[Wiki] Simple Answers Thread WIP ==> FAQ Wiki-Page

Koniec

I think it would be ambitious but worthwhile, to develop some form of a simple answers FAQ for the purposes of simply explaining to others (those who have questions) the Ray Peat diet/paradigm.

I understand that diet, hormonal health, metabolism and the like are complex....much would be lost in translation, but I often struggle giving straightforward answers that are fair...the type that would encourage others to look into all things Peat further.

It may be best to have us a group tackle one question at a time, or just let this thread develop organically.
(Anyone feel free to take this task over, I admit I'm more of initiating this idea than maintaining it).

Common example questions I'm faced with:

Why don't you eat vegetables ?
Aren't you worried about getting enough nutrients ?
Why is gelatin good for you ?
I thought sugar was bad for you and could make you fat or cause diabetes...

I've come close to a simple answer with the vegetable question by saying something along the lines of:

"I get all the nutrients needed from liver, oysters, milk, OJ, occasional grass-fed beef and lean seafood. What nutrients did you have in mind ?"

But then it's followed up with but "What about fiber ?" I attempt to state that I don't need as much and that I get some from carrots - but I think you get the gist of these type of conversations, I'm sure we've all had our share.

I just want to end on stressing the sometimes difficult challenge of stating things concisely.
An exercise which I have found helpful in communication, be it written or public speaking, is to know a concept so well that you can sum it up a in a word, expand it to one sentence, and only then to a paragraph or brief explanation.

This can be fun and challenging...but admittedly difficult.
(Just some thoughts...it's perfectly ok if this doesn't go anywhere.)
(All of our discussion throughout the forum tacitly addresses this anyway.)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Re: Simple Answers Thread / Work in Progress

This would be a good idea. Basically, a FAQ(frequently asked questions) list.

nwo2012

Good idea Koniec, and your answer to that question is very good. Could add that there is a link between too much fiber and colorectal cancer too.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Hopefully someone in the community will take this task up. I just do not have the energy or brain power, yet.

Giraffe

Simple Answers Thread WIP ==> ELI5 Wiki-Page

I found this old topic and really loved the idea.

I have created a wiki-page for simple answers. For the time being I called it 'ELI5'.
https://raypeatforum.com/wiki/index.php/ELI5

If you know of threads we should include please post the links here.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

:bump2

If you can help with the Wiki now is a great time to get started! :D If you plan on writing an article, let us know!

Giraffe

This wiki-page shall help to find the answers to questions that many people have who are new to Peat's ideas. To make it easier to find the relevant threads or sub-forums I have provided all entries with links.

Please help testing it and help make it grow.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Giraffe said:
post 111128 This wiki-page shall help to find the answers to questions that many people have who are new to Peat's ideas. To make it easier to find the relevant threads or sub-forums I have provided all entries with links.

Still looking for volunteers to help build up the Ray Peat Forum Wiki! I have been installing extensions on the wiki to make it easier to use and more useful. I have also set it up so that the wiki is backed up every hour(off site), so you can breathe easy knowing your contributions are appreciated and protected. :D

Giraffe has been doing a great job on the ELI5 article. Anyone can join in on the article and add your own ELI5, or even make your own article!

Ray Peat Forum Wiki

Last edited:

milk_lover

Charlie said:
post 111732
Giraffe said:
post 111128 This wiki-page shall help to find the answers to questions that many people have who are new to Peat's ideas. To make it easier to find the relevant threads or sub-forums I have provided all entries with links.

Still looking for volunteers to help build up the Ray Peat Forum Wiki! I have been installing extensions on the wiki to make it easier to use and more useful. I have also set it up so that the wiki is backed up every hour(off site), so you can breathe easy knowing your contributions are appreciated and protected. :D

Giraffe has been doing a great job on the ELI5 article. Anyone can join in on the article and add your own ELI5, or even make your own article!

Ray Peat Forum Wiki
My English is not the best or I would have helped. People will probably get more confused about the topic :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

milk_lover said:
post 111743 My English is not the best or I would have helped. People will probably get more confused about the topic
Well, you could use someone else's quotes and that would take care of the language issue. :D

We are still looking for contributors for the wiki! Please help if you can. :hattip

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Bump for the afternoon crowd. :D

The Ray Peat Forum Wiki is growing! Please contribute to the Wiki if you are able. :hattip

https://raypeatforum.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Charlie said:
post 113916 Bump for the afternoon crowd. :D

The Ray Peat Forum Wiki is growing! Please contribute to the Wiki if you are able. :hattip

@seano and @tobieagle have joined in the Ray Peat Forum Wiki effort. Thank you! :hattip

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

[ref]seano[/ref], sincerely appreciate all the help. :hattip

I changed the FAQ link at the top of the forum so it goes directly to the Wiki FAQ. I will add a "site help" link in the quick links drop down menu.

Who is the next awesome Wiki contributor who will step up and help share the wealth of knowledge available to us? :D

michael94

something that may be nice to add: oxidative metabolism and/or oxidative phosporylation

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
[ref]icecreamlover[/ref], if you are well versed in those subjects do you mind adding them? :D

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:

Giraffe

icecreamlover said:
post 114116 something that may be nice to add: oxidative metabolism and/or oxidative phosporylation
Icecreamlover, thanks for suggesting this.

Last edited by a moderator:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Giraffe said:
post 114136 Icecreamlover, thanks for suggesting this.
:1

My final bump of the day for the Wiki. :D If your knowledge excels in something Peaty then please contribute to the Ray Peat Forum Wiki! Simply register to the Wiki and feel free to add an article, or improve on one thats already there. :hattip

Last edited: