SolBan - Liquid Aspirin/Caffeine/Niacinamide Mix

kaybb

Hi Haidut! I love the Solban so far. I have been doing the caffine for liver health & I crashed and burned the last 4 days. After reviewing everything I am doing ...I am wondering how much caffine is absorbed on average, from the Solban. I read something somewhere and can't find it again. Looks like I may have to use it in the morning like you mentioned, for sure. And then figure in the mg. In to my total caffine. My hearts crazy beating at night, I feel so burned out......and I was doing so wonderfully. Maybe a little teak figuring solban caffine will help.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
kaybb said:
post 105049 Hi Haidut! I love the Solban so far. I have been doing the caffine for liver health & I crashed and burned the last 4 days. After reviewing everything I am doing ...I am wondering how much caffine is absorbed on average, from the Solban. I read something somewhere and can't find it again. Looks like I may have to use it in the morning like you mentioned, for sure. And then figure in the mg. In to my total caffine. My hearts crazy beating at night, I feel so burned out......and I was doing so wonderfully. Maybe a little teak figuring solban caffine will help.

I think caffeine is 1% concentration, and 4-5 sprays is 1ml, so 10mg caffeine in every 4-5 sprays.

Last edited by a moderator:

kaybb

Oh..that's not going to be the culprit. I must need to just back off caffine a little. Thanks !

johnwester130

if niacin forces fat into the blood,

wouldn't that be a better way to get rid of PUFA ?

Niacinamide blocks fat from being burned, therefore you hold onto the PUFA for longer ?

Could you see any use for niacin ?

tara

johnwester130 said:
post 108859 if niacin forces fat into the blood,

wouldn't that be a better way to get rid of PUFA ?

Niacinamide blocks fat from being burned, therefore you hold onto the PUFA for longer ?

Could you see any use for niacin ?
My understanding of Peat's approach to this is that the PUFA is likely to do more harm when it's released into circulation than when it's tucked away in storage. Some will be released into circulation anyway, and the body can dispose of a little relatively safely. Flooding the system with lots PUFAs released from storage risks more trouble. I think he said 50-100mg niacinamide a few times a day would still allow the PUFA to be slowly released, but not in such overwhelming quantities. And it would help support the detoxification processes.

EquilibriumSW

Hi Haidut how are you ?

I received the package yesterday with one bottle of Solban and one of Estroban, but about half of the Solban bottle came spilled on the package =/ What now?

Also, the same questions: Are there any bad site effects from Solban? like Sexual/libido or Gynecomastia?

What are the recommended daily doses?

Does Solban help hair loss? For how long can I use Solban?

Also what time of the day is better to take Estroban and spray Solban

Thanks in advance for your time, have a nice day =)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
EquilibriumSW said:
post 109192 Hi Haidut how are you ?

I received the package yesterday with one bottle of Solban and one of Estroban, but about half of the Solban bottle came spilled on the package =/ What now?

Also, the same questions: Are there any bad site effects from Solban? like Sexual/libido or Gynecomastia?

Sorry to hear about that.
You can file a claim with USPS for damaged package. This is the link and you use the tracking number to open a claim.
https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm

There is no known side effect to SolBan except for possibly dryer skin at site of application. Not sure why think SolBan can give you gynecomastia...Never heard of this happen to anyone or know of a mechanism through which one of the ingredients can cause it.
There is no recommended dose, except to keep in mind that about 5 sprays give you 1ml, so if you use 5 sprays it should last about 60 days. The effects of SolBan on hair loss are discussed in the studies at the beginning of the thread and several people in the thread have discussed their experience with SolBan on hair loss. It is highly illegal for me to discuss usage of this product for any actual conditions.
EstroBan can be used at the same time as SolBan as the two do not interfere with each others' absorption. Some people use EstroBan in the evening since it gives it time to absorb and not make them oily during the day when they wear more clothes.

EquilibriumSW

haidut said:
post 109196
EquilibriumSW said:

You can file a claim with USPS for damaged package. This is the link and you use the tracking number to open a claim.

There is no known side effect to SolBan except for possibly dryer skin at site of application. Not sure why think SolBan can give you gynecomastia...Never heard of this happen to anyone or know of a mechanism through which one of the ingredients can cause it.
There is no recommended dose, except to keep in mind that about 5 sprays give you 1ml, so if you use 5 sprays it should last about 60 days. The effects of SolBan on hair loss are discussed in the studies at the beginning of the thread and several people in the thread have discussed their experience with SolBan on hair loss. It is highly illegal for me to discuss usage of this product for any actual conditions.
EstroBan can be used at the same time as SolBan as the two do not interfere with each others' absorption. Some people use EstroBan in the evening since it gives it time to absorb and not make them oily during the day when they wear more clothes.

