Well This Is A Bummer. / Killing Viruses

messtafarian

I got my tests back from Armin Labs in Germany. It showed that I had mild/weak/borderline activity against borrelia and low immunity. All the co-infections were negative. That makes sense since I just did four days of IV antibiotics and probably killed a lot of the bugs.

That's not the bummer though. It also showed active infections with cytomegalovirus, epstein barr, and coxsackie virus. All three of them are pretty high and active.

According to this document, I am also immunosuppressed.

The strategy with Lyme infections is to use antibiotics to knock down the spirochete activity so that the immune system can work better. That is the theory. I guess my next step is to get more antibiotics but I'm a little blindsided by this.

Three viruses, all active. They all suck, too. I can't remember which one it is but one of them is related to polio.

tara

I think heavy x-ray dose runs the risk of further suppressing the immune system. Since you now have a possible explanation for the trouble, maybe that scan is no longer such a high priority?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

messtafarian

I still have to do it. There's a possibility I have some kind of abscess in my gut and that is the only way to get a fast accurate picture of where the problem is. I'm also wondering about cysts in my pancreas or liver. There could be anything in me at this point and this is the most effective way to find it.

OP
M

messtafarian

Does anyone have any experience with killing viruses that won't go away? I know there are "anti-virals"but the infectious disease doctor I am supposed to be seeing tells me I am "post-viral"and there is nothing he can do. I am not post viral. I m chronically viral.

The German doctor sent me a list of products I can buy from Nutramedix.

Any other suggestions?I would drink Lysol at this point.

Ella

Forum Supporter
messtafarian said:
post 110045 experience with killing viruses that won't go away?
Yes, our trusty miracle drug aspirin is has excellent anti-viral activity.

burtlancast

There's MMS of Jim Humble (it works, i've used it many times against flu) , or essential oils to rub on some parts of your body.

Then of course there's colloidal silver, which will disturb your gut flora.

For me, MMS is the most powerful and straightforward way to get rid of any infectious agent (bacteria, virus or parasite). Make sure you don't eat anything containing vit c 4 hours prior to taking it, or you will inactivate it's pro-oxidant action in the body.

OP
M

messtafarian

Yes, this is what I've been told. If you have a virus, there is nothing anyone can do for you. Apparently I have a couple of the shittiest ones.

haidut

Forum Supporter
messtafarian said:
post 110116 Yes, this is what I've been told. If you have a virus, there is nothing anyone can do for you. Apparently I have a couple of the shittiest ones.

Methylene blue is supposed to be able to kill all of them. Anti-serotonin drugs like cyproheptadine recently made the news as being able to stop even Ebola, rabies, and HIV. Niacinamide is a potent antiviral as well.
Chronic viral infection is usually due to high cortisol/estrogen. Estrogen activates retroviruses and herpesviruses like EBV or even JCV. Given your high cortisol I think the most prudent think would be to ask the doctor for something that will lower the cortisol. Given cyproheptadine's benefit for cortisol, estrogen and serotonin, and its effects on specific viruses I'd say cypro is one of your best bets. You can combine with methylene blue for synergysm and the cypro should also control any potential serotonergic effects you may get from higher doses of MB.

Nicholas

i've heard of pregnenolone being used to treat viruses...not only for its immune function, but also perhaps in lowering cortisol.

OP
M

messtafarian

Thanks haidut.

I've been pondering Methylene Blue. I think it sounds like a good option. Over on the "Lyme Wars" front I had someone recommend artemesinin which, as I read about it, is used as an anti-malarial -- meaning it is somehow working like MB.

I haven't broken out the niacinamide yet because I have such strange reactions to high dose vitamin b. It either rocks my blood glucose down to 60 or sucks the potassium out of my body. I laid off the aspirin because I thought my stomach might be bleeding but now, since my hemoglobin is suddenly 100 percent normal that might not be the case.

I did find out something interesting -- the highest viral titer I have is to something called Coxsackie. It is a son of a b**** and causes all kinds of nerve problems like spastic paresis and tremor, aseptic meningitis, -- essentially everything I've been describing for a year. I'm glad to know the cause but this is one scary as hell virus and it HAS to go. There are cases where its caused status epilepticus, subcortical dementia -- the REALLY bad stuff. Neuronal damage, transverse myelitis, poliomyelitis. And it's active, and I'm sure it's been active all year.

