad response.

InChristAlone

But isn't the adrenaline just a response to falling blood sugar? Did you ever try monitoring that to keep it in check?

OP
A

answersfound

Janelle525 said:
post 105745 But isn't the adrenaline just a response to falling blood sugar? Did you ever try monitoring that to keep it in check?

Yep....didn't work

Holy...

I've been looking for something like this for 3 years. Please please tell me... how did you get it? Clonidine is not approved in our country for anything (WTF) I already asked my doctor he won't give me... so now I have to use dodgy online websites? Anyone used InternationalPharmacy.com ?

Thanks!

firebreather

http://www.alldaychemist.com/arkamin.html

MyUsernameHere said:
post 113881 Holy...

I've been looking for something like this for 3 years. Please please tell me... how did you get it? Clonidine is not approved in our country for anything (WTF) I already asked my doctor he won't give me... so now I have to use dodgy online websites? Anyone used InternationalPharmacy.com ?

Thanks!

Unfortunately it seems that in my STASI country the customs are very strict about ordering prescription medications and you are not allowed to do this in any amounts. So I risk losing the package and money by ordering clonidine online.

I could get it easily if I could just get a script for it. I guess I need to go doctor-shopping to find one who will write it for me.

My current doctor did not even hear about clonidine and had to pull out a medicine-handbook from the 1980's to read what it is. The more recent ones all said the medication is obsolete and is not approved for therapeutic use in my country. As such he decided he won't even prescribe me a private recipe for it even if I didn't even plan to buy it in my country.

How can it be obsolete when it is the only medication aside from guanfacine which can antagonize a2 receptors? How come the entire rest of the world is still prescribing and using this medication but our little backwater shithole in the middle of Europe is the smartest of all, and decided that we do not need clonidine on our list of approved meds. I genuinely believe the entire allopathic community in my country to be suffering from widespread mental retardation, based on my experience with them and being sick for the past 3 years.

Sorry for the rant. Just quite a bit pissed that I am having such difficulty obtaining one of the only meds that would genuinely help me. Oh, also he sent me with for a script for medazepam, which I also had to get from a different country because it is no longer sold here! A simple benzo. Of course, it didn't do much.

F****** morons.

ravster02

MyUsernameHere said:
post 113974 Unfortunately it seems that in my STASI country the customs are very strict about ordering prescription medications and you are not allowed to do this in any amounts. So I risk losing the package and money by ordering clonidine online.

I could get it easily if I could just get a script for it. I guess I need to go doctor-shopping to find one who will write it for me.

My current doctor did not even hear about clonidine and had to pull out a medicine-handbook from the 1980's to read what it is. The more recent ones all said the medication is obsolete and is not approved for therapeutic use in my country. As such he decided he won't even prescribe me a private recipe for it even if I didn't even plan to buy it in my country.

How can it be obsolete when it is the only medication aside from guanfacine which can antagonize a2 receptors? How come the entire rest of the world is still prescribing and using this medication but our little backwater shithole in the middle of Europe is the smartest of all, and decided that we do not need clonidine on our list of approved meds. I genuinely believe the entire allopathic community in my country to be suffering from widespread mental retardation, based on my experience with them and being sick for the past 3 years.

Sorry for the rant. Just quite a bit pissed that I am having such difficulty obtaining one of the only meds that would genuinely help me. Oh, also he sent me with for a script for medazepam, which I also had to get from a different country because it is no longer sold here! A simple benzo. Of course, it didn't do much.

F****** morons.

the last time I ordered from alldaychemist there was no indication given as to the package's contents.

DaveFoster

Whoa... I just realized that I increased my salt intake recently and experienced the same things. Nevertheless, I need to get some of this stuff.

MyUsernameHere said:
post 113974 Unfortunately it seems that in my STASI country the customs are very strict about ordering prescription medications and you are not allowed to do this in any amounts. So I risk losing the package and money by ordering clonidine online.

F****** morons.
I feel for you. Breathe in the dogma. Use the dogma. It will make you strong.

OP
A

answersfound

MyUsernameHere said:
Unfortunately it seems that in my STASI country the customs are very strict about ordering prescription medications and you are not allowed to do this in any amounts. So I risk losing the package and money by ordering clonidine online.

F****** morons.

Go with a caffeine theanine combo. It was more effective for me than clonidine. Vitamin b6 is an alternative to clonidine too. The combo of these two things should help tremendously. Also are you using pregnenolone? i would definitely do so.

I was a strict Peatarian from late 2012 to about mid 2014. My story is a long one and I used to be on Peatarian.com.

To put it short, something stressful happened to me on the fateful day of Nov 17 2012 and my body has never been the same since. I suffered non-stop extreme heart pounding, skipped beats and palpitations. Along with that I had severe rushes of adrenaline, chest tightness, excessive sweating and who knows what other kind of symptoms I can't even describe. I tried every Peatarian trick in the book, all the supplements, bought tons of things from Iherb, nothing ever helped. The only thing I got a mild relief from was Valerian root.

A year ago I was finally put on beta blockers and that has been very helpful, though it only made my heart somewhat calmer, didn't fix the problem.
My current status is that, I stopped getting adrenaline rushes for the most part, sweating is far more normal though still not completely, and the heart pounding is about 50% less due to beta blocker. But, I'd like to get rid of this thing once and for all and I truly believe (due to the effectiveness of the bisoprolol) that clonidine would just knock it out of the park. Because it would target the origin of the problem in the brain, which is probably chronic excessive (nor)adrenaline production, and the only thing that would enable me to actually heal long term.

I repeat, nothing other than adrenaline-blocking drugs ever helped. I don't know why, but that's just the way it's been. My life the past 3 years has been hell. Thankfully I found something that at least helps moderately. But from what I learned about my situation in these 3 years, clonidine is most likely to be a godsend. I definitely have to try it.

InChristAlone

MyUsernameHere said:
post 114022 I was a strict Peatarian from late 2012 to about mid 2014. My story is a long one and I used to be on Peatarian.com.

To put it short, something stressful happened to me on the fateful day of Nov 17 2012 and my body has never been the same since. I suffered non-stop extreme heart pounding, skipped beats and palpitations. Along with that I had severe rushes of adrenaline, chest tightness, excessive sweating and who knows what other kind of symptoms I can't even describe. I tried every Peatarian trick in the book, all the supplements, bought tons of things from Iherb, nothing ever helped. The only thing I got a mild relief from was Valerian root.

A year ago I was finally put on beta blockers and that has been very helpful, though it only made my heart somewhat calmer, didn't fix the problem.
My current status is that, I stopped getting adrenaline rushes for the most part, sweating is far more normal though still not completely, and the heart pounding is about 50% less due to beta blocker. But, I'd like to get rid of this thing once and for all and I truly believe (due to the effectiveness of the bisoprolol) that clonidine would just knock it out of the park. Because it would target the origin of the problem in the brain, which is probably chronic excessive (nor)adrenaline production, and the only thing that would enable me to actually heal long term.

I repeat, nothing other than adrenaline-blocking drugs ever helped. I don't know why, but that's just the way it's been. My life the past 3 years has been hell. Thankfully I found something that at least helps moderately. But from what I learned about my situation in these 3 years, clonidine is most likely to be a godsend. I definitely have to try it.
Have you tried cyproheptadine?

So I managed to get a prescription for clonidine ...

Got it yesterday. So far I have been dosing 2x 75 mcg per day. Doc suggested 3x, but even the 2x dosage sends my blood pressure down to as low as 110-115. I can't take a higher dose than this.

The good stuff:
-stopped my runny nose, it's pretty dry now (which is normal considering it's winter and the room is radiator heated which dries out the air). I have to go 'wet' my nose occasionally which I used to do before I got sick. Haven't had to do that for the past 3 years which means I had higher than normal adrenaline.
-while my over-sweating issue has greatly reduced even without clonidine, it seems that it has completely gone to normal now. I went for a power-walk today and I didn't sweat that much at all. This is great.
- I feel like it calms down some anxious feelings I tended to get though I have yet to test it against social situations where I always get mini panic attacks in anticipation of going somewhere / meeting someone

And now the bad:
-As mentioned here, it makes me pretty sedated, not very active and fairly unwillingly to do most things (I can kind of overcome this willfully but it definitely saps my energy and motivation)
-Makes me drowsy, second dose yesterday sent me napping at 7-8 PM, today's nearly did the same at 6 PM
-Barely works to calm my heart palpitations down, which is the main reason I wanted to take it in the first place, it works worse than bisoprolol and only slightly better than taking nothing at all, huge disappointment here
-Lowers my already naturally low pulse (50-60) into the 40s

I'm gonna stick with it for a week and keep it around as an occasional anti-anxiety med, but it's clearly not going to be a good drug for my purpose as it fails to calm my palpitations. I feel like it would need a much higher dose to work even as good as the beta-blocker, which would of course send my blood pressure way down into danger zone. I already get light dizzy spells when standing up.

Of course this throws a wrench into my theory that adrenaline is causing my heart palpitations but since the beta blocker does help somewhat... I now again know...absolutely nothing. Back to square one. :(

InChristAlone

MyUsernameHere said:
post 115520 So I managed to get a prescription for clonidine ...

Got it yesterday. So far I have been dosing 2x 75 mcg per day. Doc suggested 3x, but even the 2x dosage sends my blood pressure down to as low as 110-115. I can't take a higher dose than this.

The good stuff:
-stopped my runny nose, it's pretty dry now (which is normal considering it's winter and the room is radiator heated which dries out the air). I have to go 'wet' my nose occasionally which I used to do before I got sick. Haven't had to do that for the past 3 years which means I had higher than normal adrenaline.
-while my over-sweating issue has greatly reduced even without clonidine, it seems that it has completely gone to normal now. I went for a power-walk today and I didn't sweat that much at all. This is great.
- I feel like it calms down some anxious feelings I tended to get though I have yet to test it against social situations where I always get mini panic attacks in anticipation of going somewhere / meeting someone

And now the bad:
-As mentioned here, it makes me pretty sedated, not very active and fairly unwillingly to do most things (I can kind of overcome this willfully but it definitely saps my energy and motivation)
-Makes me drowsy, second dose yesterday sent me napping at 7-8 PM, today's nearly did the same at 6 PM
-Barely works to calm my heart palpitations down, which is the main reason I wanted to take it in the first place, it works worse than bisoprolol and only slightly better than taking nothing at all, huge disappointment here
-Lowers my already naturally low pulse (50-60) into the 40s

I'm gonna stick with it for a week and keep it around as an occasional anti-anxiety med, but it's clearly not going to be a good drug for my purpose as it fails to calm my palpitations. I feel like it would need a much higher dose to work even as good as the beta-blocker, which would of course send my blood pressure way down into danger zone. I already get light dizzy spells when standing up.

Of course this throws a wrench into my theory that adrenaline is causing my heart palpitations but since the beta blocker does help somewhat... I now again know...absolutely nothing. Back to square one. :(
Have you tried potassium for your palps? Yeah if you have low pulse doesn't sound like adrenaline.

Yes I did, potassium didn't do anything. Yes, it doesn't sound like adrenaline, but then a beta-blocker is the only thing that ever helped, whereas any other means to reduce adrenaline did not...
Though I am not sure if the beta blocker is helping because adrenaline is the problem, or simply because blocking it makes the heart beat weaker so it eases my life. Considering that the clonidine did very little I'm inclined to think the latter...

Either way, I am about to taper off from the clonidine over the next few days as I can't take this no longer. Don't wanna feel like crap for the holidays and the palpitations are becoming dreadful. Back onto the bisoprolol again, I guess...

James_001

MyUsernameHere said:
post 115608 Yes I did, potassium didn't do anything. Yes, it doesn't sound like adrenaline, but then a beta-blocker is the only thing that ever helped, whereas any other means to reduce adrenaline did not...
Though I am not sure if the beta blocker is helping because adrenaline is the problem, or simply because blocking it makes the heart beat weaker so it eases my life. Considering that the clonidine did very little I'm inclined to think the latter...

Either way, I am about to taper off from the clonidine over the next few days as I can't take this no longer. Don't wanna feel like crap for the holidays and the palpitations are becoming dreadful. Back onto the bisoprolol again, I guess...

What do you eat now if you don't peat anymore?