Difference Between Antibiotics And How Not To Take Them

I want to take antibiotics to eradicate possible bartonella infection. I have doxy and tetra in hand. However, I remember Peat talking about minocycline for these type of infections. I have no access to minocycline, and I wonder what the difference is between all these ABX.

Also, what do you know about whether it's a bad idea consuming calcium and/or coffee when taking ABX?

Thank you in advance!

tara

Berk_Peat said:
post 110884 Also, what do you know about whether it's a bad idea consuming calcium and/or coffee when taking ABX?
I think it may depend on the type of anti-biotic, and I don't know any of the details. I just know that I have sometimes had prescriptions that had to be taken away from food to avoid having calcium and maybe other things bind with it. And other prescriptions where they didn't care if it was with food or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
They are all in the tetracycline antibiotic family. If you choose doxycycline or tetracycline you could call a pharmacist to see if there are any specific instructions. I've also found instructions on the online pharmacy sites to be very helpful.

Sheila

Blossom
Would you kindly suggest which online pharmacy sites tetracyline is available from please without prescription?
Thank you for your help.
Sheila

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Sheila said:
post 113266 Blossom
Would you kindly suggest which online pharmacy sites tetracyline is available from please without prescription?
Thank you for your help.
Sheila
Sorry Sheila, I just noticed this! I've used www.inhousechemist.vu for antibiotics.

Last edited by a moderator: