Cyproheptadine for sleep?

firebreather

If you've read any of my threads you know that I'm still struggling with sleep after trying just about everything. One of the tough things is that I'm a firefighter so there are several nights a month that I have to get up in the middle of the night.

I think the biggest issue is adreanline - as someone mentioned on the forum I'm constantly faced with situations that spikes my adreanline because of my job.

So i've noticed some threads on the forum where poeple mentioned that it helped with sleep.

Obviously I wouldn't take it when I'm at work (at least not when I'm the driver).

So my question is:

Is it okay to take just for sleep and what would be a dose that you would suggest starting with.

Last but not least could you recommend some reputable places to buy online without a script?

Thanks so much for you input

answersfound

Check all day chemist dot com.

Or you can just get it here:

Practin 30 Weight Gain Pills https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I46WUAA/re ... uwbJG8681R

In regards to adrenaline, I think you want to focus on liver health. Check out haiduts posts on tolerating caffeine. If your liver is in good shape you store sugar and burn that under stress. If your liver is not in good shape, you can go hypoglycemic and that's when you get adrenaline.

Last edited by a moderator:

tara

0.5 mg seems a reasonable dose to start out trying. So if you get 4mg tablets, 1/8 tablet. After seeing how it affects you, you might want to try more, but this amount has a definite effect for some of us.
I would not use it until you have a chance to sleep as much as you want for the next two days. Definitely not when you need to be sharp.

OP
F

firebreather

answersfound said:
post 110780 Check all day chemist dot com.

Practin 30 Weight Gain Pills https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I46WUAA/re ... uwbJG8681R

In regards to adrenaline, I think you want to focus on liver health. Check out haiduts posts on tolerating caffeine. If your liver is in good shape you store sugar and burn that under stress. If your liver is not in good shape, you can go hypoglycemic and that's when you get adrenaline.

Thanks so much, alldaychemist seems to require a prescription.

Am I missing something?

answersfound

firebreather said:
answersfound said:

Am I missing something?

Nope. No prescription required. I've ordered multiple times. Just ignore that part where it asks for one.

OP
F

firebreather

tara said:
post 110792 0.5 mg seems a reasonable dose to start out trying. So if you get 4mg tablets, 1/8 tablet. After seeing how it affects you, you might want to try more, but this amount has a definite effect for some of us.
I would not use it until you have a chance to sleep as much as you want for the next two days. Definitely not when you need to be sharp.

Thanks so much, I'll start with .5mg

OP
F

firebreather

answersfound said:
post 110797
firebreather said:
answersfound said:

Am I missing something?

Nope. No prescription required. I've ordered multiple times. Just ignore that part where it asks for one.

Thank you, I've placed my first order

FredSonoma

firebreather said:
post 110817
answersfound said:
post 110797
firebreather said:
answersfound said:

Am I missing something?

Just as a warning, some people seem to have more problems with adrenaline when starting cypro. Do you have digestion / bloating problems?

OP
F

firebreather

FredSonoma said:
post 110818
firebreather said:
post 110817
answersfound said:
post 110797
firebreather said:
answersfound said:

Am I missing something?

Just as a warning, some people seem to have more problems with adrenaline when starting cypro. Do you have digestion / bloating problems?

Thank you for the warning.

Thankfully I don't

FredSonoma

firebreather said:
post 110821
FredSonoma said:
post 110818
firebreather said:
post 110817
answersfound said:
post 110797
firebreather said:
answersfound said:

Am I missing something?

Thank you for the warning.

Thankfully I don't

Okay, I'm not sure, but I think that is a good sign cypro will do you good.

Agent207

I use to take 2mg before bed and I think I get deeper sleep but a bit more harder to get out of bed in the morning, but not major problem.

OP
F

firebreather

thank you to everyone for your input on this and how to get it.

I placed my order.

don't worry, I'll start slow.

Call me crazy but I tried 20mg of Ambien a few times (after trying lower doses) and it still didn't help me sleep.

I'm much better than I was at that time so hopefully I'll have a better response with cyrpo

answersfound

firebreather said:

I placed my order.

Call me crazy but I tried 20mg of Ambien a few times (after trying lower doses) and it still didn't help me sleep.

I'm much better than I was at that time so hopefully I'll have a better response with cyrpo

Each tablet is 4 mg. what I would do is split it into 6 pieces and take one piece (.67 mg) the first night or two and see how that goes

OP
F

firebreather

answersfound said:
post 110832
firebreather said:

I placed my order.

Each tablet is 4 mg. what I would do is split it into 6 pieces and take one piece (.67 mg) the first night or two and see how that goes

:hattip

jyb

firebreather said:
post 110779 If you've read any of my threads you know that I'm still struggling with sleep after trying just about everything. One of the tough things is that I'm a firefighter so there are several nights a month that I have to get up in the middle of the night.

