Bloodtest endocrinologist

BastiFuntasty

Hello everyone,
I am send to an endocrinologist to make a bloodtest due to myalgia in my arms. I guess he will check about some hormones.
I might ask him about special things to check up. I am thinking about testosterone estrogen, progest, prolactin, serotonin, adrenaline and cortisol if it is possible.
Do you have any suggestions on which things to check?

Best regards

J

jb116

They are all good to check, my thoughts are that the focus should be on serotonin in this case.

OP
B

BastiFuntasty

It's crazy, he won't check on serotonin. I tried to explain him the role of serotonin on building myalgia, but no chance. You have to be almost dead in this country to receive appropriate help :evil:

J

jb116

wow that's unbelievable! Is there any way you can change doctors or not possible?

BastiFuntasty said:
post 102537 It's crazy, he won't check on serotonin. I tried to explain him the role of serotonin on building myalgia, but no chance. You have to be almost dead in this country to receive appropriate help :evil:

It will be rare to convince any doctor/endocrinologist to do a draw for serotonin. It won't matter too much because prolactin is a good guide to serotonin levels, when prolactin is high, it's likely serotonin is also high.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jb116

Basti where are you from? Curious about this difficulty of serotonin draw

OP
B

BastiFuntasty

I am from Germany, tomorrow they will receive some of my blood^^ I wonder which parameters are to be checked.

Mittir

I do not see any mention of TSH, Total T3, Total T4 and reverse T3. From Peat perspective
these thyroid tests with total cholesterol level would be more helpful.
You can also add PTH (parathyroid hormone), blood calcium, sodium and Co2 level.
PTH and serotonin increases each other. Blood estrogen is an unreliable test, you can have
low level of estrogen in blood but high level in tissues.

OP
B

BastiFuntasty

I'm sry for my late answer due to a mental breakdown, I just wasn't able to do anything...
Well here a some results:

Sodium 141 mmol/l
potassium 4.5 mmol/l
calcium 2.43 mmol/l
creatinine 1.15 mmol/l

urea 39 mg/dl
uric acid 3.8 mg/dl
alkaline phosphatase 63 u/l
Gamma-Gt 13 U/l
GOT (ASAT) 30 U/l
triglycerides 70 mg/dl
cholesterol 178 mg/dl

glucose 81mg/dl ( 10am 11 hhours after last meal)
TSH 2.27 uIU/ml

leucocytes 4.1thd/ul
erythrocytes 5.03 mio/ul
haemoglobin 14.4 g/dl
haematocrite 41%
MCV 81 fl
RDW 13.3 %
MCH 29 pg
MCHC 35 g/dl
thrombocytes 216 thd/ ul

I hope I translated everything correctly and have the correct units.
Well I guess my thyroid function is not optimal, peat says there are not many people around with good health and tsh above 2.
Problem here is, medicines say it's fine and I will not be able to get a full thyroid test for free. Furthermore liver enzymes seem not to be perfect, which make me wonder about lowering fructose a little bit( I am at approx 200g daily )

What do you guys think about these values? Is there anything we can work with, or should I probably spend some money to do tests on my own?

answersfound

BastiFuntasty said:
post 111954 I'm sry for my late answer due to a mental breakdown, I just wasn't able to do anything...
Well here a some results:

Sodium 141 mmol/l
potassium 4.5 mmol/l
calcium 2.43 mmol/l
creatinine 1.15 mmol/l

urea 39 mg/dl
uric acid 3.8 mg/dl
alkaline phosphatase 63 u/l
Gamma-Gt 13 U/l
GOT (ASAT) 30 U/l
triglycerides 70 mg/dl
cholesterol 178 mg/dl

glucose 81mg/dl ( 10am 11 hhours after last meal)
TSH 2.27 uIU/ml

leucocytes 4.1thd/ul
erythrocytes 5.03 mio/ul
haemoglobin 14.4 g/dl
haematocrite 41%
MCV 81 fl
RDW 13.3 %
MCH 29 pg
MCHC 35 g/dl
thrombocytes 216 thd/ ul

I hope I translated everything correctly and have the correct units.
Well I guess my thyroid function is not optimal, peat says there are not many people around with good health and tsh above 2.
Problem here is, medicines say it's fine and I will not be able to get a full thyroid test for free. Furthermore liver enzymes seem not to be perfect, which make me wonder about lowering fructose a little bit( I am at approx 200g daily )

What do you guys think about these values? Is there anything we can work with, or should I probably spend some money to do tests on my own?

I wouldn't spend any more money on tests. The values are constantly changing and at the end of the day, you can use your symptoms to gauge everything. You didn't mention your temperature and pulse, which are way more important than any lab testing. I would recommend you start a thyroid supplement to get your TSH below 1. Fat solubles to take care of estrogen. Carrot for serotonin. Caffeine for the liver enzymes. Aspirin if you have digestive issues too. All these things will work synergistically to bring down prolactin. If you get your body temperature up to 98.6+ everything should fall into place.

OP
B

BastiFuntasty

answersfound said:
post 111959
BastiFuntasty said:

I wouldn't spend any more money on tests. The values are constantly changing and at the end of the day, you can use your symptoms to gauge everything. You didn't mention your temperature and pulse, which are way more important than any lab testing. I would recommend you start a thyroid supplement to get your TSH below 1. Fat solubles to take care of estrogen. Carrot for serotonin. Caffeine for the liver enzymes. Aspirin if you have digestive issues too. All these things will work synergistically to bring down prolactin. If you get your body temperature up to 98.6+ everything should fall into place.

Yep my pulse is always quite low, about 55 to 65. I thought this was due to a so called "athlete's heart", since I was consuming about 3-4k kcals without gaining weight and thought the metabolism is ok.

Well i am doing most all of the supplies except the aspirin thing, since it disturbed my progress in the gym.
Would high creatinine probably a sign of high adrenaline, because of muscle breakdown?