Thank you for the quick reply =D But is Estroban topical or oral?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
EquilibriumSW said:
post 109209
haidut said:
post 109196
EquilibriumSW said:

Thank you for the quick reply =D But is Estroban topical or oral?

We are only licensed for topical use but many people on the forum use it orally apparently. Read through the full thread for more info.

DrJ

This has been quite awesome for me! It cured a face sunburn I got while spending all day at the beach using 4 times per day for 2 days following; no peeling occurred and burn converted to a tan. Also, twice I burned my finger (different finger each time) on the stove, about low-severity 2nd degree burn each time, and applied the spray to the burn within 5 minutes. The pain lingered for about 15 more minutes, but the redness disappeared within a half-hour and I had no blistering both times. Pretty amazing for the kitchen. Thanks!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
DrJ said:
post 110038 This has been quite awesome for me! It cured a face sunburn I got while spending all day at the beach using 4 times per day for 2 days following; no peeling occurred and burn converted to a tan. Also, twice I burned my finger (different finger each time) on the stove, about low-severity 2nd degree burn each time, and applied the spray to the burn within 5 minutes. The pain lingered for about 15 more minutes, but the redness disappeared within a half-hour and I had no blistering both times. Pretty amazing for the kitchen. Thanks!

This is amazing, thanks for sharing! If you do find other uses for SolBan please keep us posted.

Ritchie

ilovethesea said:
haidut said:
uuy8778yyi said:
is the alcohol bad for the face ?

or irrelevant ?

Why would alcohol be bad for the face? Where have you seen references that 20% alcohol solution applied in such amounts is bad for the skin?

Anything I've read from skincare experts seems to think alcohol is a bad idea in skincare. Eg. http://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advi ... -the-facts

"The research is clear: Alcohol harms your skin's protective barrier, triggers free-radical damage, makes oily skin and redness worse, and is best described as "pro-aging.""

Sources: Biochmica et Biophysica Acta (BBA), volume 1818, issue 5, May 2012, pages 1410–1419; Skinmed, January-February 2011, pages 15–21; Journal of Investigative Dermatology Symposium Proceedings, August 2009, pages 20–24; Clinical Dermatology, September-October 2004, pages 360–366; Journal of Investigative Dermatology, volume 120, 2003, pages 275–284; Journal of Hospital Infection, volume 55, issue 4, December 2003, pages 239–245; Dermatology, January 2003, pages 17–23; Alcohol, volume 26, issue 3, pages 179–190; Dermatologic Clinics, volume 16, issue 1, January 1998, pages 25–47; and http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/ ... 77-284.htm.

Is this information wrong? What do you think Haidut? I have for years avoided alcohol in my skincare products.

Hi Haidut, did this ever get answered? Curious to know your take on it, I was also under the impression that prolonged and consistent use of alcohol on the skin (i.e. as a large percentage of a skincare solution) wasn't the best but there is so much information out there it's hard to know what's real and what's not...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
AndrewR said:
post 113984
ilovethesea said:
haidut said:
uuy8778yyi said:

or irrelevant ?

Why would alcohol be bad for the face? Where have you seen references that 20% alcohol solution applied in such amounts is bad for the skin?

Anything I've read from skincare experts seems to think alcohol is a bad idea in skincare. Eg. http://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advi ... -the-facts

"The research is clear: Alcohol harms your skin's protective barrier, triggers free-radical damage, makes oily skin and redness worse, and is best described as "pro-aging.""

Sources: Biochmica et Biophysica Acta (BBA), volume 1818, issue 5, May 2012, pages 1410–1419; Skinmed, January-February 2011, pages 15–21; Journal of Investigative Dermatology Symposium Proceedings, August 2009, pages 20–24; Clinical Dermatology, September-October 2004, pages 360–366; Journal of Investigative Dermatology, volume 120, 2003, pages 275–284; Journal of Hospital Infection, volume 55, issue 4, December 2003, pages 239–245; Dermatology, January 2003, pages 17–23; Alcohol, volume 26, issue 3, pages 179–190; Dermatologic Clinics, volume 16, issue 1, January 1998, pages 25–47; and http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/ ... 77-284.htm.

Is this information wrong? What do you think Haidut? I have for years avoided alcohol in my skincare products.

Hi Haidut, did this ever get answered? Curious to know your take on it, I was also under the impression that prolonged and consistent use of alcohol on the skin (i.e. as a large percentage of a skincare solution) wasn't the best but there is so much information out there it's hard to know what's real and what's not...

The ethanol in SolBan is not high concentration and a good deal of it probably evaporates before having a chance to affect the skin. I have not heard a single complaint so far of people using SolBan saying their skin is somehow negatively affected, but it's good that you bring this up. Maybe it will encourage people to step forward.

Ritchie

haidut said:
post 114083
AndrewR said:
post 113984
ilovethesea said:
haidut said:
uuy8778yyi said:

or irrelevant ?

The ethanol in SolBan is not high concentration and a good deal of it probably evaporates before having a chance to affect the skin. I have not heard a single complaint so far of people using SolBan saying their skin is somehow negatively affected, but it's good that you bring this up. Maybe it will encourage people to step forward.

Thankyou Haidut, I’ve purchased and been using SolBan myself and love the product!! I have already seen great results during and after sun exposure, prevented burning and calmed my skin down significantly afterwards. I plan on continuing to use SolBan as I think its fantastic and I’ll be recommending it to my fam and friends, love your work :hattip I only raise the issue of ethanol as it may be a tweak in the product to consider altering in the future (or maybe not, depending on how its affect on the skin, or lack there of, is interpreted from the research). I have read a few studies pointing to the detrimental affects of ethanol when used on the skin and don’t want to be doing ongoing detriment behind the scenes, so to speak. I haven’t noticed anything negative at all when using it, quite the opposite and I'd say you're right about it evaporating before having any chance to affect the skin, but just thought I would raise it :)
One example is this study http://www.alcoholjournal.org/article/S0741-8329(02)00198-2/abstract

"Ethanol is commonly used in cosmetic and pharmaceutical preparations. To test whether ethanol may cause apoptosis in skin cells, we treated A431 epidermoid skin cells and neonatal human primary skin cells with different concentrations of ethanol, for different time periods. Ethanol was toxic to cells in both a dose- and time-dependent manner and increased the percentage of cells undergoing apoptosis. Treatment of cells with 40 and 100 mM ethanol increased release of the proinflammatory cytokine tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α) into culture medium and increased its expression in cells. The TNF-α was toxic to A431 epidermoid skin cells at concentrations similar to those released by cells on exposure to ethanol. Ethanol-treated cells examined by electron microscopy showed organelle damage, condensed chromatin, and apoptotic bodies. Therefore, even at low concentrations, ethanol may induce apoptosis in skin cells by enhancing the effects of TNF-α.”

tara

I like solban, and intend to keep using it. I suspect a slight drying from the ethanol, but I figure there may be need for it as a preservative as well as it's solvent propeties, and I like the product enough to keep using it. I think it has helped resolve unintentional sunburn more quickly, and I often put a couple of squirts on my face in the morning.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
tara said:
post 114211 I like solban, and intend to keep using it. I suspect a slight drying from the ethanol, but I figure there may be need for it as a preservative as well as it's solvent propeties, and I like the product enough to keep using it. I think it has helped resolve unintentional sunburn more quickly, and I often put a couple of squirts on my face in the morning.

Yep, the ethanol is there for sanitization as well. It is especially relevant in the DMSO products, since ethanol helps clear the skin keeping in mind how powerfully DMSO will drag with it everything lying on the surface.

seano

2 questions for @haidut & all:
- a) Experience or opinions for SolBan use when sweating and/or in water sports?
- b) Useful/less to combine with zinc oxide based sunblocks?

I will be surfing & hiking for 2 weeks near the equator and considering taking SolBan as my only sunscreen.

p.s. I already SolBan but am in Britain so haven't tested it yet.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
seano said:
post 115029 2 questions for @haidut & all:
- a) Experience or opinions for SolBan use when sweating and/or in water sports?

I will be surfing & hiking for 2 weeks near the equator and considering taking SolBan as my only sunscreen.

If you use it about an hour before going into the sun/water it should absorb in the skin sufficiently to not be easily washed off by water or sweat. And yes, I see no issue with adding zinc oxide on top of SolBan to make the sunblock effect even stronger. However, I have not tested this myself so can't vouch for it.

tara

seano said:
post 115029 2 questions for @haidut & all:

I'm not Haidut, but I'll stick my opinion in anyway. :)
I would not rely on solban alone if you are going to get a lot more sun than you are used to. I like and use solban both preventively and for recovery, but I've also been burnt while wearing it if the sun was hot and long enough.
Zinc is good for a stronger protection. My most effective brew so far was cocoa butter + coconut oil + beeswax + zinc oxide (not nano-sized). The beeswax makes it stick much better in the surf.

Dotdash

If a person wanted to experiment with SolBan for hair loss issues, how would one go about doing it. Should it be left on all day, or is there a minimum/maximum absorption time frame after which it could be washed out?