I sent my blood to a lab in Germany and had a short email exchange with the guy who founded the lab. He says coxsackie is a virus he sees most often in unexplained, protracted CFS and neurological problems from difficult cases in the US. It took me a year to get this far -- usually it takes ten or more on average. Oh -- and it also messes seriously with the HPA axis.

OP
M

messtafarian

Nicholas said:
post 110141 i've heard of pregnenolone being used to treat viruses...not only for its immune function, but also perhaps in lowering cortisol.

Good point. Back on the pregnenolone as of tomorrow.

kyev

messtafarian,

I'm in the same boat pretty much. I had high titers for all of those viruses. It started with a severe reaction to an herbal anti-fungal for my intestinal yeast overgrowth about 1.5 years ago. I believe I was harboring many of the viruses in my gut and when I took the anti-fungal which was also strongly anti-viral, it just spread the infection around my body. I now have heart issues (although they can't find anything structurally wrong with it...and I've done every heart test short of a catheterization) and tinnitus. I believe the infection is in my nervous system which is causing my symptoms.

I'm going back to an alternative practitioner soon, who was the one that initially suggested the viruses and hopefully get on a good protocol to treat them. I'm looking at trying to build my immune system up initially to see if I can improve that way, and if not I will then look into anti-vitals.

How did they test for immunosuppression?

OP
M

messtafarian

I've been reading that high doses of b12 can "wake up" viral infections as can supplementing butyric acid. I have no idea of the molecular process that does this but there are papers on it. What's interesting is that I started researching butyrate to try to *kill* viruses since adequate butyrate is supposed to build white blood cells, so I can't fathom how raising a white blood cell count would wake up sleeping virii.

Maybe in your case taking the anti-fungal killed off some bacteria that were keeping your viruses in latent form.

The good news is that viruses in their latent form are often what start cancer, especially in the gut. In their lytic phase, if you kill them, they're gone and that's one less cancer reservoir you've got.

I found out I was immunosuppressed during Lyme testing. There's a subset of white cells called CD57 that goes low in Lyme. I also now suddenly have a low total white blood cell count.

The test for CD57 they do by a process called flow cytrometry. You can get your total white blood count from a test called the CBC differential. Doctors do this test all the time -- I've had about 12 of them done in the past couple years.

What I've been doing for my viruses lately is taking IP6 and BRM4, Lauricidin and Cimetidine ( Tagamet). I made an appointment with an ID doc to ask him for antivirals but a lot of pharmaceutical antivirals don't really work anyway.

kyev

Interestingly, I had very high levels of B12 when I was really sick last year. Have you read this article on the connection between B12 and SIBO?

http://www.yourhealthbase.com/B12overload.htm

Ok, yea I've heard of the CD57 test. Maybe I'll try to get that done.

Were you talking about Takuna in another thread? I've tried that before but may not have been on it long enough. There's also on called Banderol.

What are IP6 and BRM4?

OP
M

messtafarian

kyev said:
Interestingly, I had very high levels of B12 when I was really sick last year. Have you read this article on the connection between B12 and SIBO?

http://www.yourhealthbase.com/B12overload.htm

Ok, yea I've heard of the CD57 test. Maybe I'll try to get that done.

Were you talking about Takuna in another thread? I've tried that before but may not have been on it long enough. There's also on called Banderol.

What are IP6 and BRM4?

I didn't know that about b12 -- what I was reading was that too much b12 -- megadosing I guess -- can cause a person to "overmethylate" ( no idea even after years what that exactly means) and give viruses fuel or something.

IP6 is basically a refined rice bran that's supposed to raise natural killer cells. BRM4 is nearly the same thing with mushroom fractions added.

The cimetidine is interesting -- there have been a lot of studies showing that it's specifically effective against Epstein Barr.

I do have Takuna and I started taking it, but I had to stop because I had some hormonal testing done. It's really highly regarded -- it's been shown to lower Hep C titers. I think Banderol is more antibacterial.

BobbyDukez

EBV and CMV are members of the herpes virus family, have you ever thought about Valtrex? I've heard of Drs using that to treat EBV don't know about CMV though.

No_Energy

@haidut / fellow forum members, do you guys know the MB regimen/daily dosages as antiviral?

Last edited: