Suddenly my anemia is cured.

messtafarian

Since I got my gallbladder out, my hemoglobin has gone from 10.9 to 12.8. Absolutely normal.

I don't have anemia anymore because I am not hemorrhaging from a tiny organ under my liver.

I am also watching my iron numbers go up, from total iron of 10 to 55. 65 is"normal." Ferritin was once 4, it is now 6. It has to get to 11 to be considered "normal."

Interesting, no?

tara

messtafarian said:
post 110125 Interesting, no?
Yes.:)
Lets hope more things will fix themselves over the next few months now that you are not dealing with that big burden.
Maybe your immune system will be able to successfully tackle the virusses now that it isn't having to handle the big gallbladder problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

messtafarian

nullredvector said:
post 110142 How did you know you were bleeding from your liver/galbladder before its removal?

In the pathology report, it was described as "red brown" and hemorrhagic. It was bleeding. Before that I also had very heavy periods so I always attributed it to that. That kind of heavy bleeding stopped; but the numbers really never came back. This is the first time I've scored a 55 maybe in my whole adult life.

OP
M

messtafarian

tara said:
post 110129
messtafarian said:
post 110125 Interesting, no?
Yes.:)
Lets hope more things will fix themselves over the next few months now that you are not dealing with that big burden.
Maybe your immune system will be able to successfully tackle the virusses now that it isn't having to handle the big gallbladder problem.

:). Thanks Tara. Wouldn't that be nice.

Peata

I don't remember, but did your previous blood work (before you got your gb out) ever show that you were fighting an infection? Just wondered.

OP
M

messtafarian

Peata said:
post 110209 I don't remember, but did your previous blood work (before you got your gb out) ever show that you were fighting an infection? Just wondered.

No it did not. Not a single clue. My white blood count in the past year has been low, normal, and high normal. I've had a zillion stomach problems but no pain except GERD, which is somewhat normal for me, and endless diarrhea. There was nothing at all to indicate it was that bad.