I think the biggest issue is adreanline - as someone mentioned on the forum I'm constantly faced with situations that spikes my adreanline because of my job.

I had major insomnia problems and I would say that yes, Cyproheptadine is pretty good for that. A few days of cypro can help to do a reset in case of emergencies, a very small dose can be enough (if you continue taking it for many weeks, effects can wear off). A situation where this is helpful is when you go to bed at night and feel your heart pounding, mind is racing and difficult to switch off - then you are unable to fall asleep even if exhausted. It is not necessarily the most powerful long term tool to calm down, I have realised this is most of the times caused by an inadequate diet, but in times of extra stressful events having cypro can be handy too. It does have side effects (sleepy the next day) and the sleep effect may not last nor be very consistent (a few years ago, I felt no effect from 40+mg per day at the end of my long term cypro experiment). As first line of defence I think in terms of diet and if that's not enough then maybe pregnenolone. The pregnenolone can reduce stress during events, this might be enough to prevent adrenaline type reaction, and if taken at bedtime it will not knock you off so the usage and purpose is a bit different than cypro. So hopefully most times the diet and pregnenolone will prevent most of those situations where you have to turn to the emergency cupboard looking for cypro or some other similar drug.

OP
F

firebreather

jyb said:
post 111027
firebreather said:
post 110779 If you've read any of my threads you know that I'm still struggling with sleep after trying just about everything. One of the tough things is that I'm a firefighter so there are several nights a month that I have to get up in the middle of the night.

I had major insomnia problems and I would say that yes, Cyproheptadine is pretty good for that. A few days of cypro can help to do a reset in case of emergencies, a very small dose can be enough (if you continue taking it for many weeks, effects can wear off). A situation where this is helpful is when you go to bed at night and feel your heart pounding, mind is racing and difficult to switch off - then you are unable to fall asleep even if exhausted. It is not necessarily the most powerful long term tool to calm down, I have realised this is most of the times caused by an inadequate diet, but in times of extra stressful events having cypro can be handy too. It does have side effects (sleepy the next day) and the sleep effect may not last nor be very consistent (a few years ago, I felt no effect from 40+mg per day at the end of my long term cypro experiment). As first line of defence I think in terms of diet and if that's not enough then maybe pregnenolone. The pregnenolone can reduce stress during events, this might be enough to prevent adrenaline type reaction, and if taken at bedtime it will not knock you off so the usage and purpose is a bit different than cypro. So hopefully most times the diet and pregnenolone will prevent most of those situations where you have to turn to the emergency cupboard looking for cypro or some other similar drug.

thank you very much this is helpful.

A little frustrating because diet doesn't seem to be showing results.

Really confused because just when I thought I had the frequent urination issues under control they're coming back just when I've tried to focus more on Peat eating and adrenaline not fading with plenty of salt and sugar

answersfound

firebreather said:
post 111059
jyb said:
post 111027
firebreather said:

Really confused because just when I thought I had the frequent urination issues under control they're coming back just when I've tried to focus more on Peat eating and adrenaline not fading with plenty of salt and sugar

Things didn't fall into place for me until I fixed my liver using caffeine. I think that will help with any blood sugar/adrenaline issues you may have. A theanine caffeine combo supplement is what I used. Also, I think you should supplement thyroid glandular. It will make you more stable if that makes sense.

OP
F

firebreather

answersfound said:
post 111062
firebreather said:
post 111059
jyb said:
post 111027
firebreather said:

Things didn't fall into place for me until I fixed my liver using caffeine. I think that will help with any blood sugar/adrenaline issues you may have. A theanine caffeine combo supplement is what I used. Also, I think you should supplement thyroid glandular. It will make you more stable if that makes sense.

I started taking Theanine with my coffee a few days ago - I think you suggested it in another post.

I'm currently taking 3 grains of Nature-throid which is a t4 and t3 combo.

Are you suggesting something else?

Are adrenaline surges possible without blood sugar lowes? My blood sugar always seems to be in the right range

answersfound

firebreather said:
post 111065
answersfound said:
post 111062
firebreather said:
post 111059
jyb said:
post 111027
firebreather said:

I started taking Theanine with my coffee a few days ago - I think you suggested it in another post.

I'm currently taking 3 grains of Nature-throid which is a t4 and t3 combo.

Are you suggesting something else?

Are adrenaline surges possible without blood sugar lowes? My blood sugar always seems to be in the right range

Idk. 3 grains sounds like a lot. That could be creating adrenaline surges. 4 grains is full thyroid replacement. I would cut back on the thyroid.

OP
F

firebreather

answersfound said:
Idk. 3 grains sounds like a lot. That could be creating adrenaline surges. 4 grains is full thyroid replacement. I would cut back on the thyroid.

I don't know, my t4 and t3 are still on the lower end.

When I went from 2 grains to 3 last May my cholesterol got about 50 points closer to the normal range.

And my morning temp is still 96.8. Pulse is around 68.